It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge AMA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Seriously i feel ashamed for some that clearly lack the ability to do so yourselves. The total lack of respect that was put forth towards the guest by some members as well as the huge wave of new accounts that signed up clearly to derail what could have been great discussion was just sad. Sure he didn't come and give you all the answers you seek but what the hell did you expect??!? The whole UFO phenomenon explained from a few pages of text I mean common. He was trying to offer some insights on the topic for us and it was entertaining at least for me. I can't help but feel that he was driven off by the BS he encountered although I hope that wasn't the case. It's not a case of him
growing a thicker skin it's a case of walking away from the BS.

BTW the earth is not flat. I wish some people who preach that would find the edge and jump
off.

Well thats it folks I didn't want to be the guy but I guess I couldn't help it. Go on flame away.

edit on 11-4-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

if the earth is flat there does not necessarily have to be an edge, just saying

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Well I think a mixture of things occurred including but not limited to, trolling, off topic remarks, bickering, however I think that he left unexpectedly, and also didn't say much (gave one liner responses) in a thread that was purported to be the "AMA of all time", and so all things combined we ended up with a very disappointing thread, yes we absolutely should respect our guests, but I imagine many feel it's a two way street, and some have expressed the feeling of a failed marketing ploy, I am reserving judgment (because he may come back) but all in all you are right the thread turned into a disaster, but the responsibility isn't solely on our members.
edit on 11-4-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Please.....tell me what ground breaking information that was given that we had not already heard from Edgar Mitchell or the former Canadian Minister of Defense has already been said..I'm not star struck so I'm not sucking up to anyone and giving them a pass...

You come on here to talk about stuff so talk about it...he could have easily ignored the nonsense and kept pace..it still would have been great.

Bottom line if he did give away information we wouldn't be interested in the books..

First three pages looked fine...didn't see him knocking down the door to answer them...
edit on 11-4-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Seriously i feel ashamed for some that clearly lack the ability to do so yourselves. The total lack of respect that was put forth towards the guest by some members as well as the huge wave of new accounts that signed up clearly to derail what could have been great discussion was just sad. Sure he didn't come and give you all the answers you seek but what the hell did you expect??!? The whole UFO phenomenon explained from a few pages of text I mean common. He was trying to offer some insights on the topic for us and it was entertaining at least for me. I can't help but feel that he was driven off by the BS he encountered although I hope that wasn't the case. It's not a case of him
growing a thicker skin it's a case of walking away from the BS.

BTW the earth is not flat. I wish some people who preach that would find the edge and jump
off.

Well thats it folks I didn't want to be the guy but I guess I couldn't help it. Go on flame away.

Yes, all those posters derailing. There were at least six first time posters in a row who starting page 4 who seemed to derail or ask stupid questions. I stpped looking after page 6. Seems like a planned coordinated attack. Makes one wonder why.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I Agree the answers were short but I just can't help but feel that the # show was on our end not his that's all. Thanks for the well rounded reply. Nice and rounded like the earth.

a reply to: TechniXcality

edit on 11-4-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I feel it started of just fine but got derailed into oblivion but that's just me.
I am not star struck either but a guest should be treated like a guest.

Some one asked if there are any emo punk poser aliens for god sakes that's just brutal by my standards.
Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the contrast
a reply to: chrismarco

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
in a thread that was purported to be the "AMA of all time"

No one from ATS made any such promise.

The biggest issue with scheduling an AMA with very busy high-profile people is, no matter how hard we try to organize and block out a segment of time, there's no ability to predict the unexpected demands on their schedule.

We're seeing if he can come back to address some of the remaining questions.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Sorry I stand corrected, others were suggesting that was said.. Like I said, im reserving judgement, I was just characterizing what I believe became the overall folly of the thread, and yes I do understand time is limited, and I appreciate your efforts in making this place as great as it is.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

BTW the earth is not flat. I wish some people who preach that would find the edge and jump off.

Kudos to you for at least that remark. That would be the penultimate way for them to prove the earth is flat .

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Ah for Christ's sake. I've seen much worse.

Let it go, ATS.

the huge wave of new accounts that signed up clearly to derail what could have been great discussion

Let them.

It's "street-cred" for ATS

"Our milkshake draws all the boys to the yard"

link   
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but I had thought bandersnatch had created a similar thread about the Tom Delonge AMA in The Grey Area. I don't care about multiple threads, I really don't, I just can't seem to find bandersnatch's thread on that topic. Anybody know what happened to it? Or am I hallucinating
?

link   
Wrote similar sentiments but I think they got binned im still disgusted with the attitude of entitlement shown here by some such....
Frankly ashamed of our manners and respect....
Sooo much more id say but its pretty damn obvious...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am all for new members, I am one myself although I lurked for years. I hope some of them in fact stay and contribute more. By more I mean something other than one liner off topic Insta removed posts.

a reply to: Bybyots

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I hope that some day I'm famous with inside information. Gosh forbid I have to spend more than 5 minutes at mecca to reap what I try to sow. I know Famous people can be demanding, but just as I've been taught here that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, extraordinary AMA'so should require the exact same type of responses. Grey580 asked something on page 1 that many would like to see answered from such a well seasoned advocate

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

So I wasn't hallucinating, that's comforting
. If it were binned, do you know why? I only ask to understand the standards by which the mods grade such things. Sorry for the thread drift!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The only folks that had posts removed were ATS members.

It's a learning process. We have to let it develop.

DeLonge is doing fine.

All this on him is for nothing.

He'll be back.

Monday comes on like a beast for those in Product and Dev.

Give him til Thursday. 4/14.

edit on 11-4-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Thanks for trying, SO.

Can you tell me who he is? I've never heard of him and, after reading 24 pages of thread....I still have no idea.

But again, you tried!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
These things typically have occurred over a two day period, maybe even three at times. I think he'll be back also. He sort of implied he wouldn't be giving many details, as he hadn't been given many details.

I've enjoyed it so far, but, maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think the AMA folks should be treated as guests, and some things are better left unsaid. Much better to come here and 'rant' as the OP did, then start something on the thread itself.

No sense in being rude to a guest, is how I see it. Better to STHU.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Thanks for trying, SO.

Can you tell me who he is? I've never heard of him and, after reading 24 pages of thread....I still have no idea.

But again, you tried!

Here ya go en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join