It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with those 'wild' Danish kids?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I'm pretty sure that was cucumbers, and it is in effect... if you buy conventional cucumbers you'll find that they are pretty much all straight and can only deviate so much from eachother in size...
edit on 14/4/16 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
if they were a minority, i wonder if the headline, topic, edited videos would have different tones?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
if they were a minority, i wonder if the headline, topic, edited videos would have different tones?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Why is the school responsible for teaching "wilderness" type activities?

Isn't that the parents job?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Maybe they're teaching them independence, confidence and technique, science. Not everything must be taught within the confines of a brick building with fluorescent lights. Some things can be absorbed more easily in a natural setting.

Wilderness??? Those activities are teaching hand and eye coordination - whitling, physical education, science - stomping through water (displacement) and climbing hills (gravity), and climbing trees:

Scaling a tree teaches them vital lessons, such as dexterity, risk assessment, focus, and planning. They have to decide how high they’re comfortable climbing, the best way to get there, which branches look sturdiest, and figure out how to get back down. A successful climb builds confidence, gives them a sense of freedom, and helps them appreciate nature. An unsuccessful climb has the most valuable lesson a child can learn: how to pick themselves up and get right back at it again.--------theriskykids.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Funny, we do this kinda stuff in LA all the time.

And I'm talking about adults.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
No wonder kids these days turn into snowflakes, they can't even play!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Maybe they're teaching them independence, confidence and technique, science. Not everything must be taught within the confines of a brick building with fluorescent lights. Some things can be absorbed more easily in a natural setting.

Yes.

By parents.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yes.

By parents.

Bull#.... And besides this isnt school, this is kindergarden.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

originally posted by: Annee

Yes.

By parents

Bull#.... And besides this isnt school, this is kindergarden.

Bullpucky because I believe school should be academic and parents responsible for wilderness type activity?

Raising grandkids now. Trying not to make the same mistakes I did with my own.

We are not a wilderness society. It serves little purpose in today's world.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I agree. Our kids should be spending time at home playing video games and IF they go out we should make sure they always wear a helmet and other safety gear in case they fall and possibly(could have) scraped their knee(s).

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
I agree. Our kids should be spending time at home playing video games and IF they go out we should make sure they always wear a helmet and other safety gear in case they fall and possibly(could have) scraped their knee(s).

Where did I say anything like that?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You can't protect them. You do more damage to them if you try.

Brilliant you are a great parent...we allowed ours to climb trees and ladders and build their own cubbyhouses with god forbid, hammers &nails and saws and drills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join