It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best AMA that ATS has ever had?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I enjoyed George Knapp's impromptu visit one Sunday. He spent about an hour online in a Bob Lazar thread and those of us who were on ATS at the time were allowed to have a good ole chat with George without anyone else realizing he had popped in.

He also did a main AMA : My name is George Knapp and for 30 years, I've been an investigative reporter. Ask me anything.

I can't remember anything about it!

On the whole AMA idea I think there are a number of issues that need to be overcome. Tom DeLonge's AMA was possibly the worst one I've seen. (I haven't seen them all because some of them pass me by). He gave cursory answers and bailed without offering much at all. Giving the impression he couldn't really be bothered (all my opinion) and thought he would just be able to promote his 'fictional' books. However there were also 'problems' caused by certain members.

I think a lot of work and preparation has to be put into these threads by the owners and the payback for the guests is that they get to promote or market something. For us members it's a bit of entertainment. But alas some people think they are going to get the answer to life, the universe and everything and keep pursuing it.

Some people need to be educated in how to ask a question. Not ramble on for 3 paragraphs about how much you love the guests, work followed by the way you see things in the world for another 5 paragraphs and a question that turns into a dozen questions. Worse still some people post walls of text and don't even have a question. No wonder they don't get an answer!

ATS also needs to make it clear that when guests (or anyone) is replying there is no need to use the quote button just click on the name of the person they are replying to and they can view the original question. How many members don't know that?

WHOOPS that nearly turned into full on rant

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Yep
Knapp is a gentleman and always good for a natter

<< 1   >>

join