It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self reflection though conversation with yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I no longer believe that it's crazy to talk to yourself. I see no reason why it would be wrong to verbally verify your emotions through having a conversation with yourself. You are what you think. YOU are literally your thoughts. The only way to actually have a conversation with yourself is to verbally react to your thoughts. Don't verbally have long ass conversation, you're talking to yourself, you already know what you actually want. The only verbal part will likly just be a short reaction before YOU are already responding with something new in your head already.

Misinterpretation happens on both ends. #1. People see someone talking to themselves and they think mental demons usually more often than not.) Maybe in reality that person just has very violent thoughts, but doesn't like the thoughts they are having. (Misinterpretation #2. They begin to attribute those violet thoughts to a voice in their head.) Most likly due to being in denial of their own feelings.

So with both misinterpretations in place, we have literally created a demon out of nothing but thought. Because #1 already assume demons, or at the very least "voices" that are not that person's own. When in reality that person may just not want to accept the nature of their own thoughts. (Reassuring yourself that you aren't crazy really does help the process from escalating to demon misinterpretations.)

Without the misinterpretations, I find it to be a truly modest practice. Who else better to tell you how you feel about something you are passionate about other than you? Take your own advice.

Do you have any sort of verbal verification system with your thoughts? Any where from conversations, to maybe just a little chuckle or a "That's #ed up."?

FUN THOUGHT: I believe some cases of voices, but not all can be attributed to the simple fact that everyone precieves the world differently. (Think about that, how many people in the world? There's that many interpretations of life walking around. That are different from your preseption.)
edit on 15-4-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The I, the I am, the I wish and the I want are all busy builders on a construction site outside in your Garden.

Therefor the conversation inside Is: double glazing.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Talking to your inner child (which we all have) can be an eye opening and uplifting experience.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
When I see people talking to themselves ... the red flag goes right to the top of the pole.

top topics

join