It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bipartisan group of U.S. Senators urge NBA to move '17 All-Star Game

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Let each state run its state the way that state wants to the state.

Let the "equipment" be the deciding factor in what bathroom you go in.

You do understand there are trans children, right?

You want, say a 5 year old, m/f girl to use the men's room.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There is a conflict when you see an obvious bias yet at the same time want to protect the rights of people to promote even biased laws.

People have the right to be stupid. I just wish the politicians were smarter, but they used to be people also.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There is a conflict when you see an obvious bias yet at the same time want to protect the rights of people to promote even biased laws.

People have the right to be stupid. I just wish the politicians were smarter, but they used to be people also.

I've seen a lot of Stupid in my 70 years.

I know who is behind these anti-LGBT bills.

Considering this NC "religious freedom" bill is directed at Government facilities - - - which means Schools - - - it violates church and state.

God paranoia at its finest.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I'm just a little younger than you, so I can sympathize with the amount of stupidity.

No one who is for individual rights would be for bills like this, in my opinion.

I don't profess to understand the LGBQ thing. But I will defend the right of the individual to be whatever they want to be.

If we don't defend the rights of the transgendered, then who knows. Anyone might be next.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't profess to understand the LGBQ thing. But I will defend the right of the individual to be whatever they want to be.

If we don't defend the rights of the transgendered, then who knows. Anyone might be next.

Yeah, I don't fully understand LGBTQ completely either.

But, we know enough to know its Not a Choice. And its been part of humanity, probably since the beginning.

Its no different then being born Left Handed. The "pot" was stirred just a little bit differently.

There was a time the religious thought seizures were being possessed by the devil. That's a physical thing too.

edit on 14-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This could be a disaster for NC colleges and universities. If this spreads, they may have to eliminate sports programs. No more huge salaries for coaches and staffs. No more money spent on stadiums and basketball courts. They might have to spend that money on academics. Or even worse, lower tuition costs.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No lack of compromise and real solutions is what caused this bill.

We have extreme far left and extreme far right now unable to compromise and both thinking they're morally superior.

Both are equally scary

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Let each state run its state the way that state wants to the state.

Let the "equipment" be the deciding factor in what bathroom you go in.

That is too much common sense for some people.

However, I agree with you.

Then quite frankly you must be a moron.
Most Transgender people appear to be the gender they appear to be, so by forcing this law this state is forcing people who look like men to use the women's facilities and people who look like women to use the men's.

Please tell me you understand this absolute stupidity.

In addition, this is not JUST about transgender people. This is about sweeping laws denying the rights of all LGBT people.

Whether the most ignorant and moronic here like it or not, corporations and companies have every right to make decisions based on their business when it comes to laws in states affecting them. If they do not want to do business in a state, you don't have a f-ing say in it.

In addition, these laws were not passed by mandate of the people, the people have rejected them in massive numbers.

You know, it's hilarious to see the hypocrisy of the most ignorant people here, on the one hand screaming about laws created that they don't like (GUN LAWS ANYONE?) while suggesting it's perfectly fine for a state to enact laws which go against the constitution, as it suits them.

Please people, if you're going to be ignorant fools, at least stop being so damn hypocritical in your ignorance.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

No lack of compromise and real solutions is what caused this bill.

We have extreme far left and extreme far right now unable to compromise and both thinking they're morally superior.

Both are equally scary

Only one side is denying free people equal rights and protections under the law.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
There was a time the religious thought seizures were being possessed by the devil. That's a physical thing too.

Far too many Christian Republicans still think that.
This is what we're dealing with when it comes to the Tea Party and their preachy right-wing friends.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The link here is Matthew Staver at Liberty Counsel, the same Christian fanatic is behind all of these bills.

CBS news

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

To use any bathroom they please without any proof they actually have a real issue. Listen I'm logical about this but saying this is normal protection is lacking.

The people who aren't comfortable having grown "men" around their daughters is a valid argument and shouldnt be shut down just because SJWS can't have grown up arguements.

We can find a solution that accommodates everyone but unfortunately this is just one example of how divided we are as a country unable to find solutions that can appease both parties.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

How is anyone supposed to take your opinions seriously when you call them idiotic moronic igorant and stupid?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

My God i am so sick of this stupid topic.

Religious extremism in the US has just gone back to 1950.

So are we going to just get the TSA to do "Chromosome Compliance Checks" before you are given access to the bathroom? How in the holy hell will this even be enforced? If you are a lady with a bit of a moustache, you might be harrassed on the way into the bathroom?

What baffles me is how humanity can actually be stupider on the whole than individuals are. We are actually less than the sum of our individual parts.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

To use any bathroom they please without any proof they actually have a real issue. Listen I'm logical about this but saying this is normal protection is lacking.

The people who aren't comfortable having grown "men" around their daughters is a valid argument and shouldnt be shut down just because SJWS can't have grown up arguements.

We can find a solution that accommodates everyone but unfortunately this is just one example of how divided we are as a country unable to find solutions that can appease both parties.

Im curious what methodology you see being used to identify gender issues in the restroom.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
"We're going to force you to change your law, which allows people to conduct their own personal business as they see fit and as their own personal morals guide them and doesn't match the morals of a small segment of society, because we don't believe anybody should have someone else's morals forced on them."

For my next act, I shall declare anyone who believes themself to be a salmon must be allowed to strip naked and swim upstream in the city hall fountain WITHOUT PUBLIC REPROACH... because reasons!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im curious what methodology you see being used to identify gender issues in the restroom.

Dunno about anyone else, but the standard "If you have a penis, use the toilet behind the door with the little stick man on it, else use the one with a skirt wearing stick woman on the door" has never let the vast majority of people down.

Not everyone can be provided for in deference of their own whims and quirks, that's just life. You model to the average and the majority and it used to be common sense for the outliers to recognize their differences... make them different, and that's not the rest of our problem to deal with.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Im just curious, though. Lets say this law is in place, and being enforced and all. How do you keep Kaitlyn Jenner out? Are you going to be the person that goes up to the rather masculine looking woman and asks her if she's really a man? What if that woman was your wife, how would you feel about her being asked this?

It just seems so stupid when you really examine how it'll be enforced.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Good question

But I can got get a dress and a wig right now and say I'm transgendered

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Unrefined, assholish, but very valid answer: Public shame and scorn worked pretty well for decades. Get caught in the wrong toilet, find your photo with a scathing commentary in the following day's newspaper.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join