It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton’s Backers Want Obama to Grant a Preemptive Pardon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Looks like some nervous reactions are prompting some Hillary supporters to "ask" Obama for a pre-pardon.

Hillary's email scandal and the known to be classified info inside her emails are making the Campaign a bit shaky.

The FBI has apparently indicated the investigation(s) could go on for months and past the DNC Convention where Hillary could get the Democrat nomination.

Seems they're worried about an actual nominee getting caught up in possible criminal implications right at election time in November.

Obama does have the power to "pre-pardon" I think, but would that be wise?

A "pre-pardon" from Obama could easily be mis-understood as a "pre-guily" assumption.

They need to shut up and just keep campaigning on her record (whatever that is).

Obama has already commented on the ongoing investigation(s) by stating Hillary's private email system never jeopardized national security (was he crossing his fingers behind his back?).

Hillary Clinton’s Backers Want Obama to Grant a Preemptive Pardon—To Prevent Her From Facing “A Martha Stewart Problem”

With FBI Director James Comey’s statement this week that the massive investigation of possible criminality by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton could linger into the fall, some of her political advisers have become convinced that the best option for her would be to shut it down now, which could be accomplished if President Obama would grant a preemptive pardon for any crimes she may have committed.
hillary_bill

“It would be a humbling experience for Mrs. Clinton to accept a pardon, but she and husband Bill have ridden out terrible scandals in the past without losing their bedrock constituencies,” an official close to the campaign told Orbmagazine. “And without a pardon, the possible scenarios she is facing are fraught with danger.”

You may have noticed a look of fear in the candidate’s face in the past two weeks, and it’s not just because she has lost seven straight contests to Senator Bernie Sanders. It’s also because the yearlong investigation by 147 FBI agents into her use of a home-brew unsecured e-mail server to send and receive classified national security information, as well as the possible intermingling of Clinton Foundation fundraising with her government largesse, is drawing to a close.

A take-down of Hillary will assure Bernie Sanders the nomination.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
He already said that he wouldn't intervene, withdrawing politics from the investigation and letting the evidence speak for itself. Since I can't throw Obama very far, I don't trust him as equally.

President Barack Obama is guaranteeing that evidence, not politics, will dictate the outcome of the FBI's investigation into Hillary Clinton's handling of emails as secretary of state.

"I guarantee that there is no political influence in any investigation conducted by the Justice Department, or the FBI, not just in this case, but in any case," Obama said during an interview that was taped during his visit to the University of Chicago School of Law, where he taught.

Link
Good thing he never lies.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This has me imagining a scenario, where Clinton gets the nomination, and then is found guilty, or at least charged, between the convention and the election, effectively tearing apart the Democratic party, while, on the other side of the aisle, Mitt Romney is given the Republican nomination, effectively destroying the Republican party.

After that, upon realizing they've been following a bunch of (at best) idiots all these years, "ordinary citizens", formerly (D's) and (R's), exchange the figurative equivalent of post-bar-fight drunken hugs and buying of rounds. The evil witch's spell finally cast off, the glazed look in their eyes turning to clarity. After that, I guess the Cubs win the World Series and I fall off of a building...into a giant pile of money, next to Scarlett Johannson, wearing only whatever she's able to fit under the Black Widow costume, while Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus retire from making music forever.

Amen.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

This is actually a GREAT idea.

Once she is pardoned we can at least agree she is a criminal.

Let's do this!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So.. her supporters want her pardoned before even knowing all of the facts, which would help them determine whether or not she should be pardoned? They don't care what she did, they'll vote for her and love her all the same? Gee..

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Would she be receiving two or more pardons? What if she's found guilty of a multitude of crimes of completely different venues? Do they all get wiped clean? A pardon would mean she's guilty of something. I am still amazed people continue to back her.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
HILLARY 2016! BITCHES!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Rofl.

She must be in some very real trouble if they're asking for this

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So her backers want her pardoned for crimes so she can run for president.

Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with this?????

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hey can I get one of those?

I'd hate to some day face a "Martha Stewart" situation too.

You know, like when you get caught breaking the law and actually have to face the consequences?

What a hassle that would be for me.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So, her supporters are finally admitting that she committed crimes.

Obama might just do this. He promised not to interfere in the investigation, but he said nothing about not pardoning her. One could suspect his interview this week was setting up for this, considering his remarks about her years of service, etc.

If he pardons her BEFORE her FBI testimony, she will be able to lie all she wants under oath and they will not be able to prosecute her for it. Then her supporters will just repeat her lies and say - seeee she was innocent all along.

This election is almost surreal. I can't believe that some people actually want a criminal for president.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

A take-down of Hillary will assure Bernie Sanders the nomination.

Might be a good time to watch who her vice president is if she wins the election... Nixon got taken down for much less...

Also there is this: www.breitbart.com... paign=Feed%3A%2Bbreitbart%2B%28Breitbart%2BNews%29

It would be nice if I could believe him... but you know the rest of that story !

He continued, “I do not talk to the Attorney General about pending investigations. I do not talk to FBI directors about pending investigations. We have a strict line … I guarantee that there is no political influence in any investigation conducted by the Justice Department, or the FBI, not just in this case, but in any case.”

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You better vote for Hillary or Huma (Mrs. Carlos Danger) will be really, really, really...pissed.....

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well Obama does owe her for stepping aside during the 2008 primaries.

Then again so do a lot of people.

Do people really think the wife of an ex president is gonna go down for any 'criminal' wrong doing ?

The 'fix' was in a before it ever began.

Sad day for this country, and 'no person' is above the law.

I never had any hope Clinton was gonna get what she deserved.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, if this pans out, then Donald was right.
She was running just to stay out of jail.

How could she possibly be allowed to continue
a campaign for president? High crimes and misdemeanors
even if she is pardoned does not wipe away the wrong doing.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

But all of her supporters here say that there is no evidence that she did anything wrong.......

Maybe President Obama should pardon her server?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

But all of her supporters here say that there is no evidence that she did anything wrong.......

Maybe President Obama should pardon her server?

The "Server" (probably a registered Delaware Corporation) will end up in the Smithsonian inside a sealed vacuum glass case.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
So, her supporters are finally admitting that she committed crimes.

It really bothers me (and I hate that) that they don't care what she's done wrong.

Involvement with the IRS ... turning them against people she didn't like.
Letting Bill 'get away with it'.
The crap she tried to steal when she left the White House.
Huma ... this one hates America as much as Michelle.
Saul Alinsky too.
She buried Vince Foster.
Whitewater.
The lies ... just a constant stream of them.
All the money she's taken from the palms of foreign governments.
The e-mail scandal.
And four of our fellow citizens in Benghazi.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Having read the article here is what could be stated:

If Clinton has done nothing wrong, and ultimately that is what has been shown so far, then why ask for a pardon? Such would damage her campaign and could hamper her being elected to office of President.

The only real reason to give her a pardon would be if she did indeed do something wrong, but it would also mean that her entire political career would be finished for the rest of her natural life.

If anything, after over 700 days of investigations, this is looking more and more like a witch hunt, and as long as she can prolong it out, it makes the republican party look bad, as it raises questions, that they may not want to answer. And every time they think that they have something, it comes out that they don't and are just wasting time and the taxpayer money.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There is also the possibility that Mrs. Clintons Email traffic may be released to the public from Moscow.

It's a long while to Election Day and Uncle Vlad has plenty of time....

Or perhaps he prefers the leverage?

The consequences of an insecure server are unpredictable.

That's why it's illegal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join