It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Neurofeedback the missing piece to the Remote Viewing puzzle?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Sorry Coldwisdom, the tech side is a bit beyond me having never studied nor ever practiced meditation. I'm one of those annoying people where looking is a home grown knack.

More importantly, I think your ideas here are good ones and I'm mainly wishing you well and hope you make progress. RVing is something I would like to see more widely know outside the secret squirrel networks.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
So Bedlam have you yourself ever remote viewed successfully? Or have you ever known anybody to be able to remote view?

I am maybe the only person in the world that can hold the perfect balance of brain waves on the meter and yet cannot RV anything whatsoever.

I know people who can do it but it has a lot of interesting problems and weaknesses.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

What kind of equipment have you used?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

What kind of equipment have you used?

The group doing the testing had their own stuff. I didn't want to have anything to do with it, frankly. Might have contributed to the inability to RV.

It was considered career poison. I did my best to let them go their own way whilst I went the other.
edit on 10-4-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I explained that he was listening to Morse Code back in the late 1970's and it apparently induced a certain brainwave state that allowed him to perceive sensory images across time and space. I said the military knew that other Morse intercept operators had reported this phenomenon.

I remember as a child working with some Ham Radio operators who could read Morse Code that was being transmitted so fast it sounded to me like just a blur of tones. In fact it was so fast that they couldn't write it down, nor did they need to. It appeared to me that they were processing it as if it were a foreign language. A language in which they were as fluent as their native tongue. One of my mentors claimed to even be able to understand RTTY to some extent; and I don't doubt it.

These capabilities would somewhat jive with the notion of being able to "perceive sensory images across time and space." Unfortunately I think this is probably a lost art. But there are likely other modern technologies that induce this same sense of "being in the zone."

-dex

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Also, if you ever get the wild hair to try a brain bio-feedback machine to do this, be really careful that you get the right combination of states, it's actually possible to mistrain yourself to induce seizures.

That's interesting. I didn't know it was possible to self induce seizures. If an agent trained in this ability were captured, I could see this as being an effective way of avoiding divulging secrets under interrogation.

-dex

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yea, I've never heard of anybody using neurofeedback to self-induce seizures either. My curiosity is piqued, however.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OP:

1. Actually plenty of brain scanning research has occurred. You may not be intimately familiar with all sources of psi research over the last 45 years or so. Some was done within the STAR GATE program for example.

2. The primary research team for the now-called STAR GATE program had a SQUID they were going to use which is very advanced brain imaging, but --

3. Your assumption that realtime means anything to this is the problem. It doesn't. What research makes clear is that there actually is no predicting or measuring "when" the information comes in. It doesn't matter when you tell the psychic, they may get the info while taking a shower that morning or driving down the road three days before.

Even if it arrived on command, it may come in a milli-milli-second and they spend the next hour merely forking it out of themselves (so far this seems the most likely).

In order for neurofeedback especially on such an ephemeral experience to have any means of measure whatever, you must be able to entrap the experience point into a limited time-set which can be recorded. There is no way to do that with psi. As a result, at the time anyway, further research in that direction was considered fairly pointless. Which was a real bummer because the guy in charge was a physicst with medical research background so he was really into the idea but alas. You gotta deal with the facts reality hands you no matter how good things sound on paper.

All this as I was told and fuzzily recall, is the caveat I should add to everything.

RC

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If helpful at all, I might add that I have a good deal of experience with a few forms of biofeedback, both with myself and former subjects I worked with. Minimal with EEG (only with other people's equipment a few times). A great deal with self-hypnosis and self-training to setpoints (such as with binaural or isochronic tones for example) (e.g. The Monroe Institute's Focus number states).

Although for me and I assume most some degree of relaxation is helpful to viewing, as McMoneagle says it's really more a state of 'focus' than a state of brainwave activity. It can be done in any brainwave set (BW is always a very big mix conglomerate of course).

How well in a given BW state (aside from the typical issues with viewing) is likely to depend on the collection format (the methodology) and the type of data.

Best,
RC

PS There's a new lucid dreaming tool "The Aurora" (by iWinks, a kickstarter campaign already fully funded) coming out which connects to smartphone/computer and will track EEG while you sleep -- even has an accelerometer in it -- really cool opportunities with that!

edit on 13-4-2016 by RedCairo because: PS

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

PS There's a new lucid dreaming tool "The Aurora" (by iWinks, a kickstarter campaign already fully funded) coming out which connects to smartphone/computer and will track EEG while you sleep -- even has an accelerometer in it -- really cool opportunities with that!

WHAT?

Who in their right mind would sync their brainwave maps to a remote network? The implications of such a system deserve a thread in and of their own.

Can you imagine the NSA or Facebook tapping into your phone to either record and or alter the patterns being sent to your skull? The next big thing isn't social media, it's neurofeedback interfacing with social media. Instead of just updating your mood you could upload and share your brainscan for that particular moment. It would be a treasure chest for modern marketing firms. In other words, something I would never willingly hand over.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

WHAT?

Who in their right mind would sync their brainwave maps to a remote network? The implications of such a system deserve a thread in and of their own.

ROFL! They are not syncing their brainwave maps to a remote network. That's hilarious.

It's merely a tool that records whatever your brainwaves might be.

Can you imagine the NSA or Facebook tapping into your phone to either record

Anything you do, ever, if a good enough hacker wants to know it, they can. This is no different from recording your brainwaves or recording your checkbook. If there's that much fear, live off the grid, really. :-)

alter the patterns being sent to your skull?

Now that would require a whole other technology, and it would have to be placed with/near you, and activated during the appropriate time period and so on.

In theory this could probably already be done; the little lucid dreaming tech isn't designed to modify your brainwaves, it is designed to allow you to
a) see what they are/were,
b) choose to see your REM sleep and wake up at a certain time conducive to lucid dreams,
c) maybe just wake up at a good time in your sleep cycle period, to feel good the next day
It's all receptive information -- not projective change.

The next big thing isn't social media, it's neurofeedback interfacing with social media. Instead of just updating your mood you could upload and share your brainscan for that particular moment.

EEGs aren't nearly specific enough to be hugely useful in that regard unless you simply want to know whether someone is concentrating-alert vs. kinda dreamy vs. asleep for example. Brainwaves are myriad in number and it's a huge conglomerate -- imagine zillions of piano notes at once -- any tool is only picking up a sort of 'dominant' sound.

There might be tech that is, of course, I don't know.

I think fun with lucid dreaming is probably not at this moment a huge risk of NSA and marketing firms changing my brain, as long as I wear the tinfoil of course. (Kidding.) But seriously, better tech would be needed and might exist, and insidious intent would be needed and might exist, but neither of those are part of this little kickstarter gem. :-)

RC

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's merely a tool that records whatever your brainwaves might be.

Right. A tool that records your brainwaves and is also sync'd to all your devices, that's a serious vulnerability.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I'm going to go buy as much stock in tin foil companies that I can.
edit on 4/16/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
:-)

Wave of the future, I'm afraid.

RC

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

So these devices you mentioned earlier that can be bought on the open market now. Lets buy one and mess around with it. Sounds like a helluva fun piece of equipment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join