It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Expert: 50,000 sq. miles of Japan contaminated…Many millions need evacuation…

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Profusion

It is a 'zone' that will continue to spread over time and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Because their is no cleaning stuff up thats smaller than atoms, the 'half-life' of some of these fission by products are long lived (thousands of years in some cases) and the natural systems of earths biosphere (wind, wave, erosion and biological) is designed to spread nutrients (and toxins) around to sustain life. Which accumulates them incorporating whatever elements (stable or not) into our own internal systems.

Don't you believe in evolution ?

According to "evolution" nature finds a way to live in EVERY environment.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Seem this is the time to invest in radioprotectant. And keep a little stock of them.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gator2001
a reply to: Naabaahii

Damn! How do you really feel?

A Filipino is from the Philippines. I only bring that up because it is part of my response to the topic. Not the grammar police, here.

I currently live in the Philippines and one thing I have worried about is if that radiation could be have contaminated the ocean and the fish I eat. I don't know exactly where the Filipino fishers catch all of their fish. Japan isn't terribly far away, though.

I live in the Philippines also,when I saw the radiation map from Japan it was all going East towards California,I live in Negros Oriental and wondered myself about radiation issues with the fish.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
Seem this is the time to invest in radioprotectant. And keep a little stock of them.

Lol, can you link the product?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO
Watch the video in here, the part about the butterfly study shows that species degrade and decay from exposure, not 'evolve'.

Vice

edit on 15-4-2016 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There exist a couples. One of the most potent is probably C60oo, and you can make it in your kitchen. However very experimental, if you grow a third harm after taking it, don't blame me for the sugestion. Google is your friend.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

There exist a couples. One of the most potent is probably C60oo, and you can make it in your kitchen. However very experimental, if you grow a third harm after taking it, don't blame me for the sugestion. Google is your friend.

Google is full of quackery , too. Nothing lessens the impact of ionizing radiation except decay over time.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Google is full of quackery , too. Nothing lessens the impact of ionizing radiation except decay over time.

Yes it is true ionizing radiation cannot be neutered and only time will make it decay, but you shall read a little on the effect on a biological cell! Radiation produce two effect on a cell, first direct damage to DNA, we cannot do much against it, but the other 50% damage is caused by effect of radiation on water inside cell, it cause production of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS). That is the mechanism used in radiotherapy. C60 being a catalytic non-consumeable anti-oxidant greatly help for this part. There exist serious study on the radioprotectant properties of C60.

You shall not disregard radioprotectant as quackery, it is serious stuff and used in the medical field.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

You shall not disregard radioprotectant as quackery, it is serious stuff and used in the medical field.

Granted. However, fission by products from nuclear meltdowns are not used in medicine.

Heres a radio graph of the damage path caused by an alpha emitter…

Source

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

fission by products from nuclear meltdowns are not used in medicine.

No, iodine-131, 123 , 124 & 125 are used in medical application. Destroying disfunctional thyroid tissues use I-131.

In addition to commercial production, 131I (half-life 8 days) is one of the common radioactive fission-products of nuclear fission, and is thus produced inadvertently in very large amounts inside nuclear reactors.

The effect of ionizing radiation on water is more or less the same, production of ROS that will overwhelm internal cell cleaning, and then do fatal damage to the cell. A potent anti-oxidant can help greatly, but as said before, DNA damage is another story.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

No, iodine-131, 123 , 124 & 125 are used in medical application. Destroying dysfunctional thyroid tissues use I-131.

Those are short lived radioactive sources, specifically designed for medicine, (correction: only the smallest portion of these early on was emitted at Fukushima)

They are given to patients who may be dying from cancers anyway, the benefits of their use outweighing the potential harm.

Nothing is beneficial about bioaccumulation of long lived radioactive material from Fuku into the bone and connective tissues of humans, around the world.

but as said before, DNA damage is another story.

Especially long lived alpha emitters.
edit on 15-4-2016 by intrptr because: correction

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I'd be ok with taking in Japanese refugees...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Fukushima Radiation Hysteria Fabricated and Unfounded

educate-yourself.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GaryN

You do realize educate-yourself.org also claims man made global warming/climate change is bogus.

To put it another way your link is bunk.

Fukushima continues to leak radiation. From from I understand this is a much bigger problem than Chernobyl, and we will likely not have it contained in our lifetime.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

You do realize educate-yourself.org also claims man made global warming/climate change is bogus.

Global warming is bogus too. If you can not see that the PTB use fearmongering to promote their agenda and make themselves rich in the process, then they really have won. I thought ATS members were supposed to be able to see through the deceptions, but seems like most lap them up. Be scared people, but not of a little bit of radiation or slightly warmer weather, but of those who see us all as less than cattle.
And the Japanese are a funny bunch, they worry about Fukushima, but still flock to their radon hot springs!

March 11, One Year On: Radium Hot Springs Still in Demand
blogs.wsj.com...

Cancer Mortality Survey in a Spa Area (Misasa, Japan) with a High Radon Background
www.radiation-hormesis.com...

edit on 15-4-2016 by GaryN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

My kinda thought exactly.....we (hoomans) have done some #f stuff to one another....period.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: Misterlondon

Show me a nuclear facility that isn't built near a source of water, they need water for cooling and it's much more cost efficient and reliable to build near to water than have to pump the water from miles away.

They (USmil) closed funding on HP salt reactors when they were in late R&D phases. Thorium never got its chance either, and Windscale screwed over air cooling. Not many more options other than fusion. I could show you several military and research reactors away from water, power plants are exclusively HPWater cooled however.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Why add anything by David icke? You say yes kosher but the video shows how clearly he's wrong on so many things he speaks of.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join