It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you stand to watch videos or view pictures of death?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK I won't go near Saw, but a friend of mine that has no problem watching gore, told me the story line... so my curiosity was satisfied that way.
Even hearing of a gruesome true story, bothers me for a time.
I have always been uncomfortable with harm being done in any way to a being, even goldfish or bugs. When I was a kid a mean neighbor tried to get me to stomp on her goldfish to put it out of it's misery and then got mad at me for being unable to do it... I think the root of the problem was with her dumping it out on the sidewalk in the first place.

If the world somehow went apocalyptic and people had to hunt for survival, I would want to know the quickest and most simplest way to hunt a deer and would learn how to dress it... I believe in the simplest natural order of life and death, anything for kicks, I find to be some sort of mental sickness. Crimes of passion and revenge make more sense to me than some weird mutilation stuff or the like.... I'm ok with most of Quentin Tarantino's movies simply because the fiction is many times based on revenge... not always.
Thank you for replying to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Its so strange that I happened upon this thread today.

TODAY I saw a dead body (outside of a funeral home) for the first time in the entirety of my life. I had stepped out of my construction site for a moment to get away from the noise to make a phone call and noticed a park ranger standing next to her SUV with the lights flashing and a single line of "caution" tape stretched between a few trees. My assumption was that a light pole had shorted our or the electrical panel that I knew was right there had some issues. What I didn't realize was that I happened to walk over there RIGHT AFTER she discovered a body partially submerged in the low tide mud of the river and BEFORE the police and ambulances arrived.

It took my mind a few moments to comprehend what I saw. It's as if, maybe as a defensive mechanism, my brain tried to convince itself that I was looking at a log or some flotsam/jetsam. Once I realized what I was seeing I sort of froze for a moment. The strange part is I didn't really have any emotional response at first. I was essentially in disbelief (I think). I stood there, staring, for what I guess is 30 seconds before I walked away but the image was burned into my brain. In my brain I knew what I was looking at but in my mind I kept expecting this guy to move and get up and walk away.

As I started to think about it a few thoughts came to me.

1) Who IS this guy? How did he end up here?

2) Somewhere, is somebody looking for him? Is there a wife worried that her husband didn't come home last night? Is there a kid somewhere waiting for daddy? (I checked the news a few hours ago and turns out its the worst case... single dad and now his little kid has no parent anymore).

3) Laugh or poke fun if you want, but my next thought was "Damn I'm glad I keep my life insurance payments up to date!"

4) Off and on the rest of the day I would think about that person lying there, face down in the muck. Even though the "spirit" was long gone from the body, I was so disturbed seeing a person lying there like that. I don't know why but the position of the body and the sneakers bothered me. It wasn't like in the movies where the body is all contorted. It was in a position that (if it were cleaned up and put on a couch) you would think is just someone that fell asleep after eating too much Taco Bell.

Note: After a while I did go back and took a photo with my work issued phone because on the business side of things, even though this didn't happen on my site I've learned that you never know what happens down the line. I will admit I have looked at the photo twice since this morning and I'm not sure why. (I thought about posting the picture but A) I never bothered to learn how to post a pic here and B) I'm not sure if that will get me booted from this site.

Note 2: I'm not in law enforcement and I know it takes time to assemble the proper crew and to get the right investigators there but it took quite a while before the body was removed from the river. I remember thinking that the tide may come back in before they move this guy.

Note 3: In general I'm a supporter of Law Enforcement and I do acknowledge that most of the guys that showed up have seen this and worse a MILLION times before so they have to be desensitized by it all.... but I found it odd, hearing them talk on the other side of my temporary construction fence... about this/that/the other thing and joke around while that dead guy was there in the mud. Again, they do this EVERY day and at no point did they make jokes about the body. I just found it one extra layer of the Odd-Cake that was this whole experience.

Edit to Add: To answer your actual question... I tend to avoid pictures of death because I worry about it enough already for myself and for my loved ones.

edit on 13-4-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Holy cow! That is a crazy story. Weird coincidence too! Thanks for putting that here. That's a trip that you just happened to be there right at that time.

I saw a dead body 11 years ago in Tijuana Mexico. I think he overdosed on something.

We were walking towards the border, back to San Diego and this man was just laying there face down on the sidewalk. I tried to see if he was breathing I didn't see anything.

There were six or so Mexican police just chilling standing around him. I remember they were all chatting and joking around like they were standing around a water cooler. No urgency for medical attention, no he was gone.

I was stoked to get outta there.

edit on 13-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
I agree crimes of passion make more sense.

It's not the blood that can be disturbing. It's the emotions behind it and the reasoning.

I could kill a child or woman killer in the most gruesome fashion I'm m pretty sure
edit on 16-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm the same way with animals too.

I save bugs and stuff.
edit on 16-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK Thinking about it, I can watch a bloody movie scene if it is against some sort of scumbag and the victim or the good guy is able to overpower the scumbag. If a bad guy is doing violence and winning, it's harder to watch.

Most bugs deserve a chance, I can't seem to sympathize with fleas, ticks and mosquitoes... but spiders, roley poleys and a number of other little insects, I never harm.😊

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You're right. I despise mosquitos and show no remorse upon squashing them they're jerks .
edit on 19-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
disturbing images are nothing for me, i been looking at them since i got my first computer, since i was 8 or so, my uncle showed me this site called thats#edup.com or something similiar when i was 8 or so and i remember i got right sick i was almost about to faint, but i got used to them after awhile. there are sites dedicated to this type of thing, when thats#edup.com got shut down a reincarnation was made it was really cool it was just like ats but with death everywhere,there were a few different sites, people on the ground with their head smashed open or people bloaded up from taking pills it was nasty but it was all out there, on the regular web, can you imagine whats on the dark web? i believe redrooms are real. the point of this rant is that people are to coddled now, we are so used to not having to cut open anyhing for our meals people are so desensitised its a bad habbit to get into, the goal of the nwo was to make us weak to destroy us and they are succeeding, i havnt read all of this thread but i bet some of you say we need more restrictions on the internet to get rid of videos like 3 guys 1 hammer or 2 guys 1 horse ( dudes has sex with a horse then dies after ) to that ii say shame on you, death is a part of life, why dont you worry about the kids instead of destroying our rights, take a look at columbine and the death ed # thats going on there, even on a site whos modo is deny ignorance you cant have a picture of a dead body even though most of us are adults and the kids they can do worse in grand theft auto games, they can # hookers and and run around beating people with a dildo but we cant have a video of a dildo going into space because it might offend someone, grow up you idiots., i love you all

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

You're right. I despise mosquitos and show no remorse upon squashing them they're jerks .
lol! You got that right! Mosquitoes are total jerks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join