It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Awesome ... Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence (cover)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I have complex algorithm which simulates feelings.

It was null.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Did you listen to the whole song? LOL
It's ok, we all have our own personal tastes when it comes to music.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I heard it before I ever saw this thread, tbh.

I prefer the original.

I like some Disturbed songs but some are total crap as well.

I did enjoy Killswitch Engage version of Dio's Holy Diver

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

edit on 13-4-2016 by Bybyots because: Good Lord! Sorry!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I did enjoy Killswitch Engage version of Dio's Holy Diver

Oh that sounds interesting. I love Dio! I haven't heard the killswitch version of Holy Diver though. I'll have to go look that up.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I heard this a few weeks ago and had to get everyone in the family to listen. Epic is a good word to describe it. Very powerful voice, and it made the song something else. I am glad others felt it as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I can't stand your opinion of my opinion

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Man, don't get me wrong--I appreciate it, but I still can't stand it.

I appreciate the Dada art movement for what it was, but I can't stand it.

I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree--I appreciate most art for what it is, even if I dislike what it is.

If you were to look on my phone, you'd find music from Smetana, The Doors, Bob Marley, Streetlight Manifesto, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Johnny Cash, Imelda May, Hendrix, CCR, NOFX, Eminem, Metallica, The Temptations, Louis Armstrong, Scott Joplin, Tupac, Bell Biv Devoe, Pantera, System of a Down, etc., etc. The last thing that I need is a lesson on enjoying a diversity in music.

But it's okay if I don't like this particular version of this song. No harm, no foul. I'm glad that you do like it...there's music for everyone out there, this just doesn't tickle my auricular fancy.

edit on 13-4-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I listened to Simon and Garfunkel when I was in school.This man's voice
is amazing I had goosebumps on my arms listening to this video.I loved
this new version thank-you for bringing it to my attention.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I listened to it again.

It's his voice. I've always hated his heavy-tongued pronunciation of things. The accompanying music is fine.

When he really lets loose, though, it's okay, but the first few minutes of the song ruin it for me and make in unlistenable.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

That's a fair comment

Forgive me if I rubbed you up the wrong way, that wasn't my intent. If we all liked the same it'd be boring website.
I thought you'd have an eclectic taste in music and wasn't disappointed. We like a lot of the same stuff, but if you can't stand a voice, you can't stand a voice.

I have singers that just rub me up the wrong way, nothing wrong with the song if sung exactly the same way by someone else but please not them.

Respect

Cody

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Music for the soul? Im going to have to disagree detesting it.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Holy crap, I love it. Is it strange that the way he sang it was so powerful I got a tear in my eye?
Music dose that to me at times if it's powerful enough not really sure why.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

Did the same to me too mate , the power he puts into the lines
"And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made."
Stirred emotions in me , I think that part has more resonance today than when Paul Simon wrote it all those years ago and is well emphasised in this version.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That's the line that really made me sit up and take notice, that and "The words of the prophet are written on subway walls and tenement halls" Never heard that line sung so well.

Cody

ETA: Just watched the video in full screen for the first time, WOW gives the song even more power

edit on 14/4/16 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Lichter daraus

Did the same to me too mate , the power he puts into the lines
"And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made."
Stirred emotions in me , I think that part has more resonance today than when Paul Simon wrote it all those years ago and is well emphasised in this version.

Omg, yes so many verses rang so true.that song resonates with me I think I'm gonna try my hand at covering it. I gotta feel what is like to sing that song.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Paul Simon has heard the cover and e-mailed David Draiman to tell him so.

Paul Simon has heard Disturbed‘s cover of his Simon & Garfunkel classic “The Sound of Silence” — and he enjoyed it enough to reach out to singer David Draiman and tell him so.

Draiman shared word of his interaction with Simon after the band delivered a performance of “The Sound of Silence” during its March 28 appearance on Conan. Simon saw the show and sent Draiman an email shortly after, saying, “Really powerful performance on Conan the other day. First time I’d seen you do it live. Nice. Thanks.

Also...

Not content to reach out privately, Simon signed off on a post through his own social media accounts, directing fans to footage of the Conan performance (which you can check out above) and calling it a “wonderful rendition.” In case you missed it, Disturbed did a wonderful rendition of “The Sound of Silence” on Conan this week. The S&G cover
ultimateclassicrock.com...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I've been thinking about this

I'd love to hear them do a rendition of Jeff Buckley's hallelujah, that would be interesting !!!!

Cody

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join