It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black NYC School Employee punches autisic White child (11) in the head after racial remark

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Of course the mainstream media is attempting to brush this under the rug - it goes against the Progressive Agenda of Whites always being the oppressors and Blacks always being the victim, but here is the jist of the story (as always, I will also put links at the end)

At the time, an 11 year old autistic boy, who is white, and only has the mental capacity of a SIX YEAR OLD, was in the school cafeteria. From some sources I have found, he spilled ice on the floor and also threw down a napkin. That is when Milton Parker, a Black man with 26 years of experience in the Department of Education and who also HAD EXPERIENCE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN, approached the child, Anatoly Veltman and scolded him for making the mess. To the scolding, the child responded "This table is for Whites Only". Sometime after that, the child took a swing at the employee, apparently hitting him in the face. The video then shows Parker cocking back his arm and throwing a full punch right into the child's head. It was later revealed that the kid received a concussion from the blow.

After the incident, Parker was suspended and also charged, but was allowed to plead out from felony assault to misdemeanor assault. He was then allowed to retire and today is receiving a full pension. The child however, has not fared so well. He is now 13 years old, but ever since the incident, he has been too traumatized to return to school and now has to be homeschooled because his father believes if he went back to school that he would run away. Parker has also showed absolutely no remorse for what happened, and has even gone so far as to justify his actions by saying:

“Who gets hit and doesn’t respond?” Parker said to the newspaper. “The kid punched me in the eye first and as a reflex he got hit back.”

and

“I knew it was on camera,” the 59-year-old added. “If it was intentional, I would have taken him to another room and beaten the snot out of him.”

Parker has also not apologized for the action. I mean I could understand him defending his action as reflex, but the way he said it indicates to me he is just trying to save his own skin. It's possible in this case to say something along the lines of "He hit me in the face and reflexively I punched him back, I didn't mean to . . . . . etc."

Now, of course this incident didn't make the media when it happened TWO YEARS AGO. Why? Because it took a judge NEARLY TWO YEARS to order the release of the tape of the incident. Which begs the question, and leads me into my main point of posting this. Now, I realize this may be somewhat inflammatory, but the question has to be asked: Why did it take almost two years for this video to be released? More than that, with all the cries of preferential treatment being given to White members of law enforcement and the Blue Shield, I wonder what this incident has to say about that, that they protected an African American from public scrutiny for a felonious assault against an autistic child.

I believe, this incident, and many that I and others have linked recently all speak volumes about the current Social Justice Warrior crusade, in this case, more specifically the whole "Black Lives Matter" mantra. The current atmosphere in America (and that has been going on for several years now) has, I believe, DIRECTLY influenced this event, and many others that have been posted in recent months: The erasure of personal accountability. In all of these incidents, such as the University of Albany incident in which 3 Black Women made false police reports of a racial hate crime against them, for it only to be revealed later that they were the only ones guilty of assault and use of racial slurs, or the recent San Francisco University incident in which a Black woman accosted a White Man for having dread locks, or the Black man that made threats against White Students in Chicago because of the controversial police shooting of a Black Teenager who was high on drugs.

In all of the aforementioned cases, Black people were guilty of hate crimes (despite not one being charged as such), under the guise of Social Justice. All these incidents have 2 critical components that, in my view are only going to get worse in the future (already, there is a noticeable uptick in these sorts of crimes). The Social Justice movement is constantly and collectively shoving the "White people are oppressing Black people and other minorities" mantra down America's collective throat. That is one half of the justification for these sorts of incidents. The other half is the accountability bit I spoke of. In none of the above cases was their significant media coverage (and nowhere near what would have been covered had the roles in each been reversed). These two "justifications" coupled together are creating an ever increasing hostility in America, particularly towards White people. And the longer they go on, the further they reinforce themselves. The more racial incidents like this (Black on White) occur and receive no media coverage, and the more they are not prosecuted as hate crimes like they all should be (and in every single case, charges have been reduced) - the more incidents we are going to see. Sure, Black people that do these crimes may not CONSCIOUSLY think of these reasons (IE, a Black person committing a crime against a white person because they are white), but the atmosphere in the country is being picked up emotionally and mentally and is translating to more horrendous crimes like this white child who may be forever traumatized to go to school. They are going to think crimes against White people are not occurring, or that they are not occurring as much as they truly are because they are not covered by the media - and in the case they do see an incident, they are going to see that 1.) They will likely not be charged as a hate crime, 2.) Their charge may be reduced, 3.) All they have to do is feign anger because of "oppression" or 4.) Any combination of the above.

Apologies for the wall of text, this thought is much easier spoken than written, but I believe it to be true.

Discuss. As always, keep it civil.

Considering some of the cases we have seen more recently of Black students being mishandled by typically White Police Officers at school, do you all think this man should have been allowed to retire and collect on his pension? Should he even be receiving a pension?

Had this incident occurred the reverse, do you think the judge would have waited 2 years to release the tapes? Do you honestly think that if the races were reversed, it would have been as buried as this case was? Or are their any retorts to my line of thinking in that The Social Justice movement, which typically (read: pretty much always) has White people as oppressive of Blacks and other minorities - coupled with the erasure of personal accountability that has swept across the country (in pretty much all cases, see Ethan Couch) is going to lead to more crimes against White people? (forget the fact that the Black on White Crime rate dwarfs the White on Black Crime rate already). Do you think what I have stated is actually JUSTIFIED? Explain

Look forward to the discussion

www.washingtonpost.com... /

www.nbcnewyork.com...
edit on 8-4-2016 by chuck258 because: clarified childs severity of Autism and Parkers seemingly heartless attitude at the situation

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
He deserves a medal.

I'm writing his name in on the presidential ballot.

(post by ghostrager removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Added a couple more lines, including quotes from the man who punched the kid, and also clarified the child's level of autism

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Only Blacks matter.

Little white kid should have apologized.

/sarc

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Lawsuit?--I'd sue the sh#t out of that school.

The employee?--Hell.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Does anyone know why this autistic child made the statement that he did?
Or why he even attempted to punch the paraprofessional staff?

I'm not condoning what the paraprofessional did,what this man did was clearly unwarranted as the victim was a child.
I'm just curious if there are any sources that point towards a clear motive for the victim to provoke a savage punch to the face...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Yeah, the kid made a 'racial" remark.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Does anyone know why this autistic child made the statement that he did?
Or why he even attempted to punch the paraprofessional staff?

I'm not condoning what the paraprofessional did,what this man did was clearly unwarranted as the victim was a child.
I'm just curious if there are any sources that point towards a clear motive for the victim to provoke a savage punch to the face...

I've asked this question to myself as well, because regardless of the incident, it's important. No sources say, but I'm guessing the kid saw it so.ewhere, maybe even in school in an academic setting (if for example he was learning about the history of the civil rights movement). I heard a video of his father speaking, and he has a foreign accent. Further, his last name comes from the Netherlands, so maybe he heard about it from his father if he asked?

As for the kid striking out, we may never know, the video doesn't have any sound, we can't count on the kids memory due to his disability, and if the employee said something, you can be damned sure he would never fess up. (If he could have provoked the child by saying something)

There is also the possibility he struck out simply because of his disability. Going strictly by his age "faculties", it's not unreasonable to think a six year old could randomly strike out like he did.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Can we please set aside the disingenuous nature of this thread title?
It wasn't the "racial remark" the precipitated this kid getting hit by the adult, it was the kid striking the man in the face afterward. To classify this as "Oh, some black man couldn't take a little racist jab from an 11 year old with the metal capacity of a first grader" is patently ridiculous.

Now, the adult shouldn't have struck the kid. I'm not going to defend that, because it's indefensible unless the child is one hell of a big 11 year old. That said, when I was 11 I'd have gotten the piss knocked out of me for taking a swing at a teacher, and probably would have faced my fate three times.
1. Knocked on my butt by the targeted adult
2. The principal would have taken the "Board of Education" to my ass
3. My Dad would have lit up my backside like the 4th of July.

As a parent myself, I'd be livid at both my son and at the school employee in this case. Mainly, I'd be angry at the man for hitting the kid in the head/face... that's extreme. If this story had resulted in the adult taking the child over his knee and tenderizing his butt with a wooden spoon, shoe, hand, or belt: GOOD ON HIM!
But punches aren't discipline, they're defense... which this story is more than a little incomplete in regards to whether that degree of defense was warranted.

As a white guy who finds all this modern garbage about "white privilege" to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard and considers #BLM to be a bunch of whiny asshats who are just looking for an excuse to bitch (not to mention being funded by political interests), I find the attempt to present this as some type of racial issue on the part of the media and the adult to be distasteful and misplaced. If it had been a white adult and a black kid, sure... maybe the media would have had a field day, but then again maybe they wouldn't have. You really never know.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm not giving this bastard a pass, there is no justifying it.

Ever. As an educator, he knew better.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
He deserves a medal.

I'm writing his name in on the presidential ballot.

Thank goodness that will never happen...

www.leginfo.ca.gov...

Person under conservatorship is disqualified from voting if court determines that he or she is not capable of completing voter registration affidavit; must review their capability of completing the affidavit during the yearly or biennial review of conservatorship. CAL. PROB CODE § 1910. CAL. ELEC. CODE § 2208 and § 2209.

Now be a good boy and put on your helmet...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Can we please set aside the disingenuous nature of this thread title?
It wasn't the "racial remark" the precipitated this kid getting hit by the adult, it was the kid striking the man in the face afterward. To classify this as "Oh, some black man couldn't take a little racist jab from an 11 year old with the metal capacity of a first grader" is patently ridiculous.

Now, the adult shouldn't have struck the kid. I'm not going to defend that, because it's indefensible unless the child is one hell of a big 11 year old. That said, when I was 11 I'd have gotten the piss knocked out of me for taking a swing at a teacher, and probably would have faced my fate three times.
1. Knocked on my butt by the targeted adult
2. The principal would have taken the "Board of Education" to my ass
3. My Dad would have lit up my backside like the 4th of July.

As a parent myself, I'd be livid at both my son and at the school employee in this case. Mainly, I'd be angry at the man for hitting the kid in the head/face... that's extreme. If this story had resulted in the adult taking the child over his knee and tenderizing his butt with a wooden spoon, shoe, hand, or belt: GOOD ON HIM!
But punches aren't discipline, they're defense... which this story is more than a little incomplete in regards to whether that degree of defense was warranted.

As a white guy who finds all this modern garbage about "white privilege" to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard and considers #BLM to be a bunch of whiny asshats who are just looking for an excuse to bitch (not to mention being funded by political interests), I find the attempt to present this as some type of racial issue on the part of the media and the adult to be distasteful and misplaced. If it had been a white adult and a black kid, sure... maybe the media would have had a field day, but then again maybe they wouldn't have. You really never know.

I wrote the thread title as it is because of several reasons:
1.) Limited Space. I was honestly surprised when what I wrote in the title box worked after I clicked submit
2.) Something along the lines of "Black School Employee punches Autistic White Kid after being punched himself" A.) Sounds a bit awkward, B.) Doesn't address the root of what my point is. I'm not even necessarily talking about this incident itself, only the part it plays in the much bigger picture I described in the last 3/4 of my OP (That I feel incidents like this are under-represented and don't receive as much attention because of the so-called Social Justice movement)

Besides that however, I agree with your premise. Of course it was wrong that the kid said something like that. I never once insinuated otherwise. I do however think this is a unique case as well. The kid has a form of mental retardation, and thus you can't apply the same rubric to him as you would a normal 11 year old, or hell, even a normal 6 year old. When it says he has the mental capacity of only a 6 year old, it isn't literal. This kid may have emotional issues related to his autism that cause him to speak out what we consider inappropriately (Aspergers Syndrome for example). Hell, even looking at the kids swipe at Parker, it even LOOKS like a 6 year old threw it. Thus, all that stuff you talked about in spanking your child if he had done this is a moot point. It would have happened to me as well and probably most other posters on this board. That being said, none of us are Autistic like this kid. I don't have any special needs kids and none in my family are special needs, but something just tells me you don't spank an Autistic kid for acting out or even discipline him in the same way. That is a very important point you seem to be missing here.

As for if the media would have had a field day if the roles were reversed - if you can't see that they would have, I'm sorry, but you need to pay attention. Freaking college kids are calling the cops on Catholic Priests because they sometimes wear garments that look vaguely like KKK uniforms of the civil rights era 60 years ago - you can bet your bottom dollar that if a White educator had punched ANY Black special needs student in the head hard enough to give him a concussion and traumatize him enough to where he (the student) could no longer go to school, he would have had to leave town due to so many death threats, and that's IF he made bail, he would have been fired on the spot, lost his pension, the whole 9. Hell, most of that happened to Darren Wilson (minus the Pension part), who was cleared by ERIC HOLDERS FBI. Darren Wilson will never have a normal life again because of that day, and he had a clean shoot through and through. You can't sit their and honestly even think that that "might" happen to a White employee.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

There is also the possibility he struck out simply because of his disability. Going strictly by his age "faculties", it's not unreasonable to think a six year old could randomly strike out like he did.

Well this is kind of what I'm thinking... I have a cousin whom is severely autistic and at times when he's confronted with someone or situation he may not fully grasp and/or is agitated he lashes out violently most of the time the intent isn't to harm. It's just how they cope with situations like this. They don't say how severe the 11 year old's(now 13)autism is but from the sounds of things his linguistic ability hasn't been compromised so he's probably moderately autistic.
Just my opinion though.

But I'm also wondering if the para-professional may have said something to trigger this kid to get aggressive.
Anyway speculation aside if the story is true than I hope the family of this autistic child wins the case against this prick...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Well this is kind of what I'm thinking... I have a cousin whom is severely autistic and at times when he's confronted with someone or situation he may not fully grasp and/or is agitated he lashes out violently most of the time the intent isn't to harm. It's just how they cope with situations like this. They don't say how severe the 11 year old's(now 13)autism is but from the sounds of things his linguistic ability hasn't been compromised so he's probably moderately autistic.
Just my opinion though.

But I'm also wondering if the para-professional may have said something to trigger this kid to get aggressive.
Anyway speculation aside if the story is true than I hope the family of this autistic child wins the case against this prick...

I don't think we Will ever learn the truth. As I said before, we couldn't count on this kids testimony, he would say whatever keeps him out of "trouble" or whatever his father says. And if the employee did say something to provoke the kid into hitting him so he could "defend himself" he will never admit to it. Regardless of race or disabilitys here, yes he should have been fired.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The guy also has a prior record of assault and anger issues.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I have a couple of concerns about this thread.

What was a mentally damaged boy with a mental age of six years old doing at that school in the first place, and not in a special needs educational environment?

And why is this considered to be a white against black, black against white racial happening, despite what the kid said, when it is clearly about an adult man in a position of trust and authority comitting assualt against a child he was employed to protect and be responsible for?

edit on 9 4 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

because supposedly the kid made a racial remark or gesture he didn't like but I'm not sure.

the point is a man closed fist punched a special needs child and it gets even more dramatic is the above happens to be true

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Black Lives Matter...enough said

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Well...yeah, but how can something, anything a brain damaged child says or does ever warrant a grown man punching him as though he was going for a KO?

It can't.

Pure case of child abuse, and the man ought to have been treated as the criminal child abuser he is.

If he cannot control himself around children, even mouthy or problem children, he should never have been working with them.

I wonder how many other times he'd done something like this, and it never came to light?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join