It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

`WALK OF SHAME' - Obese flyer booted from flight in US

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

I would never be crushed for an entire flight, I'd have kicked off long before takeoff. I'd have told the fat person looking him square in the eyes to fix his seat problem, and if he refused I'd make sure the guy was moved from invading my seat.
Yep, I'd shame him if it meant his fat muffin tops were prevented from squeezing against me.
His fat, his problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
I am sincerely disgusted, repulsed, and ashamed to be classified in the same genus and family as those of you crying about the pain of dealing with someone who is larger than you.

Those of you saying "gee, take in more calories than needed for energy? You deserve it"....

you are lacking in the ONE thing that is a conduit to happiness.
And that is, EMPATHY.

That's your opinion, not mine. How does empathy signify a conduit to happiness? Why would I want to feel sorry for a fat person? Should I feel sorry for every type of person who feels some form of injustice is being inflifcted upon them due to a condition which is, let's be honest, COMPLETELY WITHIN THEIR POWER TO CONTROL.

We're not talking about some who has lost limbs, medical issues ( like the lady earlier with a seizure) or some other congentical defect. We're talking about obese people who, following physics, would lose weight if they consumed less than they exert.

But hey...it's all about you, and your comfort. Isn't it?

Yes, very much so. If i paid several thousands of pounds for a flight, I expect it to be what I paid for. Not to have my personal space invaded by a large fat obese person.

You're trying to guilt everyone else into feeling sorry for fat people...? Are you serious?
edit on 10-4-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
www.friendshipcircle.org...
And yet they are expected to make provision for the disabled.

Disabilities, medical issues and problems, congenital defects, loss of limbs, etc -- these are not something a person can control.

WEIGHT is something a person can control.

There's a difference.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
Shortcuts to DIA:
1. There are two security lines, most people think there is one
2. If you check bags, don't go inside, the checkers outside are free and small tips are appreciated
3. Many flights offer online iterineray for mobile phones dont waste time getting a ticket. Many people don't use this and it even sometimes shares a line with ClearID.
4. After you get your online ticket, you can check in online
5. If you're at concourse A, you don't have to take the train, you can walk there faster
6. Wear flip-flops and sport your laptop in your hands, don't need to remove anything from your bags
7. If you're super late request a personal screening. It works fastest even if they're annoyed, they've done it for me, they'll do it for you.

None of that is really anything a regular traveler would not know. Hell, you can bypass a good deal of the items you listed by having Pre-Check.

I assumed an I travel every week answer.

I said almost every week. Try to pay attention.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have never visited the US but I hear you get a nice intimate massage from your border force people...I'm tempted to visit just for that...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I have never visited the US but I hear you get a nice intimate massage from your border force people...I'm tempted to visit just for that...

I have TSA Pre-Check so I skip the regular strip search and only get an occasional random happy ending when the indicator goes off.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

FOr the most part, the Border Patrol are good folks, You can give them quite a bit of bull before it creates any issue for you, so long as you aren't making jokes about what you are bringing across the border.

TSA, on the other hand, are not officers (BP is), and are paid to just sit there and harass random passengers. They cannot be shown to have stopped a single attack of any sort. And HAVE been shown to miss obvious threats during tests and drills. On multiple occasions.

They are the biggest boondoogle in the US government. And that really is saying something.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
TSA, on the other hand, are not officers (BP is), and are paid to just sit there and harass random passengers. They cannot be shown to have stopped a single attack of any sort. And HAVE been shown to miss obvious threats during tests and drills. On multiple occasions.

I think they are next to useless.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So, can I expect a nice massage from TSA as an international entry at a US airport?
Please say yes

...I hear loads of people complaining about it on ATS, I'd probably push my bits into the cupped hand of the TSA guy just for the laugh.

*Edit*
I had to google boondoggle, haha, I've learned a new word today, nice one!
edit on 10.4.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

They give an illusion of security from a manufactured boogeyman. They have a use. Just nothing logical or benefitical to the people who actually pay their wages.

Like i said....i don't fly. If i can't drive there, i pretty much don't go.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Was it really the TSA which stopped you flying?
I wouldn't give a toss, and I'd probably act like I enjoyed the massage just to claim ownership of the experience, low moans of "oh yeah baby" just to piss them off.

*Edit*
I assume they won't shoot a man for that? It is my standard practice if UK cops pat me down, "oh yeah, that feels good" etc, but UK cops aren't scary with their lame sticks.
edit on 10.4.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Yes.

Its more the body scanners than anything. But I have my reasons to not want them running their hands all over me.

My last flight was to San Antonio to see Metallica in 2004. Which is odd....i really prefer the drive.
edit on 4/10/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I do not think TSA gets guns. They aren't officers.

But they can call in the goon squad, and im sure there are the same amount of "little man syndromes" as you'd see in any other population of people.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Fair one if it is down to a principle thing.
I genuinely wouldn't give a toss, and I would absolutely moan softly and 'grind' into the guys hand just to claim ownership of the experience.
...hmm, cheap flight to the US this year could be on the cards, and being in 'economy' I'll be kicking the # off if any fat person dares to encroach their muffin tops into my seat...ain't happening. Not on my watch.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
They give an illusion of security from a manufactured boogeyman. They have a use. Just nothing logical or benefitical to the people who actually pay their wages.

We both see through the charade.

Like i said....i don't fly. If i can't drive there, i pretty much don't go.

Well, you know my deal already, I have to fly.

When people ask me if I enjoy travelling so much I say that I do, the only thing I do not like is airports.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I wouldn't give a toss if flying to the US required a naked strip search to be honest, I'd make sure I hadn't washed for a few days first, again, just to claim ownership of the experience. Heck I'd reveal intimate areas which are usually covered by a sheath which was not cut off me as a baby...just to stick it back to them.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Give me a heads when you do so I am not in the same city.

Much appreciated! Enjoy your visit!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Haha I'll shout it on ATS when I have definite plans to visit the US, I could even be influenced in my choice of destination based on members who I have a lot of time for and reckon I'd enjoy a pint with.
I love travelling to random (not tourist) places, way more than tourist places to be honest, it's much more interesting, albeit more risky. Life is just a game of risk to me though.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Stop it, this wasn't a surprise to him. Why should the person that is suppose to sit next to him that also paid for their seat be expected to give up half their space because someone else can't afford to accommodate for the extra weight THEY carry around and THEY are responsible for. If it's genetic and he can't help it and actually eats only 1 salad a day, doesn't change anything.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
If it's genetic and he can't help it and actually eats only 1 salad a day

Hahahaha!!! Brilliant!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join