It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with: Sense8 ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
It does seem to be an agenda. My favorite program used to be Sons od Anarchy. I used to binge watch episodes. I got to the episoge where the old scooter tramp was getting butt raped in jail while the nvestigator watched. That was it for me. I turned it off, and never watched another episode.

I've never seen that show but what "agenda" do you think rape is promoting? Do you feel that anal rape makes anal sex more appealing? Do you think that typical rape scenes in movies promote heterosexuality?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I really enjoyed Sense8. I can't wait for the next series. Relationships come in all shapes and sizes. The connected individuals were a cross section of society - different races, religions, nationalities and sexualities including a transgender woman, a gay man, straight men and women, German, African and American. The point was that they were all very different individuals connected across the world.

I agree with many of the other posters who suggest that the sex scenes were overly long however it shouldn't be a matter of gay or straight. I had no issue with any of the sex scenes based on the sexualities involved.

I think anything that can open us up to someone or something different is important.

Scally

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AbyshaRape promotes rape, and violence promoted violence. Men having sex with other men promotes the same.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: AbyshaRape promotes rape, and violence promoted violence. Men having sex with other men promotes the same.

So... what agenda do you think "butt rape" scenes promote?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scallywwagg
I really enjoyed Sense8. I can't wait for the next series. Relationships come in ALL SHAPES AND SIZES. The CONNECTED INDIVIDUALS were a cross section of society - different races, religions, nationalities and sexualities including a transgender woman, a gay man, straight men and women, German, African and American. The point was that they were all very different individuals connected across the world.

I agree with many of the other posters who suggest that the sex scenes were OVERLY LONG however it shouldn't be a matter of gay or straight. I had no issue with any of the sex scenes based on the sexualities involved.

I think anything that can OPEN US UP to someone or something different is important.

Scally

You Scallywag

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It does seem to be an agenda. My favorite program used to be Sons od Anarchy. I used to binge watch episodes. I got to the episoge where the old scooter tramp was getting butt raped in jail while the nvestigator watched. That was it for me. I turned it off, and never watched another episode.

Good thing. You wouldve found out later on that Tig was hooking up with a dude.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

The Hollywood agenda

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Even on Black sails..... They feel the need to slip it in. Most men may not mind seeing women kiss, but are repulsed by seeing the same in men. Its just the way it is

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

The Hollywood agenda

I'll stop poking you but I just want to say that I have no idea what the "Hollywood agenda" is nor have I heard any two people agree on a definition. To me, those are just two words joined in a meaningless phrase.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Sense8 was created and produced by the Wachowskis, both of whom are trans women(born male)

They are simply trying to promote the acceptance of gay and transgender lifestyle in popular media

If you don't like it, I suggest you change the channel

top topics

<< 1   >>

join