It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Slimed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've spoken to people and they told me there is actually a large organization with professional posters for the Internet. They told me there's thousands of people who are paid to frequenct forums, blogs, etc. to create an illusion of what humanity is like. They said the people will monitor comments to argue and attack others who oppose topics and even create propaganda articles on numerous blogs to make it appear as though a majority of humanity support their agendas.

Anyone know about and have info on such people?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Therobin
For starts- the US government , Media Matters , moveon.org. Will post more as I remember them.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yeah..it's called Facebook, Google and Twitter.

The internet is like an old Disney ride. You know
it's not real but it was fun while it lasted.

I remember seeing one of the 1rst news clips about the
internet. It was so new back then we didn't know what
they were talking about.

I remember the News Anchor (female) saying, "And it's
called the "double u, double u, double u".

Funny now, all I want to do is get AWAY from all the
technology yet it is quite a chore.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Never trust anything you read on the internet.

Even what I just wrote, which means trust everything, but you should never do that, unless you should.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Therobin
I've spoken to people and they told me there is actually a large organization with professional posters for the Internet. They told me there's thousands of people who are paid to frequenct forums, blogs, etc. to create an illusion of what humanity is like. They said the people will monitor comments to argue and attack others who oppose topics and even create propaganda articles on numerous blogs to make it appear as though a majority of humanity support their agendas.

There are several of these people on ATS, but TOS won't allow us to identify them. You will just have to learn to spot them for yourself.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My head just exploded

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

As any politician's speech in person or via the media should be taken as pure propaganda, you should not take a single word or image from the internet otherwise. The love the internet. It feeds directly from their motives directly into your private little brain sitting there all relaxed in a alpha state absorbing info...their info.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Therobin

The thing to do is to learn how to identify the work of such people. This can be done reading up on how they influence and even control many forums like this. They have even been known to even become moderators and this is the goal or such people. This way they steer the entire forum where they want to go.

Increasing the number of forums on trivial or rather "off the wall" subjects on this website may or may not be an example of this. This site still has its founding forums but I've read that increasing the number of trivial forums helps to change the over all focus of the site.

Arguing instead of discussing is also a common tactic of such people.

Arming yourself with knowledge is the first step to self protection.

cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes they typically will try and take your conversations in circle you have present good information and stop the conversation at that.

They never actually make a point but they use what seems like sound logic but they are mostly ploys to distract from the real content of threads.
edit on 4/12/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Even Snowden touched that topic, I believe it's true, the same applies to politics, some politicians pay to people to go on the internet and use propaganda, debate and attack critics to get them elected.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The term for it is called astroturfing and it absolutely happens. Can't remember where I read /saw a scan of the instruction list that is given to the employees of these companies. If I can find it, I will post a link

Eta. Here are a couple of links, second link states what I read when I saw the uploaded scan of the instruction paper which is still eluding me.

link one, general info with flow charts

link2, explains how it is done

Have seen these very techniques being used on several forums, even this one, at an increasing rate too.
edit on 12-4-2016 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

Eta another link. This is a 3 part article, the following link takes you to part 1 and links to prt 2 & 3 are at the bottom of the article
link 3
edit on 12-4-2016 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

People with opinions different to yours does not mean they are "propagandists" as the person commenting after you would want to suggest.

There are, however, obviously propaganda departments in various countries. They're not massive in comparison to the rest of the population, this would be ridiculous to claim.

I understand why some would want to believe such a fanciful story though, especially those who lean more to the right as they are seeing the public (specifically in the US) disagreeing with them and they don't want to see the country becoming more liberal. So, rather than accept that their society actually ISN'T as bigoted and backward as they are, and rather than accept that Conservatives are falling dramatically behind, they would prefer to concoct a bizarre fantasy about society being lied to about what people really think.

It's not an "orchestrated plot" just because your way of thinking isn't followed by everyone else.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

It's a lot more than that, and I'm sure you know it.

Most companies, organizations and yes, governments have whole media/IT departments dedicated to "steering" the message, controlling the "image" whatever fancy way/thing you want to call it, it frame a topic, image ect...

Sometimes nefarious, sometimes it's just preserving a image someone wants to portray.

Think Disney, think Amazon, it's not just deep dark topics like UFO's or paranormal, or even green energy. Everyone wants to put their good foot forward in the world, sigh....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
For just one example of such an organization, which is still doing such things to this day, look no further than Karl Rove's American Crossroads. They barely even try to hide it. Yes, that story's five years old, but nothing in their propaganda department has changed to this day. There's also Total Information Awareness, a Pentagon propaganda war they say has been cancelled, but they only renamed and hid it until it wasn't so overt. Secrecy and darkness are their only defense... but they've got offensive weaponry aplenty. It's a hidden war being fought with silent weaponry against people who don't even know they're under attack. Maybe that's the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, eh?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Some more info... This should keep you busy for hours, especially this article. Trust Glenn Greenwald. Once you take in and absorb all the ways to recognize these shills and their methods of trickery, you'll see them everywhere, because what they're doing works. You don't scale back an operation that works and is in your favor; therefore, the more time that passes, the more shills there are being paid to vomit lies and manipulate truth. It's not going to get better until their operations stop working... which requires everyone seeing them for who they really are and completely ignoring them from then on. If you light up every corner of the world, the roaches will have nowhere to hide.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Don't worry, we're all mad here.

eta: Thanks ThoughtProvoker, Light up those corners indeed. Sorry i haven't really contributed much, 'tis late.
edit on 15-4-2016 by Sourcery because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I know exactly what you are sharing. Hidden agenda!

If one stops and reviews history one might find that at one time it was said that the "gods" gave mankind, corn, cosmetics, swords and shields, etc. "gifts from the gods", if you will. Even today some folks around the net use the term "net gods".

If one compares the Federal Reserve to the internet one might see one glaring similarity. They are both privately owned. The federal reserve manipulates peoples values with money, the internet with what I call sugar coated sh*t(SCS). Both, are very controlling. And both, you must pay, to use.

There is presently a war being waged against all religions. Why? What would the real motive be? At their basic core all religions simply unite people, regardless of the mantra. Before the creation of Israel there was very little bickering among religious people.

The federal reserve has a back door if you will, where it can print money without oversight. ever wonder where all the boxes of money came from found in Iraq? Ever wonder how political movements take off so fast, and seem to have a financial angel? Well, it seems the internet also has such a back door where much of this "SCS" comes from.

Our morals and values are contained in religions most generally, if you will, its our operating instructions. For instance, it is written in the bible "Honor they father and they mother" This denotes the direction respect and loyalty should go. For thousands of years this basic concept worked for mankind as in all societies, except one, practice it. Then we have memes on the net that state "I love my Son, or my daughter, with all my heart". This mindset reveres what the bible taught us. It sounds great but in practicality you end up with spoiled children who expect, demand, everything be given to them. And people wonder why we have a Narcissistic society today.
It seems even love is now being used against us.

We are being tricked into accepting things the religious books warned us against a long time ago. Maybe that is why they want to destroy religion.

And for those who wish to attack my point of view, my train of thought, you can forget it, I'm not religious, I'm spiritual.

So, to answer your question as to who the covert manipulators are, try to figure out where this tool, the internet, really came from.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This video has been posted here before, but it is relevant to this discussion. It explains how widespread astroturf is and how big businesses use it for their advantage.

ATS is a very large community about "alternative" subjects so I'd imagine there are dozens or maybe even hundreds of these people here planting seeds and steering conversations.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Just another day on the internet. It's nothing new. I suppose it's more noticable when there's more money behind it though. I've seen it often at a popular discussion site where a megathread will suddenly get swamped with downvotes, yet there will be few posts or no commentary by all these people that disagree with the gist of it.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Even trolls need jobs, sad fact is some people have no moral compass and trolling is nothing more than a paycheck to them....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join