It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Delonge discussion thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

i was not impressed, when people start saying that you can telepathically call up aliens, that's there is the same kinda sh@@ geer does. write him off just trying to make a buck like the rest.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: schuyler

The book is listed as fiction. It states "from the imagination of Tom Delonge". He didn't even write it....he was just told

And yes I read it.

Then why did you say: "I will start by saying his assertions that why disclosure hasn't happened is because we are at war against the others or gods makes perfect since (sic) to me."

He never said anything about being at war with the gods.

And why did you say: "It's very possible that these others have interfered with murdered, raped, and pillaged mankind since as far back human history goes. Perhaps even further than that. "

when the book doesn't address that at all. At the very end it alluded to the idea that the aliens may be older than recent, but it NEVER said anything about them being warlike towards humans. The ONLY alien that appeared in the book at all was simply alluded to by Alan, the Harrier pilot, and that only in an indirect way.

As to this being an important topic, we have a whole forum on this site that has been talking about all this and more for a decade. The fact is this book brings absolutely nothing new to the table. It's 100% rehash with zero insight.

The book itself is filled with UFO memes anyone who has studied the field will recognize. All your favorites are here. Lazar’s “Sport Model” UFO: Check. Nazis in caves: Check. Nazis in South America: Check. Nazis in Antarctica: Check. Cigar-shaped UFOs: Check, The TR3B: It’s there. Triangles? You bet. Belgium Triangles: There, too. Operation Paperclip, Men in Black, Malmstrom AFB Oscar Flight, and Area 51. How could they not be? Reverse engineering, untearable aluminum foil, Roswell, and the Little A’Le Inn are there along with a huge, unexplained, rather odd TPTB money laundering scheme that leads to mysterious deaths of anyone who catches wind of it or anything close.

It’s obvious and stated that the purpose of the book is bring together facts as fiction. It’s as if someone made a list of all the most famous sightings in the last fifty years and tried to incorporate them all into a single book. But to anyone paying attention here, there isn’t anything actually new here. We’ve heard this all before.

The writing itself (which was not done by DeLonge) is competent, but a bit naïve, kind of like Tom Swift Jr. and his Ultrasonic Cycloplane. It won’t win any Nobels, nor Hugo or Nebula either, and it doesn’t hold your interest like a DaVinci Code or The Martian. I would place it just below a Sue Grafton mystery novel. It’s good for a read when you don’t want to work too hard. The characters are pretty wooden, though they do get angry once in awhile. The terrain descriptions are just filler. You’ll get through it in two hours max.

It has some very odd lapses of judgment. For example, one of the protagonists enlists in the US Navy just after the war as a seaman, but resigns his commission a few months later because he wants to track down the killer of his brother who has just been recruited into Paperclip. I hope I don’t have to explain what is wrong with that.

In another convoluted set of scenes one Bad Guy, Dubchek, kills a Good Guy, Morat, who is a CIA operative imprisoned in Afghanistan, and takes his place. He’s rescued by Americans, including a Marine Harrier pilot named Alan who is stymied in his defense of the rescuers by a UFO that zaps his weapons systems, so he is forced to resign in disgrace. Afterwards both Dubchek(Morat) and Alan travel to Area 51 and learn to fly UFOs. But wait! There’s more! In the midst of this Dubchek shows up in London on the Board of a multi-national money laundering corporation as a man named Letrange who takes a liking to the SJW daughter of the recently-suicided CEO, Jennifer, and reveals himself to her as an Interpol agent who has infiltrated the Board. He agrees to take her to safety in an old warehouse near Heathrow, where he tries to kill her. But she escapes to America, travels to Area 51, where she happens upon him as Morat having a beer at the Little A’Le Inn with Alan.

Whew! You still with me? I had to go back and double-check that one, but yes, Dubchek was in two places at once.

To the plot: There are several intertwined narratives, little novellas, really, that eventually weave together at the conclusion. The basic idea is first, that the Nazis were developing secret UFO technology, including anti-gravity propulsion, close to the end of World War Two. As the Allies closed in they tried to get their technology and people to Argentina and Antarctica, where they had established a secret base. There is no hint in the book that they did so off of alien technology. And no real hint that they survived since the Americans, under Admiral Byrd, shot down their only surviving craft and took everyone prisoner, some of whom wound up in Paperclip.

At the same time, aliens were crashing in places like Roswell. Both the Russians and the Americans got hold of this alien technology AND the Nazi technology and back engineered a number of UFO-type ships. These are the elusive TR3B’s. They also captured whole ships, like the Sports Model, that run on thoughts alone.

The result of all this is a couple of rag-tag UFO fleets who pick on each other, both in the atmosphere and in space. In the conclusion the Russians try to attack Area 51, but the ex-Marine Harrier pilot flying the Sports Model manages to take out the whole fleet, except Dubchek, who escapes in one of the American craft. There are various sub-plots going on here, some of which gave a really difficult time staying relevant to the narrative as a whole. The book ends with Alan having seen an alien in a very special ship, and threatens us with a dozen more books just like it.

When you listen to this pitch it has a very similar ring to what we’ve heard for decades about UFO Disclosure. The basic idea is this: There are a group of well-connected people who know what is really going on and have decided it’s time to circumvent all the secrecy and inform the public. They’re waiting for “the right time” to disclose. We heard this as far back as the fifties. Today we hear it from people like Steven Greer, who always reluctantly says he “wishes he could tell us, but just can’t” as he alludes to his secret knowledge from top officials “in the know.”

Tom is doing the same thing as he plugs himself right in the middle of this meme by saying the powers that be have chosen HIM to be the channel for disclosure, the first step of which is this book that, though it is written as fiction, is based on true events. All this is laid out in his preface which you, too, can read in e-book format for a mere $9.99 from Amazon, delivered directly to your android phone or Kindle.

edit on 4/13/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i was not impressed, when people start saying that you can telepathically call up aliens, that's there is the same kinda sh@@ greer does. write him off just trying to make a buck like the rest.

That's the deal. He is purportedly worth $60 million, which gives him a pass for some people. But he's thinking big. Compared to a billion, $60 million won't even buy you a decent Lear Jet.

DeLonge explained in 2014 that he was pondering a "plan B," whereby musical acts could monetize other aspects of their creative portfolio—posters, books, VIP tickets, limited-edition releases—given the challenges of contracts offered by major music companies and the emergence of file-sharing.
Link

Bobble head dolls are next.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Appreciate a review from the perspective of someone in the community.

Had a wade through some reviews online and it was mostly just 'exciting disclosure!!!11!!!!!!11!! base on f4cts!!11!!!!!'

Should consider making some book review threads. I'd read them.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i listened to the coast to coast interview and there he talks quite a lot about a war. he repeatedly says that we are at war. in that interview he says that humanity had been wiped out before but this time around humanity is prepared etc.

after the ama i skip the book - and wait what else he comes up with
edit on 13-4-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I appreciate that Tom is looking for the truth, but for me his answers lacked substance and provided no meat. I am not sure anything he says is true or that he knows anything the rest of us don't already know.

Did you listen to his coast2coast interview?

I agree, the AMA rather sucked. However, his Coast2Coast interview was one of the best I've ever heard , and I've been listening to coast for 15 years. I definitely believe him, and I look forward to the work he has to put out.

I don't blame people for not believing him. Hell, I don't blame people for not believing in Aliens, or alien contact with humanity. I don't even blame people for not believing UFOs zip around our skies, until they see one themself.

The truth is, I don't think Tom is doing this for the die hard skeptics. Ive followed his path in UFOlogy for a few years now, and he has a genuine interest in the topic. He's been studying this for well over a decade, like most of us. Does that make him more qualified then any of us? Of course not. I'm just stating he DOES have a passion for this.

What makes him qualified is that he took his fame and resources, and put them to good use in the field by making contacts with several 'advisors' as he calls them. People who have dealt directly with UFOs and ETs, including the 'general' who is basically the top of the line as far our military goes for dealing with these things.

Do you have to believe that? Of course not! I'm sure the idea is so silly to some of you, and that is perfectly fine! However, I certainly believe it. It all sounds very plausible, his presentation sounds good , and from what I can tell, he is ready for this to take his full attention, and be the next phase of his life's work.

We all have our own opinions
The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is when others somehow think their opinion holds more weight than everyone elses!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

For the second time in this thread I Have Not Read The Book. The assertions I have made come from the coast 2 coast am radio show.

On the c2c show he clearly states the General that gives him info said we are at war!!!!!#!!

The c2c show Tom clearly state this book is a apart of a series of books both fiction and non fiction.

Why did you quote something another member quoted another member saying?? And bring me into it????? Read and comprehend!!!

This is not a book discussion. The book is not in the title.

Watch the c2c interview and then comment on the guys actual words!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

While I enjoy and think its great what ATS does with the AMA threads and appreciate the efforts they put in to it. I can't say I was impressed with Mr. Delonge.

IMO it appeared to me that the post he made were kind of all over the place and not fully coherent. Not suggesting he was on anything , but maybe he made assumptions that we were up to speed on his conclusions and research?

It also came across to me that somebody was giving him information for some reason and he just took their word for it?

I saw nothing to back up his research or conclusions as to why he is credible on the subject matter? I can't imagine a fiction book would be a good source to change my mind on his credentials or research?

Also I found it strange how he indicated that he worked for years to get the info. Access to such info one doesn't just work and ask for it and receive it, even for a celebrity. I wonder if he truly hounded some people for years and they just told him what he wanted to hear just to make him go away or even to hang around him as he is a celebrity?

Over all I must say he was rather disappointing. As another poster said in the AMA thread the Jetsons dog @stro
provided a much more entertaining story with equal if not more evidence to support his credentials.

my .01 because Obama.
edit on 58430America/ChicagoWed, 13 Apr 2016 20:58:42 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I really do not like the AMA threads. There's simply too much going on and whenever I try to read one it feels claustrophobic from all the questions. I only got to where he started answering because by then I had lost track of who asked what.

I wish there was a better way to structure them without overwhelming the person on the "hot seat" and the people asking the questions.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

A friend who used to work with Greer in ER said he used to be a really bright and decent bloke--to lower ranking folks, patients, everyone. She thought he went a bit off the more immersed he became in the UFO stuff.

He did seem to drink the Kool-Aid.

On the other hand . . . what do we do with the thousands of reports of folks THINKING in their minds on seeing a UFO sometimes fairly far off--

'IF YOU ARE REAL--MOVE TO THE LEFT. NOW TO THE RIGHT" . . . and the thing complies virtually instantly.

If God can 'hear' silent prayers . . . can we say for absolutely certain that fallen angels canNOT 'hear' thoughts via some other dimensional comm channel?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

He purportedly offered them a proposal that they REALLY liked.

As I understood it . . . after or concurrent with patiently building a relationship over significant time with a few such--that was his meaty entree into their favor.

As to ATSer's being thrilled with anyone about more or less any topic . . .

uhhhhhhh I think it's easier for the camel to go through the eye of a needle. . . . rather unlikely to happen in this era, this dimension, this multi-verse.

I don't know of a more knee-jerk hostile environment for anyone to present anything in/to.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

For the second time in this thread I Have Not Read The Book. The assertions I have made come from the coast 2 coast am radio show.

Excuse me. I don't care whether you read the book or not. I have, and I'm reporting on it. If you thought I was responding to YOU, please get over it. I was responding to the OP, which ought to be apparent enough if you paid attention to whom I actually quoted. Hint: It wasn't you.

I'm discussing the book. And I'm saying it adds absolutely nothing to the field and is repetitive, full of cliches, and, for me, not particularly believable. Plus, technically speaking, it's not a very good book. I am NOT (repeat: NOT) going to pay money to listen to C2C. It's ephemeral. They want $6.95 a month for that drivel? Puhlease!

It's obvious from what DeLonge himself has said, in the (really sad) AMA as well as the preface to his book, that he believes what he has to say is revolutionary and sensational. But it isn't. It's the same old same old--repeated by a number of authors and "insiders" who have expressed exactly the same sentiment since the fifties. It's not new; it's not different.

So where does that leave us? I can think of several possibilities.

1. He actually believes he's on to something new and different, and despite his claim of UFO interest over the last decade or so, he really is naive in terms of what has happened and does not realize this is the same old stuff. After all, this is a sideline for him. He's got other stuff going, including a business empire that sells T-shirts. How familiar is he with the UFO phenomenon, really? How many books has he read on the subject? How many have you?

2. He's being played. People are playing along with his "pitches" and leading him down a rabbit hole for their own reasons, which are not "moving the ball down the field" as he claims. I'm reminded of the Bill Moore/Paul Bennewitz affair, for example. Hopefully, you know and understand what I'm talking about here.

3. He thinks he's the next Steven Spielberg, and this "franchise" is his ticket to even greater fame and fortune. I mean, the guy started out as a skateboard champion. He's done well, but maybe, in his eyes, the stars are the limit.

And, I really don't care if DeLonge is planning on making money off this deal. That's OK with me, but that doesn't mean it's not a motivation. So from my standpoint, you have a not-very-good-book (From a literary standpoint, trust me, it's laughable) purporting to be the anchor volume ("Sekret" Really????) for a wide-ranging multi-media "franchise" that's going to change the world.

And THAT is delusional.

edit on 4/13/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The being 'at war' aspect is one that discerning folks have picked up on long ago.

We just don't know where the disinformation and truth begin and end.

We don't know the dimensions, boundaries, goals, implications, repercussions, purposes etc. etc. of such a war.

Many of my values co-horts see Armageddon as the concluding battle of said war.

. . . though the current dynamics and skirmishes do not seem to be cast in that kind of dynamic or context. I don't think it would take a great change for that . . . dynamic to become manifest.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You may well have a point that he's being led down the yellow brick road.

But it's not the first time the oligarchy has done so . . . not even on this subject matter.

I do not think things are being shared with him as straight-forwardly as he thinks they are--certainly not 100% so.

Delusional? . . . I do think his degree of smug pride is a great hazard to him and to his filter weighing what's true and untrue.

It is not too great a stretch that they have given him the picture, promise, perspective that they will make him, are making him the founding genius of the next major paradigm shift in global understanding of this long standing dramatic topic. They certainly have the power to do that given their near absolute control of all the media, propaganda, educational and governmental outlets and puppet strings.

They certainly need someone in that role. Perhaps they HAVE picked him. And, if he's truly a member of one of the 'secret clubs' calling the shots . . . all the better, easier.

I think he sees himself as doing a great service to mankind and to the USA etc. etc. etc.

While, in fact, he is likely merely another key stooge in a looming VERY complex game, manipulation, delusion to enslave the planet.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Was the 'war with the gods' thing implied?

I don't recall. There was something about that in there, IIRC.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

People.. pay to listen to C2C?

Color me baffled. I just go to YouTube.

I thought the AMA wasn't so great. The issue in trying to discuss it further is that, seemingly, it has all been discussed before (literally).

But, if he has actual connections, something pertinent might slip out. That would probably require a bit more than what was given though.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Boxian, Praise the Lord! I agree with you and you with me.

Fireworks!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I am the op.

You quoted a post by another member replying to a post from another member.

Then you wrote 2 paragraphs from my opening op.

Search YouTube:
Coast 2 coast am March 27 2016 government ufo revelation

To watch free

I have no problem with discussion on his book, it is a work of fiction. Tom does say this book is in a series of books he is going to release that are both fiction and non fiction and they will be connected in some way.

1 His book is fiction so not much to comment on without speculation.

2 His AMA contained next to nothing to discuss.

3 The YouTube video of his c2c video was the best ufo video I have ever listener too
edit on 13-4-2016 by LDragonFire because: Zues order me too

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grayghost

I think he told us what he knows, which is other people (supposedly high ranking military) have told him the ET presence is real. Crashes have happened, we are reverse engineering, and abductions are real. Maybe I missed something, but it sounds like it has all been word of mouth, hes never seen anything himself.

Personally, I dont see why the govt would disclose at this point, do they really want to admit people are being abducted... Start sleeping with one eye open? Status quo seems to be working well. If it does happen, I can only assume there has been a changing of the guard somewhere at the top.

It would be interesting to know Springer's and SO's opinion, I presume they are still on the skeptical side of the fence, but since they know him personally, maybe their opinion has changed?

Given the AMA... not sure how he could have ever written a book. Had to have some help, he could have done the whole thing in a page Im sure.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I have not read the book, nor do I wish to lead anything. I wish to discuss the topic. I saw no discussion threads so i started this thread.

What I'm posting on comes from the mouth of Mr Delonge from his C2C interviews. Have you listened to the onterview? I would guess not or you would know this series will include both fiction and non-fiction.

Did you use the search function? The little magnifying glass thingy at the top of the page?

Here's a link to it: ATS Search Page

Just type in Tom Delonge and then press enter.

I did just that and found a search for "Tom Delonge" reveals several different threads! Some about his AMA, some about his C2C interview, some about him and Blink 182, etc.

Sorry, but enough with this Tom Delonge. I'd rather spend time reading an OP by Isaackoi or one of our other incredibly awesome members and researchers.

At least they seem to put a modicum of effort and detail into what they're presenting to us. The guy was/is a musician, who hit it big, and is now a published author of a fictional book about UFOs and aliens. After his lackluster AMA, I don't get what the fuss is about, honestly.

I'll probably get flamed a bit here but...Back before Steven Greer turned into the weird dude he is today, he did the first disclosure meetings at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. I think this was late 90's early 00's but he had some rather interesting folks there disclosing their experiences.

Here's a link: Original Disclosure Project (2001)

Many were decorated veterans with a lot to lose. For Delonge to pretty much totally dismiss Greer as "not correct" seems unprofessional and disrespectful, especially for someone so "new" to the scene. It is a pretty small circle, after all.

Here is a link to his statement regarding Greer and Bassett. Link

Idk, I just don't think it is very respectable to step on the toes of folks who've done their own fair share of work on the subject. But, who knows if ANY of them know their a$$ from their elbow, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join