It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Awesome ... Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence (cover)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Heard this for the first time on the radio this morning and was so taken by it I felt the need to post it here for anyone else who hasn't heard it.
While Simon and Garfunkel’s Masterpiece stands on its own as the original version Disturbed's version and more especially David Draiman's powerful vocals sets it apart from other covers of the song and gives new life to an old song.
This will grab your heart , music for the soul.

Interview with David Draiman on the decision to cover the song and his feelings on it.

Live version performend on Connan

edit on 12-4-2016 by gortex because: edit to add video

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Heard this at a bar the other day, expected to HATE it but was pleasantly surprised by their take on the song.

edit on 12-4-2016 by Bennyzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Wow I wasn't expecting that

Haunting to say the least, music that goes straight to your soul, one for the Ipod

Thanks for turning me on to this Gortex............................No, many thanks

Cody

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Agreed!

Fantastic!

His voice is just hypnotic to my soul!

TY

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Hey cody , I heard it on the radio in my truck so the audio wasn't the greatest but even so it grabbed me , when I got home I put the headphones on and gave it another listen and think it's better than I originally thought.
Aint music great.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The visuals are gorgeous and awe inspiring. The vocals..especially in the beginning, remind me of my buddy Carl singing along to the song near last call at Checkers after putting away a 5th of Crown. Sorry for the downer.

s&F

edit on 12-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yeah ................. Great doesn't begin to describe it, it the soundtrack to my life, my memories, my future even.

I just listened to it 3 times and every time I get a better idea of the subtleness of the music behind that incredible voice, the echo at the end just sent shivers down my spine after the way they built the song to a crescendo. A very nice touch.

Cody

edit on 12/4/16 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That's a mighty effort, I can get the highs, but they don't sound like that!......Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'll be the outlier and say that I can't STAND this version. At all.

But that's why there are different genres of music, I guess. I don't have to like what you all like.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don't think it's a case of genres but of different tastes in music , some are more eclectic while others more defined.
There is no right or wrong , no good or bad , music is in the ear of the listener , another beauty music provides.

I think it's a bit harsh saying you can't stand it but if that's your opinion then you are perfectly entitled to it .... as wrong as it may be.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm an old Simon and Garfunkle fan and disturbed version blew me away. The emotion is raw!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I'll be the outlier and say that I can't STAND this version. At all.

But that's why there are different genres of music, I guess. I don't have to like what you all like.

For me I find it most interesting when music crosses those boundaries you create and call genres, I like most music from Mozart to Motorhead, and from ABBA to Zappa I can generally find something I like. Occasionally I get the need to download something for my ever growing driving list on my Ipod.

Rest assured there is no Bieber on it, but this song just got put straight on.

If you don't appreciate the artistry of the way this version has been put together (Even if you hate the version) with respect you need an education in music...........................Just my opinion as you hating it is just yours

Cody

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nope...no way...doesn't work.
This guy is just plain creepy! The voice out of a Turmp vid.
Old school boys did it, sang it and lived it...soooo much better.
Cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Jesus, Gorty you're one bad git. I only went to listen to the interview just now and I had the volume up high, my whisky went all over the place as I near # a brick!
edit on 12-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text....still shakkkkkinggggg.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think that's just an excuse to pour anther one mate.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Epic... I don't know why but the score reminds me of the: War of the Worlds LP.
I'm sure I can hear chords from Jeff Wayne's "Forever Autumn" track.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Jesus, Gorty you're one bad git. I only went to listen to the interview just now and I had the volume up high, my whisky went all over the place as I near # a brick!

Make mine a large one Smurfy

And make sure it's Whiskey NOT Whisky

Attempting the same excuse on the wife in 3..................2.........................1

Cody

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an

Damn now I've got to listen again

I was saving that

Cody

ETA: Sound of silence is basically Am,G, F and C

Forever autumn is similar with Bb Dm thrown in, it's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the basics

Cody

edit on 12/4/16 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thank you! I love Disturbed and I think this just became my favorite song by them! Time to go an download some music

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

originally posted by: Hex1an

Damn now I've got to listen again

I was saving that

Cody

ETA: Sound of silence is basically Am,G, F and C

Forever autumn is similar with Bb Dm thrown in, it's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the basics

Cody

Yeah... There it is @ 2:27.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join