It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Wives

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A new general took over our base and after the usual period of settling in when things had calmed down he went to the obligatory Officers Wives Club meeting. He took the stage and said I have to take a call, I'll be back shortly, during this time please arrange yourselves by rank. When he returned all of the women had arranged themselves by their husbands rank. The next sentence was "You DO NOT HAVE ANY RANK!". And he went on to make sure that if they tried to pull rank they would regret it. And yes a few of them thought that he wasn't talking to them.
edit on 10/4/2016 by LamontCranston because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Was in an all male engineer unit. Later moved to a mixed sex brigade unit. BIG BIG difference in effectiveness. Think I may be a little sexist because of it.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Sorry

Thought you were posting about these guys ..................

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

We have a large joint base here...most of my friends growing up were military, and a lot of my friends now are military...

Remember that show "Alaska Military Wives" or something? Ungh...yeah...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Talk about making assumptions and then wasting your day on them.

Surely you had something better to think and and do (your job perhaps) then obsessive about an imaginary affront to your comfort.

It's not your job in life to judge others or yourself for that matter. Just pay attention to them, listen to them and serve them the best you are able.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

As a married vet who did 8 years active, I saw this daily. I know some people seem to miss the part where you said "NOT ALL" but I did not miss that. I have seen a few officer and NCO spouses who think they wear the same rank. In the officer world, personal politics play a little so sometimes to get a high enough spot his wive/her husband may have to play dutiful for a little while. The NCO's (which I was) are less political until you start getting into area's of Chiefs or Seniors.

I am a big fan of allowing anyone to present their case to me. I like a clean slate but as soon as I get approached with that attitude I no longer concern myself with their opinions and feelings. I was an NCO which means I was midway up the enlisted rank. That also means every single officer is higher than I was. So on occasion I would get an officer's wife (typically O1-O3) who would try to tell me what to do

I ran the girl's volleyball team on my base. It was THE BEST part of my year. I loved those girls and my wife and I even got a pair of twins to varsity level in their high school. It was my pride and joy to run that team.

Now...MOST of the girls were daughters of officers and most of the moms were wonderful. I forged relationships with the parents.

One day a new Lieutenant's wife brought her daughter to her first practice and didn't like the way I was training. Without warning she began to tell me what to do and how to alter my work despite the fact that I was following every single rule of the Base Youth Center. She told me...literally said..."I am Lt. ______'s" wife and you are a sergeant, etc."

After all the hoohaa I removed her from the court and she reported me to my Chief. That did not....not go well for her or the Lt. It's little known outside the military but despite an O-1 being hire in rank than an E-9, E-9's are generally the most respected members of the military and usually an O-1 will be assigned to an E-9 for a matter of months.

She reported me...the Chief laid a lot on the line for her and then did the same to his own superior...her husband

Anyway, next week for some reason my teaching methods were fine

I love my wife. She was a rock to me in the Air Force. She deserves sometimes more praise than I did for what she put up with. But she agreed that she was not a Sergeant...I was.

Nice to meet you btw

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LamontCranston
A new general took over our base and after the usual period of settling in when things had calmed down he went to the obligatory Officers Wives Club meeting. He took the stage and said I have to take a call, I'll be back shortly, during this time please arrange yourselves by rank. When he returned all of the women had arranged themselves by their husbands rank. The next sentence was "You DO NOT HAVE ANY RANK!". And he went on to make sure that if they tried to pull rank they would regret it. And yes a few of them thought that he wasn't talking to them.

I laughed out loud at this. Thank you! lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join