It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Fed Respondent Sums It Up: “Anyone Saying We’re Not In Recession Is Peddling Fiction”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't care where the info came from the economy is barely recovering if at all.

Yes GNP, the rich getting richer.

It has nothing to do with the majority of people it has everything to do with the people at the top.
edit on 4/9/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I don't care where the info came from the economy is barely recovering if at all.

Yes GNP, the rich getting richer.

Regular people don't have investments overseas.

You don't care where "information" comes from you're only interested in propagating your own beliefs.

Fair enough.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Why would I care what the source is if the perspective is right?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Why would I care what the source is if the perspective is right?

That really says all that needs to be said:

"Who cares about what the truth is when beliefs are at stake?"

Seems you only like to ask questions that confirm yours.

Good day.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: xuenchen

A recession qualifies as 4 consecutive quarters or more of negative GDP growth.
The US hasn't had one such quarter since 2011; moreover, it has averaged 2.4% annual GDP growth from 2011-2015. Don't believe me and instead some protester/respondent, take a read here: Annual US GDP Growth: 2011-2015

Education, and not partisanship helps. The US economy is still the biggest in the world and nowhere near a recession. Maybe a view/read of yesterday's panel discussion with Yellen, Bernacke, Greenspan and Volcker would be of interest to you?

I think you are nipping too much KoolAde... know what makes up the GDP, there's a long list of new 'components'

one of which is Obamacare/ACA which affects up to 17% of the USA Economy
the healthcare mess is NOT producing any GDP, but is merely transferring wealth (ins/health policies/etc.)

the supposed GDP Growth, is not real but only the shifting of monies & assets to new sectors... our standard-of-living is sliding into a morass along with being more costly ... the exact opposite of a healthy & robust economy/GDP

... the Liars at the various statistics departments are the only creative Thinkers in the government... they are super good at putting lipstick-on-a-pig & polishing-a-turd... i.e. making the absurd appear to be what we wanted all along ( glitters & rainbows for everyone even as the wars & drones continue the slaughter)

edit on th30146020313109582016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Uh, maybe this is more akin to a stalling recovery?
See: www.dallasfed.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

So, every organization that doesn't agree with your personal take on the world is lying.

Check.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Anybody care to give us a definition of "recession"?

Anyone, anyone?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The technical definition is 4 consecutive quarters (a year) or more of negative GDP growth.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It says nothing I'm addressing an idea and your talking about the author.

Who cares about credible sources where discussing information at this point please give me a break.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Not sipping (not nipping) any kool-aid. I am an economist. A Ph.D in ag/resource economics from North Carolina State University in 2008. Want my dissertation on a revenue neutral externalities tax? I'll U2U the link, if you're interested. It's problematic when people soak up all the 'visions' of a particular ideology as it relates to macroeconomics, but I'll surely welcome anyone (particularly that one question blowhard) to challenge me on the facts. I see a lot of half-truths and personal biases leak through in this thread. It's a bit comical.

The liars that you talk about, I'm one of those people that ground truth the data. Stop with the outright disingenuous attacks on people who really have no horse in the race and instead are just doing a job they most likely enjoy.

Wanna talk the truth? Wanna discuss Yellen's recent backing off of the FED's quantitative easing? Bernacke's start at an interstate flea market off I-95 just as you enter South Carolina? I'm pretty sure he's not tied to some evil bankster's bloodlines. Wanna talk economics at all and not conjecture/innuendo/lies? I'm your man. Otherwise you get the one question stiff-arm.

Drink some vitamin water, it's much better for you than kool-aid.
edit on 9-4-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Dude, you're wasting your time trying to let facts speak the truth with one question. What I love about these threads that are always throwing in some "food stamps are at an all-time high" rhetoric is the fact people don't look any deeper into the situation. The role of population growth, the fact bureauracy is slow, etc. they simply and mindless spit out whatever Charles Krauthammer or Bill Kristol tells them is the truth. They don't even bother to understand that food stamps have a multiplier of well over 2 -- that is to say that for every food stamp dollar used 2 additional (productive, not made out of thin air dollars) are circulated into the economy. Economics is hard. It's an inexact social science, but it gives us the best information to make the best policies for a free and capitalistic economy.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I betcha that graph is feeding us sugar coated........like the NFP every first Friday is adjusted a week later.....every time

a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Wait wait wait a minute here before I see anyone else trying to peddle this mindless drivel here on ATS.

I'm tired of it I swear to god people on this website used to know this.

BLS

The labor participation rate has steadily declined every single year since 2006 according to this graph while simultaneously we are experiencing record numbers of people on food stamps and welfare.

Nothing to see here folks move along.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

a reply to: onequestion

It's not my problem for you to understand. You were wrong and keep trying to qualify your incorrect stance with talking points. Look I was right, pointed out your were wrong, and your refusal to acknowledge any of it is for me to say, "me one, you zero". Go find someone else to talk false paradigms with. Throw in some baseless assertions while you're at.

I'm out.

That's all you got?

I got a lot more than that, but I am afraid you lack the critical thinking skills to understand any of it. Not that your physical health is a concern of mine, but someone must surely care about you, so before I you reply I'm gonna make sure there's a burn unit close by and beds are available, because I'll burn you to a crisp with facts before you point out once were I have been wrong or lacked facts in this thread. Tread lightly. You've made yourself "Public Enemy of Complete Ignorance Number 1". Buckle up and pack sunburn if you dare come back at me, boy.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think I almost learned something in this thread...then this page happened. How does a thread on economics degrade so rapidly into grade-school bickering?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

All personal attacks no substance.

You haven't said anything in he entire thread thus far except personal attacks.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Maybe a view/read of yesterday's panel discussion with Yellen, Bernacke, Greenspan and Volcker would be of interest to you?

That was an interesting panel discussion, a gathering of the old school Fed representatives, the pied pipers of the banking community looking back on their tenure.
Reading between the lines perhaps some insight into the choreography that we could project from?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Nice try. But I brought ALL facts and, as ironic as it is, the personal started with you and the "mindless drivel". FAIL. You're dumber and more duplicitous than I could have ever imagined. Dude, you're making this entirely too easy. Got anything else? Score: me infinity, you zero.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Hmm, not sure, honestly. I think a lot of Bernanke and not much of Greenspan, so I'd prolly be bias. But, I do believe they are very comfortable with the underpinnings of the economy. If you look at aggregate demand, the signs of a continued recovery (and possibly a legit expansion) are there. The OP is nowhere near the truth and the US is the sole reason the economy in 2008 didn't turn into a global depression lasting 10 years or more. Your thought?
edit on 9-4-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: Deletion

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Nice try. But I brought ALL facts and, as ironic as it is, the personal started with you and the "mindless drivel". FAIL. You're dumber and more duplicitous than I could have ever imagined. Dude, you're making this entirely too easy. Got anything else? Score: me infinity, you zero.

As far as I can tell you haven't present an adequate rebuttal all you've done is call me dumb and ignorant instead of presenting a serious case for your position.

Your PhD has taught you nothing apparently.
edit on 4/9/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join