It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(EPIC) Amazing Muslim scholar tells Canadian Senate truth of Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

other than the book of Revelation. There are no violent passages in the New Testament, especially the books of Paul.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

This is not some guy who simply wants to "educate" people, this guy is a professional debater with an agenda. Doubt that its a coincidence that he ended up speaking in front of this panel.

That having been said, I'm still not convinced that this religion is the "threat" its being made out to be.

I'm no fan of communism, not even a little, but the fear mongering and hate speech is very similar to that which was used during the "cold war" ie the "Red Scare".

Even if you take into account whats taking place in Europe, what are we talking about here, gangs of violent criminals?

People are acting as though these refugees invented these horrendous crimes.

Looking at just the US stats, a woman is raped every few seconds, wheres the outrage?

From WW2 and the use of nuclear weapons on civilian populations to Korea, Vietnam, the Middle East; the West has been waging non-stop warfare with actual WMDs and chemical weapons (Agent Orange, Napalm, White Phosphorous and Depleted Uranium).

Because the masses arent told to be pissed, its simply ignored? These guys/governments circumvent the globe attacking entire nations, killing people by the millions yet there isnt a fraction of the outrage...

I will say that Americans did take a stand against Vietnam but not before the draft and not before the media made it an issue (again we were instructed), showing the body bags coming back home, a practice banned by Bush.

Not to mention that EVERY "radical Moslem" group from Al-CIAeda to Hamas to ISUS has been created by or backed by the West.

EVERY ONE without exception.

From the false flag terror attacks, 9/11 to 7/7...

How are these blatant facts so easily ignored? Holy mass cognitive dissonance.

SMH.

Its getting so ridiculous, that now "our guys" are actually shooting at each other...

CIA-armed militias are shooting at Pentagon-armed ones in Syria.

edit on 9-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

What you are talking about is the splitting up of Christianity into different factions - Protestants, Calvinists, etc. The Roman Catholic Church didn't go away during the reformation, it was just no longer the only Christian religion.

Islam has different branches or factions with different interpretations as well - some more peaceful and some more violent. Some that feel all the world should reform to be Islamic and some that have no desire for that.

There are Islamaphobes who want to have the Quran totally removed from Islam. THAT is the type of reformation they want. There is no reason to do that any more than there is a reason to remove the Bible from Christianity.

What needs to happen is for the more moderate factions to become more dominant (as they were before in countries like Afghanistan) with the more conservative/less flexible/more violent factions becoming the weak fringe that has no real power. How does that happen? Countries like the U.S. and Saudi Arabia need to stop funding these conservative groups for one thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Pepsi says Coca Cola sucks, and people prefer Pepsi. Bronco fans say that the Patriots are losers. The Democrats rail on the Republicans, and the GOP demonizes the progressive left.

Which ones of them are beheading/burning/raping/shooting the competition, again? I can't keep track.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I've studied Islamic history on a collegiate level, and probably have a better understanding of it than 80% of this site. I've met, discussed, and known Muslim people.

Just because someone says something you agree with doesn't make it true, or apply to all Muslims in all places.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I dunno, beating Jesus was pretty violent.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

The entire Muslim movement is based on Islam dominating the world and establishing the caliphate

And if I did have a religion Muhammad would be the last on my list deserving of my worship

And Christians pretty much want world domination as well. For quite a while the Catholic church had a stranglehold over most of the known world.

All religions want world domination, and if you were Muslim you'd hear how evil and violent Christians are from your Muslim leaders.

It's called...perspective. It's kind of a lost thing these days.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The Christian religion has never been reformed?

Are you serious? You can't be serious.

What do you call the "Great Reformation" and "The Schism"?

History is everyone's friend!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Pepsi says Coca Cola sucks, and people prefer Pepsi. Bronco fans say that the Patriots are losers. The Democrats rail on the Republicans, and the GOP demonizes the progressive left.

Which ones of them are beheading/burning/raping/shooting the competition, again? I can't keep track.

Well Mountain Dew is usually that one.

Stop trying to gloss over my analogy. Making smarmy comments isn't going to win you any points around here.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Good grief, I've only listened to the first 15 or 20 minutes, but this man makes Donald Trump and Pamela Gellar sound like bleeding heart liberals!

This guy obviously has an agenda, I'm just not sure what it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMastertruly enlightening i knew about turkey backing isis and i am sure sa does to but i had no idea about quatar

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Radical Islam, as I understand it, has been around in one form or another, for a long time, even pre-dating Zbigniev Berzhinski, if you can believe it. I'm not looking directly at references here but I believe that the high Moorish culture of Spain was first undermined and weakened by radical Berbers from North Africa before Islamic culture was completely evicted from Spain by the Christians.

The current radical Islamist surge occurred through the connivance of Saudi Arabia and the United States, first in Afghanistan. Many of these Islamists were flown out of Afghanistan, into Pakistan, after the defeat of the Taliban, by the Pakistani air force, under the umbrella of the Americans, after the fall of Tora Bora.

They were then infiltrated into the war in the Balkans that had a strong Muslim element to it.

Some of these people were taken to the United States for training and then fed back into Libya and eventually Syria to prime the pump of destabilizing revolution. They were also allowed to fester in Iraq to keep that country from regaining its stability after the defeat of Saddam Hussein.

Radical Islam is largely a gift from Saudi Arabia and the United States, to the world. Both of these countries have been using radical Islam for their own foreign policy purposes. Without them, radical Islam would be as influential in ordinary life as radical Christianity, i.e., of interest to a tiny fraction of the population.

That doesn't mean it isn't a problem. It has been allowed to get powerful enough to be used in cynical ways by NATO and its allies. I think it is going to be used for a long time. In Europe it is already bringing forth fruit in the form of the creation of surveillance states in a response to terrorism and "migration".

With Communism all but gone in the world, a new "boogie man" was needed, for all sorts of purposes. Ordinary Muslims should hate the radicals, because they have been suckered into being the stooges of the West and have brought catastrophe to the rest of the Muslim world.
edit on 9-4-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Okay, maybe a bad choice of words on my part, but if by reformation, one means to split up a religion into different factions, that shouldn't apply to Islam, because there are already different denominations and many different factions and movements within those denominations. The factions that are the least violent are actually the factions with the most population following them.

What people usually mean when they say Islam needs reformation, is to remove the Quran as the holy book. They say that the Quran is the real problem because of the negative and violent passages against "infidels" or non-Muslims. I am saying that the Bible was never removed from the Christian religion, even though there are negative and violent passages there as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Tarek Fatah is a fraud. A Hindu disguised as a Muslim. Calling himself a Muslim while at the same time criticizing his own religion (Islam) is kinda laughable. There's something wrong in there!

Anyways:

How Tarek Fatah Fooled The West
edit on 9-4-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Aha! I thought there was something fishy about that guy. I listened to him as carefully as I could, and he does contradict his own statements at times. And the end, he blows a fuse and has a little hissy fit. Not too charming or professional.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Since when does one person’s ideas become the truth?

And ALL the truth and nothing but the truth.

Well them this man must be God

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wonder why 50, 30 even 20 years ago we didn’t hear about all this Muslim terrorism?

There were Muslims in western societies back then

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

So was the stoning of Stephen. However it was clear by your context you meaning of violence was using the books to war and kill others..

But let's say your context did include the death of Christ and Stephen. The book still does not condone killing of them or others.

Nor are there any scriptures that tell the Body of Christ to go out and kill anyone.

edit on 9-4-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This guy wasted people’s time here.

All he needed to say is that the problem is Wahhabi, Saudi Islam

That’s all he needed to say and he could have went home early

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

That's strange because I have little time for Atheists who criticize religious faith yet have even more faith of their own than that of religious people. And if you can't work out what that means, I definitely have no time for you because you are too stupid to understand your belief is crazier even at a scientific level. But to help you out TBB breaks 5 main laws of science. Whenever I get into discussion with atheists over this all they an do is argue religion, none seem to be able to prove their belief = a faith. Hilarious dude, esspecially due to your opening statements...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join