It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Journey [PIC 2016]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The Journey

Every morning her day was the same. She would wake to the call of the birds from the branches. She would make a small breakfast of berries and would then begin her travels again. Never with a thought of where her travels would end. Just that she needed to go.

Every day her walks were the same. She would walk through the towering trees and would greet the little creatures she met along the way. Never with a thought as to who they were. Just that they were other beings along the way.

And every evening her days ended the same. She would find a soft safe spot away from the elements and would bed down for the night. Never with a thought to comfort. Just that she needed to rest and prepare for her next journey.

Today she woke like every other day. But somehow she knew that today would be different. Today she had a destination. She wasn’t sure where or why but she felt the purpose in her steps. She traveled through the trees and let her feet lead her where she needed to go.

She came upon an old church. The building still stood tall and straight but time had taken a toll. As she entered the church she could hear the small creatures scatter out of her way. Slowly she walked forward and was greeted by a grand staircase. The angel guard at the base of the stairs stared on as she made her way up. Dust clung to the bottom of her dress as she walked ever higher within the church. Sun cut slices of color across the floor as it streamed through the remaining stained glass.

Once at the top of the stairs, she walked down a long hallway. The light didn’t reach the corners here like it did downstairs. Cobwebs pulled at her hair as she walked down the long hallways. She paused in front of a large wooden door. Slowly she pushed forward and entered the small room at the end of the hallway.

The room stood empty except for a small mirror on the wall. What was it that pulled her here? Was this where she was meant to be? Is this what all of her travels were for? A mirror? As she stood looking into the mirror she began to hear a slight hum. She couldn’t tell where the sound was coming from. It seemed to come from the mirror before her. As she looked the hum seemed to grow louder and the mirror also begin to vibrate. As she moved closer she could feel the power coming out of the mirror and it felt wrong.

She quickly backed out of the room and back down the hallway. Quickly retracing her steps down the staircase, through the church and out the front doors. When she broke into the sunshine she could still hear the humming could still feel the vibrations under her feet.

She picked up her dress hem and ran. As fasts as her feet would carry her. The powers she had felt were evil and they scared her. Tomorrow she would begin a new journey on another forest trail. Today she had been lucky. She had won the battle for her soul, tomorrow she might not be as lucky.

edit on 4/11/2016 by Martin75 because: The Shed Rocks!!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Very good!

Loved it!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yay! Awesome story!!

I'm so happy to see so many people entering the contest!!
Can't wait to see who gets their 'writer' status next!

S&F&hugs,
jacy

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Awesome story, I really enjoyed your style.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
a reply to: jacygirl
a reply to: Quantum12
You guys are the best!!! Thank you all soooooo very very much!!!

I think I may play with her a little more and see where she might go! Thanks again everybody for your support!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Enjoyed it, Martin!

Glad you joined in the fun!!

- AB

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Good job Martin!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I liked the moral of your story - stay away from churches.

No, I'm only joking, that was really good to read and lots left open to the imagination. Excellent stuff.

(S&F)

B x

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A very good story!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

A wonderful tale of caution.

When everyday is an adventure in light, half the battle is remaining out of the shadows.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
Thank you so very much!!

a reply to: Night Star
Thanks so much sweetie!!! I am just now getting to read some and they are amazing!!

a reply to: beansidhe
HAHA yeah the thing I love most about writing is most of it comes from the readers imagination

a reply to: Errollorre
Tom – Thank you!

a reply to: TrueBrit
Shadow & Light the constant battle of good vs evil

new topics

top topics

join