It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Delonge discussion thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Did I miss any references to 'NASA secrets' and the 'secret space program'? Any new stories offered along those lines?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I missed it if he did

AMA thread- just Tom's answers

Coast to Coast interview (Much better than the AMA)

Maybe alludes to it in his Sekret Machines book

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: richdoe

originally posted by: Miccey
Well, as i have read up on alot of AMA´s
i could have told you all this before it
started..

And for site owners and the ones booking
these ppl... I have a few requests:

Tell them, before they accept to be on that:

a) they will be pounded REEEEAlLY hard
b) they better HAVE the answers or they will
be ridiculed beyond belief, the ppl asking the
questions are NOT! stupid
c) When they reply, make the reply in QUOTES..
Its really hard to follow the topics/questions..

I agree with (c), quoting replies is a necessity in these types of threads. ATS should maybe email their guests with instructions on how to quote when replying.

And you obviously don't know that if you click on the member's name in the post (like in yours above where it says "originally posted by: richdoe" it will actually bring up the post that is being replied to.

There's you and dozens of others who don't know that. So maybe ATS need to email the members first with how this forum actually works?

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

It's all in the book Jim which can be bought from most good bookstores and probably a heap of crap ones as well. The cover says it is a fiction story and comes "from the imagination of Tom De Longe". So you'll have to guess what parts are actually true. Although that description on the cover makes it fairly obvious to to me!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

It's all in the book Jim which can be bought from most good bookstores and probably a heap of crap ones as well. The cover says it is a fiction story and comes "from the imagination of Tom De Longe". So you'll have to guess what parts are actually true. Although that description on the cover makes it fairly obvious to to me!

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Probably the best part of his thread was the fact he used this board function. I also cringe every time I see a wall of text in an AMA thread OR people posting multiple times?! Maybe the board doesnt offer much flexibility in this regard.

It would have been really helpful if SO collected the best questions(he could edit peoples paragraphs of text into a straight forward question, some people are so verbose, and they probably cant help themselves) from his announcement thread, and then Tom could have taken a day, a week, whatever and posted his answers. I can only assume real life got in the way of the AMA.

Based on the C2C and AMA thread, I will not be reading the book..

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

I did listen to the C2C show as George Knapp is usually a good host. However even on that show I felt it was all a 'set-up' by Tom to sell a science fiction story. Maybe he thinks it was clever marketing to reach an audience with the way he's promoted it? People did obviously buy his book before he even appeared on here. Although once he did he really couldn't be bothered to get into any sort of detail. In fact I think he believed his work was done before he even replied. Which was insulting to the members and to SO and Springer.

And yes, I agree, too many people felt the need to fawn over his music, write their 15 paragraph world view and sometimes even fail to ask a question at the end of their posts. I would hate to destroy the spontaneity of the AMA idea but it seems like the rules need to be changed and enforced as well.

Maybe it should be made clear that you have to write a question and one question only. Anything else will be deleted and ignored. Seems a bit draconian I know but unless you enforce rules people will break them.........

edit on 23/4/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I did listen to the C2C show as George Knapp is usually a good host.

Not sure you are thinking the same thing here, but I thought Knapp could have steered that conversation much better(Maybe Knapp got the answers he wanted though !). While I would have gone a different route, the main question was asked. Is he being duped like Linda Howe and others have been in the past? It really all comes down to whether he is really well connected or not. Not only could Tom not offer much on this question(trust me), it appears all his information is word of mouth, hes never actually seen anything himself.

In fact I think he believed his work was done before he even replied. Which was insulting to the members and to SO and Springer.

I think its weird he came back for a few more replies if this is the case. Still, he could have found some time IMO to drop in and finish up, even if a day or week later. However, to be honest, there is nothing else I really care to hear from him given the answers so far.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
"Cough , cough'' am i missing something here ? i'd just broken a record for most tickets sold for a tour in one day ..ever....
? im confused ...Love that you want to hear me talk about this stuff though ...cheers 👍

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chrisonabike

That's interesting the last post was 2016 its now 2020. LOL.

I am also confused.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I am also confused.

Just let him entertain you.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yes but...its 4 years later😉.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

You know how those musicians love to go digging in the crates.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

Yes
Hmmmmmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join