It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crafts I Saw at 39,000 Feet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Try the Lockheed ones...there are some that ARE CLOSE....
PLEASE GIVE A MORE DETAILED DESCRIPTION....
Does it have one vertical stabilizer?
How are the wings swept back? at what angle roughly?
(perhaps the speed of it could be deduced roughly by the angle of sweep etc....
edit on 9-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

How needle sharp was the nose?
compared to a raptor say?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Ignorance is bliss, don't you know? Perhaps you should ask that mod if they have pictures of their birth....Just saying.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown
In the old days of ATS people would be digging up pics or links to share with the OP.
trying to nail down his sighting.....
Asides don't cut the mustard sometimes...Of course the description needs a touch up by the OP too...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
First time here, so this may not be in right place. But these black trails they were leaving. How long were they? Did they linger? 'Cause, they probably shouldn't have been leaving black trails if they were conventional jet engines.
And you know, that is the altitude that chemtrail planes fly.
edit on 9-4-2016 by nomad2 because: added comment

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nomad2
First time here, so this may not be in right place. But these black trails they were leaving. How long were they? Did they linger? 'Cause, they probably shouldn't have been leaving black trails if they were conventional jet engines.
And you know, that is the altitude that chemtrail planes fly.

Robot chemtrail drones??
I like your twist of thought...!

Allow me to award you with your very first star.....many more to come I think...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I want to add to my response to you that the reason I used the term "the next lane over" was because I'm aware a replica of a grid is overlaid upon the sky to keep planes away from each other. I had no knowledge of how far apart those traveling lanes are supposed to be but I do remember thinking the craft were rather close to the plane I was in. Then I thought, "What do I know about how far away they should be? I haven't been up here in a long time and things could be far different now."

I have no way of judging up in space how many yards away these craft were from my plane. I'm not good at taking a decent guess as to what the distance was but they were close enough for me to mentally make notes.

Maybe 75 yards? I did an experiment outside and asked for help to judge how far away a certain tree was which appeared similar to how far away the craft were from the plane. I can't be confident in that guess so it's not very useful.

Someone out there knows what I saw, who owns them and what they are used for. Maybe not at ATS but someone would know.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Maybe 75 yards? I did an experiment outside and asked for help to judge how far away a certain tree was which appeared similar to how far away the craft were from the plane. I can't be confident in that guess so it's not very useful.

What? At FL39000?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That was the last thing on my mind at the time. I doubt I'll ever be quick on the draw to think of and use my phone camera and I'm not usually around people who do, but who knows?
If I go to FL again, I'll have my phone ready in case I see these craft.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If he'd taken a picture. The aircraft would have been very small in the frame. And probably not much more than a blurry dot when zoomed in.

And we all know how people would have reacted to that.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Your description makes me think of the Boeing X-37 or the X-40 space shuttle drones. Perhaps something newer on a similar platform?

a reply to: tweetie

I looked at these when I returned because I was aware of the X-37 beforehand but I kept returning to the shape most being like a stubbier version of the Challenger.

Thanks!!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Try the Lockheed ones...there are some that ARE CLOSE....
PLEASE GIVE A MORE DETAILED DESCRIPTION....
Does it have one vertical stabilizer?
How are the wings swept back? at what angle roughly?
(perhaps the speed of it could be deduced roughly by the angle of sweep etc....
How needle sharp was the nose?
compared to a raptor say?

Drones? Any of these? Killer Bee and Harpy looks space-shuttle like.

cdn.wonderfulengineering.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
You may have seen the unmanned space plane the X-37B. Officially, this can only be launched by a rocket. But there are rumors that they've done tests with other propulsion systems.

Quite a rare sighting if you did see this. Especially seeing two of them. Definitely an "off book" test flight. Unlikely. But not impossible.

I had looked at these but the shape is different than what I saw. Thanks!!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Interesting fantastical future laser dogfghts…

The introduction of nimble and compact lasers on the aerial battlefield will likely allow fighter-sized combat aircraft designs to cease putting a premium on maneuverability, as lasers are speed-of-light weapons. In other words, as long as the enemy can be detected and is within the laser’s range, they are at risk of being fried regardless of how hard they try to evade via hard turns and other high-g maneuvers.

…on sunny days. Diving into a cloud bank and running missions in inclement weather at night, however… not so certain.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The person is not aviation or military oriented.

The black smoke you reported from their exhaust denotes military…

edit on 9-4-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Why did you not attempt to capture a picture or two of the craft in question?

Did you not have a mobile phone, or even the person next to you have one?

When you see a UFO the last thing on your mind is 'where is my phone.' You just go into a totally stunned mode of mystery and wonder and amazement.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Hi Tweetie and congratulations on your UFO sighting
Sounds like a good one seeing multiple craft. People will make out that these are from our own species, but they maybe from another world or even from another dimension here on Planet Earth or even a time lapse. They do sound like they are manufactured rather than an animal type UFO. great sighting, it's just totally amazing what's going on up there, from both our most of the time hidden tech and that of things from other places/dimensions. Totally awesome

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Was it anything like this?

It's unlikely it actually was the Dreamchaser as it isn't really in operation yet. But there may be other lifting body style space planes being secretly tested. This gives you an idea of what such crafts would look like. China is building space planes. So we're probably not only building the ones that people are talking about.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bfirez

originally posted by: tweetie

What? At FL39000?

Indeed.
I think the pilot of the passenger flight would have been demanding to know who or what the eff was passing them at near miss distances.... at 39,000 feet!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I suppose each to there own, but you do relies the generation we live in? Every Tom, Dick and Harry are quite frankly snap happy. Ive seen plenty of stunned people record all kinds of crazy stuff, sometimes at there own personal danger, eyes never moving away from the spectacle yet there wee hands are coming up with there mobile, and clicking away.
edit on 9-4-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nomad2

Really? Never seen the TF33 or some of the other older jet engines, have you. They leave black smoke trails that you can follow for several miles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join