It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Primary Axiom or Evolution is just a lie and should be replaced by Intelligent Design

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

On this matter, opinions don't matter - facts do.

And not just this thread either.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

On this matter, opinions don't matter - facts do.

And not just this thread either.

in this forum, neither of those things matter. if they did, this matter would have been settled long ago.
edit on 11-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It's true that facts don't seem to matter as long as points are being driven home. But I'm not sure abiding by facts would be enough settle the matter here

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It's true that facts don't seem to matter as long as points are being driven home. But I'm not sure abiding by facts would be enough settle the matter here

and it would appear that most of the baiters have gotten bored and wandered off. was intelligent design ever demonstrated as superior to evolutionary theory? i might have missed it - no, i didnt. guess this thread was yet another bust.

until the next round, then...
edit on 14-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Indeed

Good talk, I'll see you in there..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

and it would appear that most of the baiters have gotten bored and wandered off. was intelligent design ever demonstrated as superior to evolutionary theory? i might have missed it - no, i didnt. guess this thread was yet another bust.

Never bored - Humnan intelligence is still possible - but it is difficult to attain - Man's intelligence does not come easy.

Let us hope it is still possible.

Again - Intelligent Design and Evolution are in no way exclusionary - In fact they are interdependent - You can not have
Evolution without accepting that it is directional, has a purpose and a meaning - Evolution is a form of Intelligent Design
- It says there is a process of Evolution occurring - A process that has meaning and direction

EVOLUTION IS A FORM OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN

You could not have Evolution if there was not an intelligent mind to perceive and define it. That mind is the same mind
that can also perceive Intelligent Design - Our science has no way to define or comprehend a universe that is not based
upon scientific principles and facts that are verifiable - We live in a universe that possesses intelligent design and meaning.

"I Am Existence - I Exist because without me nothing can exist - And nothing can not Exist"
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

Never bored - Humnan intelligence is still possible - but it is difficult to attain - Man's intelligence does not come easy.

Let us hope it is still possible.

Again - Intelligent Design and Evolution are in no way exclusionary - In fact they are interdependent - You can not have
Evolution without accepting that it is directional, has a purpose and a meaning - Evolution is a form of Intelligent Design
- It says there is a process of Evolution occurring - A process that has meaning and direction

EVOLUTION IS A FORM OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN

You could not have Evolution if there was not an intelligent mind to perceive and define it. That mind is the same mind
that can also perceive Intelligent Design - Our science has no way to define or comprehend a universe that is not based
upon scientific principles and facts that are verifiable - We live in a universe that possesses intelligent design and meaning.

"I Am Existence - I Exist because without me nothing can exist - And nothing can not Exist"
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...

It always disappoints me to see proponents of intelligent design hijacking legitimate science to support an unrelated and unfounded hypothesis. God needs evolution, but evolution does not need a god.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

i watched a documentary about these people who tunelled down into a cave that had never seen light, and in the water were these tadpole like creatures with no eyes, however they developed the eyes because of the light that was now coming in, this documetary showed it actually happen, it was amazing. why cant intelligent design, design something that can adjust to its surroundings and improve anyway, that really is intelligent design isnt it?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

God needs evolution, but evolution does not need a god.

God doesn't need you, but you need God.

He is gracious enough that he has continued to lend you his Spirit so you may continue to live; He still has hope in you. No longer be the "king of separation" ("TzarChasm"), just love and suspend your disbelief - your eyes will open to the Truth.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

God needs evolution, but evolution does not need a god.

God doesn't need you, but you need God.

He is gracious enough that he has continued to lend you his Spirit so you may continue to live; He still has hope in you. No longer be the "king of separation" ("TzarChasm"), just love and suspend your disbelief - your eyes will open to the Truth.

no, i need oxygen. there is a difference.

so are you going to (try to) prove evolution is a lie?
edit on 16-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

no, i need oxygen. there is a difference.

the body's mini-combustion engines (mitochondria) need oxygen - which the plants provide. The plants then need our exhaust (CO2) to forego their business. We eat plants, and plants 'eat' what results from us consuming them (poop [fertilizer])
- A very well designed system

so are you going to (try to) prove evolution is a lie?

When I experience love I realize the reality of such an emotion - makes me realize that debating scientific theory is like a bad dream. You realize the futility of pursuing fleshly things (which ultimately results in the grave), why not pursue things beyond the flesh? Love is surely a Good place to start.
edit on 16-5-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

the body needs oxygen to fuel the mini-combustion engines (mitochondria) - which the plants provide. The plants then need our exhaust (CO2) to forego their business - A very well designed system

putting the trachea next to the esophagus? not so much.

When I experience love I realize the reality of such an emotion - makes me realize that debating scientific theory is like a bad dream. You realize the futility of pursuing fleshly things (which ultimately results in the grave), why not pursue things beyond the flesh? Love is surely a Good place to start.

"pursue things beyond the flesh" you are just as bound to your mortal coil as the rest of us. you need food, you need water, oxygen, a means to evacuate your waste, protection from the elements, periodic rest. you experience fear, excitement, hatred, doubt, grief...whether you give your brain permission or not. you cannot escape the chemicals and materials that make you possible.
edit on 16-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

From what I understand, this is why the fall of man coincided with the act of eating - generating an overall weakness in the system

"pursue things beyond the flesh" you are just as bound to your mortal coil as the rest of us.

I never claimed I wasn't. I was simply stating that some people pursue material prowess their whole life; which by your statement regarding 'all going to the grave', I know you know that such pursuits are futile. Whereas there is hope in Virtue and Love - These ideals, in the world of Form (as Plato refers to it), "reside" in a pneumatic, Spiritual world.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

if the spirit of god is in us all, does that mean that we are all god, or is there a duality at war within us? (so to speak)
are the spirit and the soul separate entities. or are we just conscious awareness expressing ourselves in a physical body and when we are finished with these bodies, do we take all we have learned and go back into a collective consciousness or awareness............. just some questions im always asking myself

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Love is nothing more than a chemical reaction. All we experience regarding emotions is nothing more than chemical reactions. We can't take love to our graves anymore than we can take material possessions. However we should treat people well because by doing so we can all enjoy our short time here better.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

From what I understand, this is why the fall of man coincided with the act of eating - generating an overall weakness in the system

"pursue things beyond the flesh" you are just as bound to your mortal coil as the rest of us.

I never claimed I wasn't. I was simply stating that some people pursue material prowess their whole life; which by your statement regarding 'all going to the grave', I know you know that such pursuits are futile. Whereas there is hope in Virtue and Love - These ideals, in the world of Form (as Plato refers to it), "reside" in a pneumatic, Spiritual world.

Okay. And what does that have to do with evolution?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Love is nothing more than a chemical reaction.

With that logic, it is the keyboard that is generating these words right now. But, the logical person will realize that it is the User typing the words - the keyboard is simply the tool. So too, the body is the tool for spirit's expression.

originally posted by: Davg80
if the spirit of god is in us all, does that mean that we are all god

"You are gods - you are all sons of the Most High"

With that being said, be careful regarding your ego, Icarus

or is there a duality at war within us? (so to speak)

I believe this is true also. duality, the internal conflict, must be resolved in order to realize our inheritance from the Father:

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female... then you will enter the Kingdom."

...are we just conscious awareness expressing ourselves in a physical body and when we are finished with these bodies, do we take all we have learned and go back into a collective consciousness or awareness

I agree. I look at the body compared to the spirit as I do the caterpillar compared to the butterfly. The body is helpful for our soul/spirit to develop and assimilate into the Father's Kingdom, just like a caterpillar is a necessary stage to develop into a butterfly. Just like a butterfly is technically the "Son of a caterpillar", so too is the "Son of Man" our spiritual birth into the Kingdom. A caterpillar that dies a caterpillar has been unsuccessful, and has missed the point of life - this is sin, "to miss the mark".

Some will assimilate after death into the Kingdom, but a select few will believe and live the life of Christ and will Cross/Passover into the Kingdom within their lifetime

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

What spirit? There no evidence of a spirit. We have a brain that allows us to speak and communicate. We have evidence of the brain and chemicals and how they react creating emotion. No evidence of a spirit.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

pretty rare to see a Christian reference Thomas

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

What spirit? There no evidence of a spirit. We have a brain that allows us to speak and communicate. We have evidence of the brain and chemicals and how they react creating emotion. No evidence of a spirit.

"I Am" is self-evident.

originally posted by: Akragon

pretty rare to see a Christian reference Thomas

I try to encourage all people to read it! It clears up some ambiguity of the Orthodox Gospels, while also retaining the genuine Christian Philosophy. A few of the sayings may seem unorthodox, but meticulous analysis can make sense of it all in my opinion.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join