It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Players So ‘Upset and Distraught’ Over Chants That They ‘Weren’t Able to Finish the Game’

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Teenage girls aren't supposed to be tough. They've been historically treated as "delicate flowers," emotional innocents to be protected by the harder, big and burly men. In our culture, girls are supposed to cry, and men are supposed to shield them from cruelty, including foul language or "mean words." They weren't having a good time when the crowd was berating them, so they decided they didn't want to play anymore, on account of their feelings being hurt.

Good. I'm glad they're still sensitive, feeling beings like they're supposed to be. Leave the traditional "hard" and monstrous psychopathy to those narcissistic males who would frown upon and judge the tender hearts of girls. That's not to compare the male psyche to those characteristics, but only a specific breed of male. A real man, a strong man, is someone resembling characters depicted by people like John Wayne. Wayne knew how to treat girls appropriately, and how to treat a lady like a lady. He didn't attack them for being "cry babies" from the safety of the internet. He protected them, and appreciated them, while commanding the respect of everyone around him.

So, while you would've been criticizing those "snowflakes" for being "crybabies," Wayne wouldn't have hesitated for an instant to shut up their hecklers, because that's what real men do. I shutter to think of how some of you would respond to a scenario in which a woman was being abused, because I already see how you respond to a girl being mistreated.

Observe how a real man responds to the mistreatment of teenage girls:

edit on 15-4-2016 by Navarro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

You're right. Im injecting my personal dislike of our president into a conversation that really has nothng to do with him.

Even worse, you and I agree and it looks completely the opposite (that it was the officials and coaches job to intervene and put a stop to the crap so the game could go on without players being harassed).

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Navarro

I don't know. I would have taken it as a point of pride to go out and kick the crap out of that team to shove it up the you-know-where of the crowd. I say that as a former teenage girl who felt that way even then.

The thing about competitive spirit is that it's as close to fighting spirit as you get without actually fighting. Or at least it was for me.

You wanna tell me I have no business being on the same track with you because I'm white and you're black? Fine. I'll kick your @ss and prove how wrong you are.

But maybe that's the difference between how I channel being bullied and how kids these days channel it.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I understand your position, and I think it's great that you're able to respond well to adversity where others would've been emotionally traumatized. Everyone isn't like that though. Some people are sensitive, and there's nothing wrong with it. We're not all destined to be fighters built of stern stuff, and we needn't judge those who aren't, because just as they lack qualities which we possess, we lack positive attributes which they hold. I'm grateful that our world involves sufficient diversity that emotionally sensitive individuals like Albert Einstein or Nicole Kidman were allowed to be. Their compassion, their empathy, their creativity are assets to humanity as a whole, and also to friends and lovers as individuals. To think there's something wrong with those teenage girls is itself wrong. People needn't change to be more like you and I, as I'd hate a world where sweet, loving girls were no more. Furthermore, to assault their sensitivity in response their being verbally attacked, is to attack them ourselves - to bully them ourselves, even if only indirectly. There's no honor in that.

We're not all the same, and we needn't be. There's nothing wrong with those little girls for having their feelings hurt. I'm glad they're the way they are. I regret that the average individual wouldn't make any effort to protect those sensitive girls, but would instead either do nothing, or join in. That's malevolence, be it through action or inaction. I have a lot more respect for those teenage girls than I have for those who allowed them to suffer, or who would have contributed to the suffering of those "snowflakes" had they been there.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
oops wrong thread..

edit on 15-4-2016 by FullBloodedNative because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You're right. Im injecting my personal dislike of our president into a conversation that really has nothng to do with him.

Even worse, you and I agree and it looks completely the opposite (that it was the officials and coaches job to intervene and put a stop to the crap so the game could go on without players being harassed).

Well you did it there Tex..Now I have to confess my misplaced rage...

I don't like Donald Trump. I don't like what he has brought out in my country..a country I very much love...

I know Elkhorn Wisc. where this took place. I live about 45 minutes away and have driven through it many a time, stopped for dinner on occasion after leaving Lake Geneva and Heading to Eagle River. I love the small town feel, just like dozens of other small Wisconsin towns I have frequented. I am mad that I have to know with that those small towns harbor both things I love and things I abhor. I love blue collar American grit...It is my roots, my truth, my family. Some of the smartest, most honest, loving and trustworthy people I have known in my life are small-town farmers, mechanics, plumbers, craftsman etc. I know a guy in the UP of Michigan in a small town that essentially runs an Apple store out of his garage repairing iPhones and iPads..cuz the nearest iPhone store is 4 hours drive....I have hunted wild pigs in NC with an automatic rifle with x-military, life long friends that pretty much live in the woods. I love them like brothers. I don't like Trump..I don't like racism...I don't like BS...I love this country deeply, both north and south...back-woods to the suburbs to the cities..SF and Atlanta..black, white, yellow and everything in between...And when I read this story I thought about that diner in Elkhorn, where this happened...and I knew...yep...parents watched on, maybe just a little proud or amused while their kids chanted at the Latino-AMERICAN teenage girls..."Trump, Build That Wall" and "Go back to your own country!"...It pushed a button..I am tired Tex...I have no patience for the BS...I am not some northern, self-righteouse liberal judging from some soap-box...I am angry because of the taint that this revived racism and intolerance has left on the culture and country I love. Eff Trump..and the worst in us that he appeals to...He is betting on the worst of what this country is...and I am just pained and pissed-off that his bet was more successful than I expected.

That's it...Sorry for taking out all that rage here in this thread. I will watch Trump fail with some relief..but I will have to reconcile my love of this country with how many rose to support him....and the knowledge that those small towns I love have some parents teaching their children to do think the way these children did....I knew it before..just liked pretending otherwise.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Now #Trump2016 is racist? WTF is wrong with people?

Donald Trump is not a racist...he only pretends to be because he thinks it will get him elected...that said, what does that say about you and his adoring followers?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Its easier to just accept that people have prejudice, and they often don't really act on it because they also have guilt. Its human nature, even if we don't like it. Obviously it varies from person to person, likely mostly based on a mix of insight and experience.

Donald Trump looks like a canned ham with hair. Not that his ridiculous physical appearance has anything to do with it. I don't like him aside from that. Its just an observation.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Donald Trump looks like a canned ham with hair. Not that his ridiculous physical appearance has anything to do with it.

I would propose it is not just superficial..He acts liked a canned ham with hair as well.

Good on you Tex..We will both survive Trump and worse before we meet our maker and hopefully be able to laugh about it one day.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Its easier to just accept that people have prejudice, and they often don't really act on it because they also have guilt. Its human nature, even if we don't like it. Obviously it varies from person to person, likely mostly based on a mix of insight and experience.

I am a mix of a lot of things..I have natural prejudice, like everyone...you are BSing if you claim otherwise, but my aversion to racism does not originate in guilt, but rather a pursuit of honesty....Objectively, in everything that is important in life, race is inconsequential to who we are...we might react to financial circumstances, to upbringing etc...but at our core skin color? Language? ethnicity?...we are all the same in the ways that matter, just different paths and choices..

So yes, I confront my own prejudice, but never from a guilty place...white guilt is nonsense...but rather from a place of cut the BS...see the truth..
edit on 17-4-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join