It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Rally & Speech at SUNY Buffalo 4/11/16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
My housemate took the video. I was not well and couldn't go
There was a several hour wait to get in, in the cold rain and I didn't think I could live through. But I am providing the video he took

In the beginning, the opening speaker states they were at the Union Hall by the airport in the morning where Verizon workers decided to strike starting at 4am Wednesday morning over many reasons, but especially over Verizon not laying more fiber optic cable or investing in the Buffalo area and instead offering to buy Yahoo for billions.

There were nearly 12,000 people in attendance, about 8,000 inside and 3,000 + outside.

edit on 12-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Well, my housemate informs me the video, within minutes of posting on Youtube was pulled for copywrite infringement. Of what, I am not sure, it is his video, you can hear him loudly yelling "Woooooo". I am going to re do this when he fixes it or posts other than youtube. He is doing it now. had I not refreshed this page, to check, the video would have finished.

I hope mods can hold this spot for me. It is a 1 hour + video. He is still awake and figuring out where to host it. Otherwise, I can do the post over again.

Here is one from someone else. It is not as good as what I tried to post, it certainly doesn't show the packed 8,000 inside, but it has the speech which is very good.

WIVB Channel 4 Buffalo Article

From the morning hours to the late evening, an estimated 12,000 people could be seen wrapping around UB’s football stadium and multiple campus buildings.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Bernie must not want you to have this for free.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: reldra

Bernie must not want you to have this for free.

lOL, it don't think it is the Sanders campaign. It might have to do with the logo "Buffalo For Bernie", my housemate has permission to use that, but I suppose youtube wants proof.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I am really moved by the showing. This takes place in Alumni Arena The page states a capacity of 6,100, so every seat was taken + floor area to have 8,000 inside. Another 3,000+ watched from outside. Some waited since noon, doors opened at 4pm and this started at 7pm.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Here is the better vid from my housemate re uploaded:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
he definetly made a good point about all the jobs leaving the buffalo area. ive lived here my whole life, and have seen thousands of layoffs and places moving out. collections is the only big time industry in buffalo.
also the point he made about verizon not having to pay taxes. im a trump fan, but bernie made an impression on me for knowing his stuff. verizon doesnt have to pay taxes? how BS is that. ive been waiting for fios where i live since i moved in 8 years ago. they promised it wouldnt be more than a year or 2. there is no verizon fios just about anywhere in the city and its stoopit.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

My neighborhood got FIOS almost 4 years ago. I changed 3 years ago to FIOS. I am in a small, wealthy village though. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Bernie has a lot to say about GE as well. I don;t think they pay taxes either.

join