It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We ET, Time Travellers and Living in The Past?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Is there evidence to support the hypothesis that we are what we see (advanced humans)? As may have been the case throughout history. And what we see are human time traveler's? And does that mean that our current reality as this thread is being created and subsequently posted to is our present but merely a recording of the futures past?

If this hypothesis were truth what are the implications for the human race and its continued passage through time?

And does it explain many strange things we and our past have experienced?

Can you get your head around this hypothesis or should it be dismissed tosh?

Partial Ref: LMH

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

If we are living in the past, why do we see ancient ruins from previous civilizations?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

If we are living in the past, why do we see ancient ruins from previous civilizations?
Good question, maybe because they are there and we can see the past and our present but we cant see our future because to us its not there yet but to human TT's it is. Not sure...........maybe someone else can provide a view on that.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hum? Does it have to be time travel? What if we are in a computer simulation of the times before these clever little monkey men figured how to become gods? You know, "monkey see, monkey do" for those (that means, "us aliens") to get an idea of how difficult it actually was for the clever little monkeys to do in the first place.

So yeah, it could be "time travel" but not in the sense I think you mean.

And I will go one more step over the edge. What if from within the simulation a group of people (scientists) have figured out how to hack back into the simulation and change things? So that is why we have Bernstein and Bernstain, Townsend and Townshend, etc.
edit on 14-4-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It would make more sense if we time traveled forward into the future, but then started over back at the stone age.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Hum? Does it have to be time travel? What if we are in a computer simulation of the times before these clever little monkey men figured how to become gods? You know, "monkey see, monkey do" for those (that means, "us aliens") to get an idea of how difficult it actually was for the clever little monkeys to do in the first place.

So yeah, it could be "time travel" but not in the sense I think you mean.

And I will go one more step over the edge. What if from within the simulation a group of people (scientists) have figured out how to hack back into the simulation and change things? So that is why we have Bernstein and Bernstain, Townsend and Townshend, etc.
Who knows, but something ain't what we are led to believe.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It would make more sense if we time traveled forward into the future, but then started over back at the stone age.
Interesting suggestion but can you explain how that would work?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

What if our simulated reality is sort of kindergarten for advanced godlings?

Or even better: A fantasy MMO where we play at a pretend version of reality which never actually existed at all because it is more exciting?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thread of the night so far.

People claim that there is only the now, the past doesn't exist and neither does the future. So, time travel would be impossible if that is the case.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here's another: assuming a simulated reality, because time travel is less likely, given our current technology, who are the "players" with little to no agency?

Low level noobs, or NPC's?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, maybe more like "a version of existence where we play out our lives not knowing (or only getting occasional glimpses) of our existences in other realities."

"Time" being an illusion created by perception, after all.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I'll bite. How illusory is time, really? From where I'm standing, space time are literally the same thing. I see no reason one should be any less (or more) real than the other.

And if space isn't real either than distance is just perception as well. The implications being that an entity who perceives space more fully might see short-cuts in the distance side of spacetime as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

My original thought was that because the Milky Way stands vertical to the plane of our solar system that it swallowed a dwarf galaxy containing our solar system. We as clever little monkeys made up stories about gods and heaven and what have you. Then we started (or pushed? force evolved? did it on our own?) making tech. Smaller, faster, more incredible than the previous generation. We are figuring out quantum entanglement. Next we conquer gravity. Add in nuclear fusion and we are off to the stars!

Or are we? Why not at that point of development leave a record of all your wonders? So after the little monkey men transcend there is some account of their pitiful lives? What better way than a MMO of their history? And that is where my idea of a simulation comes from.

edit on 14-4-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tori spelling

edit on 14-4-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Thread of the night so far.

People claim that there is only the now, the past doesn't exist and neither does the future. So, time travel would be impossible if that is the case.

But what if they do exist and sometimes what people see and experienced is the overlapping of time, be that the present-past or the present-future? It would certainly explain a lot of paranormal stuff. I remember a story about someone in the US walking across a corn field of a region where US civil war battles were fought and seeing a troop of soldiers marching across the field. They apparently inquired into whether there was any activities taking place in that field at the time and so I understand there were none. This could be considered an example of present-past overlapping and if true then the past present and future are in continued existence all the time.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My personal thought on all this is that we live past, present, and future all symotaniously. I am writing this in the present, yet this very sentence is already in the past, and the finished thought yet to be written is the future, yet present as I put it into print.

I don't think you could time travel in any direction unless you are already there to begin with. Yet wherever you are in time at any given moment will still be the now.

I'm also a pretty positive thinker that we don't destroy ourselves and already do live among the stars etc.. I wouldn't be surprised at all that some things seen or spotted are just ourselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well, if the E.t or Ufos are from the future, and we are their ancestors, that would mean we ain't aliens...Yet.

I'd think the implications would more or less effect any able-time traveler, to come here and back to furture forward to their time but that if they can physically come here. If past, present, and future are simultaneous, then would sightings of UFO's, or even actions if they ever did anything, would have more implications on them due to being kind of out the physical loop and yet still here, since they aren't really born or even exist yet, until they do.

Maybe time travelers are more E.D, then just being terrestrial. Just my musings.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

An easy explanation is that our original, "advanced" civilizations eventually died off. So when we time travelers went forward in time, nature had already started reclaiming the ruined remnants of those civilizations.

Imagine if you were sent 100 million years into the future. There's a good chance that humans would've killed ourselves off by then and our former cities would be just another layer of sediment in the soil. And maybe some massive changes to the surface would cause things to appear different on the surface. As in, Europe became a polar continent like Antarctica, the Sahara Desert becomes a lush marshland, and Antarctica is now a vast, untouched continent of jungles, swamps, and grasslands.

Now suppose you "arrived" in Antarctica. You're surrounded by animals and vegetation that simply didn't exist during your time on earth, and literally nothing is recognizable. If you personally don't know how to mine minerals, smelt metals, and craft glass, you'd be starting from scratch. And even if you knew how, it would be pointless if you couldn't create the tools to do it effectively. Any modern technology you brought with you would be useless without the parts and infrastructure to use, fix, or maintain them. Phones, computers, and even petroleum driven vehicles would be useless, and you'd probably spend all of your time simply trying to survive the new environment and creatures.

I think that's what he/she means.
edit on 14-4-2016 by enlightenedservant because: clarified

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm not sure what would happen to those "scientists," but I wouldn't be surprised if they found, upon their arrival, that those who run the simulation are run by a simulation as well. How do you hack something like, that to change things?

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Well, not exactly since it's just hypothesizing scenarios that sound like a sci fi movie.

For whatever reason humans knew something was going to occur that would completely wipe us out. Some natural calamity (comet, solar flare, flood) or war destruction occurred and for humans to be saved they collaborated and developed a jump 500,000 years into the future. A limited amount of people with just the clothes on their back. Or launched a satellite with the beginnings of life on it in the hopes when it crashed into earth in several thousand years it would jump start life again.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Eeks! Recursion! "Wash, rinse, repeat"! The mind boggles. May as well start the whole "multiverse" discussion at that point.

I was going off of OP's question. What if, in some distant future time, some aliens found some tech that allowed them to experience what the clever little monkeys did to avoid self-destruction and head to the stars which is where I was going with the simulation idea as a form of time travel. I wasn't even thinking of what if there's no there there!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join