It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Primary Axiom or Evolution is just a lie and should be replaced by Intelligent Design

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Exactly. That is why I am here
An Fhirinne in aghaidh an tSaoil and all that
Also Process Development Chemistry requires a certain robustness which allows for long periods of boredom

edit on 14-4-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: flyingfish

originally posted by: Phantom423

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: WASTYT

www.icr.org...

Did you really just cite ICR?

That's a bad job. I mean, there's no way anyone you're trying to convince will take anything from that site seriously. It's a well known propaganda and biased, "organization". Come on, you should know better.

Give me a break LOL!

When I hear stuff like this, it usually means people can't debate the issue so instead of debating they want to say EVERYTHING is discredited from a source.

So you have read and sourced every article on ICR?

So the only ones that have an agenda is sites that reach a different conclusion than you do. I see this any time something is listed from a Creationist website. I go to creationist website as well as Darwinists websites. I just find it odd, that everytime a site that's ran by Creationist is mentioned EVERYTHING on the site must be a lie.

That's just nonsense.

If it's a lie, explain why it's a lie. Blanket indictments show a lack of understanding and the ability to argue a point.

Hhahaha exactly! It's laughable that we put up with their evolution propaganda sources, yet when we cite people who are arguing against such, it is blindly dismissed without consideration. This is why you can't argue with these people.

I know.

They list these things with zero context or commentary as it relates to the topic being discussed. This is because there's no answer to the questions so they can't articulate a response. So they say go fish.

Neither one of you is capable of arguing the topic. You couldn't pass a Genetics or Molecular Biology 101 course. You don't even get the terminology correct most of the time.

ok...then why are you still here arguing with them?

d'oh!

Good question. And I'm done with this thread. Thanks for reminding me that my own work IN A REAL LAB, WITH REAL DATA, REAL SCIENTISTS AND HONEST RESULTS, is more important than arguing with scammers and extremists.

Don't go! Denigration of science and the purposeful propagation of misinformation by creationist must not stand.
I know creationist can be frustrating in their eternal denial but less not forget the readers. Keep correcting them, you may not get through, but the readers can look up the facts for themselves an see the deception of creationist propaganda regardless of denial.
Deception is their Achilles heel and is proving to be their downfall as world wide religion declines. In a way, it's good they raise their ugly heads in forums like this, so that we may shine a spotlight on their dishonesty, effectively removing the god head.

its a conspiracy forum. these threads make as much difference as uploading a video on youtube.

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

www.icr.org...

That's a bad job. I mean, there's no way anyone you're trying to convince will take anything from that site seriously. It's a well known propaganda and biased, "organization". Come on, you should know better.

Give me a break LOL!

When I hear stuff like this, it usually means people can't debate the issue so instead of debating they want to say EVERYTHING is discredited from a source.

So the only ones that have an agenda is sites that reach a different conclusion than you do. I see this any time something is listed from a Creationist website. I go to creationist website as well as Darwinists websites. I just find it odd, that everytime a site that's ran by Creationist is mentioned EVERYTHING on the site must be a lie.

That's just nonsense.

If it's a lie, explain why it's a lie. Blanket indictments show a lack of understanding and the ability to argue a point.

Hhahaha exactly! It's laughable that we put up with their evolution propaganda sources, yet when we cite people who are arguing against such, it is blindly dismissed without consideration. This is why you can't argue with these people.

I know.

They list these things with zero context or commentary as it relates to the topic being discussed. This is because there's no answer to the questions so they can't articulate a response. So they say go fish.

Neither one of you is capable of arguing the topic. You couldn't pass a Genetics or Molecular Biology 101 course. You don't even get the terminology correct most of the time.

ok...then why are you still here arguing with them? D'oh!

Because if they are not confronted with real facts then some might think that that their BS has a basis in fact. Which it does not.

see above response.

I do not agree..
I know several members who have abandoned creationism and other pseudoscientific woo because of knowledge they have gleaned from these forums.

and what has the world gained from this?

A beautiful thing...

One less brainwashed creationist.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

Its not the hard charger creationists, who are just zealots, and not worth the effort. It is the normal person who is seeking information whom I post here for.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: flyingfish

Its not the hard charger creationists, who are just zealots, and not worth the effort. It is the normal person who is seeking information whom I post here for.

Exactly

Keep up the good work!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

a reply to: neoholographic

are you really comparing the mechanics of a soda machine to genetic sequencing?

may i ask where exactly you got your education in genetics and biology?

It illustrates my point beautifully. You know why? I understand what I'm talking about.

I can articulate a position and expound upon it. Look at the post I was responding to. There's no understanding. There isn't an articulate response just a bunch of inane rambling then a lot of copying and pasting.

Look at the beautiful post of mine. Doesn't it just give you goosebumps? It's a post that articulates a position and shows understanding of that position.

You guy say Go to the lab LOL, which is a way of saying that everyone on the thread is to dumb to understand this but the truth is, you and others don't understand what you're saying because you haven't articulated a coherent position.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

www.icr.org...

Give me a break LOL!

That's just nonsense.

I know.

d'oh!

Good question. And I'm done with this thread. Thanks for reminding me that my own work IN A REAL LAB, WITH REAL DATA, REAL SCIENTISTS AND HONEST RESULTS, is more important than arguing with scammers and extremists.

Don't go! Denigration of science and the purposeful propagation of misinformation by creationist must not stand.
I know creationist can be frustrating in their eternal denial but less not forget the readers. Keep correcting them, you may not get through, but the readers can look up the facts for themselves an see the deception of creationist propaganda regardless of denial.
Deception is their Achilles heel and is proving to be their downfall as world wide religion declines. In a way, it's good they raise their ugly heads in forums like this, so that we may shine a spotlight on their dishonesty, effectively removing the god head.

its a conspiracy forum. these threads make as much difference as uploading a video on youtube.

www.icr.org...

Give me a break LOL!

That's just nonsense.

I know.

Because if they are not confronted with real facts then some might think that that their BS has a basis in fact. Which it does not.

see above response.

I do not agree..
I know several members who have abandoned creationism and other pseudoscientific woo because of knowledge they have gleaned from these forums.

A beautiful thing...

a very tiny ripple in the long stream of things.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

www.icr.org...

Give me a break LOL!

That's just nonsense.

I know.

d'oh!

www.icr.org...

Give me a break LOL!

That's just nonsense.

I know.

see above response.

I do not agree..

A beautiful thing...

Indeed.. but the numbers don't lie. It may take a generation but the creationist will go extinct unless they ironically... Evolve!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
the origin of life, evolution and intelligent design are not necessarily competing ideas to me

one possible explanation is life was created by "____", complete with a DNA molecule, and has been allowed to evolve into what we see today

I was a biotech major for 2 years until life interrupted me, and I will never forget the lecture I was attending on mitosis, and the professor said something along the lines of "here you see the spindle fibers randomly separating the chromatids which is the engine of species variety" but I am paraphrasing a lecture from 1985, so please bear with me...

I remember thinking "how do we know its random ? maybe its gods hand ?"

simply put, the more I studied the science, the more I had to leave room for god

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It illustrates my point beautifully. You know why? I understand what I'm talking about.

i understand that you have questions. im just not convinced you have answers.

I can articulate a position and expound upon it. Look at the post I was responding to. There's no understanding. There isn't an articulate response just a bunch of inane rambling then a lot of copying and pasting.

yes, its almost like questions have been answered previously and can therefore be referred to. by copying and pasting them. for your dismissal.

Look at the beautiful post of mine. Doesn't it just give you goosebumps? It's a post that articulates a position and shows understanding of that position.

i think you like reading your own work a little too much. especially since its misleading.

You guy say Go to the lab LOL, which is a way of saying that everyone on the thread is to dumb to understand this but the truth is, you and others don't understand what you're saying because you haven't articulated a coherent position.

perhaps you havent quite grasped this, but it really doesnt matter. this website could shut down at midnight tonight and evolutionary theory would still be going strong next year. i daresay evolution will outlast your lifetime and many lifetimes to come.
edit on 14-4-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

www.icr.org...

Give me a break LOL!

That's just nonsense.

I know.

d'oh!

www.icr.org...

Give me a break LOL!

That's just nonsense.

I know.

see above response.

I do not agree..

A beautiful thing...

Indeed.. but the numbers don't lie. It may take a generation but the creationist will go extinct unless they ironically... Evolve!

we will ALL go extinct, one way or another. whether evolution eradicates us or an asteroid resets the earth or the sun swallows it before its own demise, our little chunk of reality will be a footnote in the cosmic scheme.
edit on 14-4-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.....

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

www.icr.org...

Give me a break LOL!

That's just nonsense.

I know.

d'oh!

www.icr.org...

Give me a break LOL!

That's just nonsense.

I know.

see above response.

I do not agree..

A beautiful thing...

With this one post you show that you don't understand how evolution works......think about it bud, kind of ironic.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Where did I say this? We're talking about TRIM5-CypA and you somehow make the leap that I'm saying molecular events for mutation are rare.

You said it several times, and I quoted it in the post to which you responded.

You repeatedly try to make out that the article (discussing the underlying paper) claimed mutation event that resulted in the NEW gene TRIM5-CypA was a rare event. It is NOT a rare event, and the paper does not imply that.

The fact that the mutation occurred twice in two different species is a rare event.

The first time I pointed our your mistake you posted the cherry picked sentence and insisted it was discussing the single mutation event. I corrected you again. You claimed I did not read the article and posted the sentence again.

It is extremely ignorant of you to ask me to point out your incompetence when the evidence is recorded in the earlier pages of the thread. That is the behavior of a troll who doesn't give a sh*t about communicating ideas and cares only about stirring up maximum ignorance.

The motto of ATS is 'Deny Ignorance' and it is a great goal to aspire to. You have no role to play in the communication of truth. the expansion of conscienceness or the denial of ignorance. You have nothing except a need to metaphorically poke your finger into peoples eyes to make them notice you.

I am no longer interested in feeding this particular troll.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jsm318
Photosynthetic plants and algae would not be here today without the ancient event whereby a heterotrophic eukaryotic organism engulfed and retained a photosynthetic cyanobacterium. This is evolution, supported with an overwhelming amount of data.

First as a reminder I refer to my first reply to this and then my second reply (below the last video).

I'd like to remind you that there are those posting in this thread that are avoiding using these type of obvious myths as so-called "evidence of evolution". You might want to take note of that since people like you are their target, these really obvious myths will only get taught to you as "fact" or "science" (etc.) when there's no one around to help you discover or find out how to come to the conclusion that they are unsupported myths.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

This is what the OP has done, he is using the unscientific version of the word and using it to form conclusions about biological evolution.

Yes, he/she/it has been doing exactly that from the beginning. When I explained the scientific meaning of the word 'evolution' and compared it to the common generic meaning, he/she/it claimed I was asserting exactly the opposite of what I was saying. You can't win with this troll.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Dear Darwin,

What would a T-Rex say, if it found out it is now a chicken?

Also, I have a head of cabbage but I would really like an artichoke, how much radiation do I need to change it and how long will it take?

TIA.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeisGrand

In fact the very first motion picture with motion and color and sound was entitled "The PhotoDrama of Creation". And never did it espouse Creationism, although it was over 8 hours long, and was shown to 10's of millions of people in 1914.

A lot of what it said is still a lot more accurate than what they got today.
edit on 15-4-2016 by LifeisGrand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
SO I challenge you to be intellectually honest here.

Man this song is sooo good why am I enjoying it so much...nature did it?

I'm gonna catch me a peppered moth and prove that things change over time when it dies when I glue it to a tree (to pretend trees and camouflage has anything to do with my story and get people to think about that).

On 2nd thought, nah, that's mean just for selling myths as peer reviewed "science", let's just start a society and lobby with the politicians to control how people think about this subject by controlling state education and only tell the myths, we'll leave experimentation to the ones who wanna waste money, we'll just use our mind and imagination and then bring up their work as we attach our own version of the myth. Then give eachother awards to maintain the illusion we're making progress.

edit on 15-4-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeisGrand

You do realize that you are falling into the pattern of name-calling everyone who believes in an intelligent designer a "creationist."

Even the very website has a forum called "Origins and Creationism" in their propaganda. Trying to lead us to believe that either you believe in evolution or you are a creationist.

Did you know that is not the case?

Did you know that creationists make up a very very small amount of people who believe in a Creator?

Did you?

This website would like you to think that is not the case, and you would like everyone to think that is not the case.

But you and ATS would be wrong.

And neither of of would admit it.

First of all, ATS is run by admitted atheists.

They have something to gain by propagating the mythic lie that if you believe in intelligent design, you are a creationist, just like you do.

In fact, if you knew that most people who logically and soundly believe in a Creator do NOT believe in Creationism it would either blow your mind, or expose your true agenda.

Hear, hear.

Perhaps you could even swap out "intelligent design" at the end for "design and creation by an intelligent Creator and designer" (but perhaps you were thinking like me that that's a bit long). And next time make a mention that the words "creationism" and "creationist" were introduced and popularized by young earth creationists and young earth creationism, then other people conveniently started capitalizing on the ambiguity of language again to start using these words to refer to everyone who has come to the logically correct/factual/conclusive/definitive/certain/true/absolute/authoritative/errorless/infallibe/irrefutable/valid/undeniable conclusion of and thus reasonable belief in creation and design regarding the origin of life; the main topic of those referring to "Intelligent Design" but certainly not unrelated to what some refer to as "biological evolution" since the myths, core philosophy and techniques used to sell myths regarding both topics overlap. But I've said enough about that last thing and people have done enough twisting about that. And of course young earth creationists won't object to this* being done (*: the capitalization on the ambiguity of language and lumping everything together to beef up their own* case for 'nature did it', to feel more confident about it as well; *: sorry for the switch back to philosophical naturalists and Pantheists/Mother Nature-worshippers in the closet, I hope it doesn't confuse anyone). They even go along with it, including some who call themselves "Intelligent Design proponents".

Yeah, I know, I use too many words for clarity because of those who like to twist what I'm saying, or twist what they're saying themselves and then play innocent as if they were just clarifying things, while they were doing the opposite as described by Isaiah 5:20. And then repeat their previous twist again and again. Called out on it, then twist again and play innocent, and in the same comment twist again and play the same card (argument) as before. It's almost unbelievable if the behaviour wasn't described in the bible. They even contradict themselves, not just in one argument, but when there's a lot of comments in between and people forgot about what card they were playing initially (in this case a hidden ad hominem in an attempt to discredit the views of and the one being responded to and supposedly corrected on his usage of the word "evolution"). And all the time pretending to either not read what you're saying at all, or twist it again to what they want to hear (or want other people to hear, one straw man and red herring after another, it's an endless stream of propagandistic techniques that work so effectively on those who choose to remain ignorant about propaganda techniques like these because what they're hearing is tickling their ears, what they want to hear, 2 Timothy 4:3,4). Hardly anyone seems to care anymore about these techniques being in use cause no one gets called out on it cause then they use the technique of playing innocent and painting you as making unreasonable accusations and not having an argument, quoting TerryDon79:

So now you're saying I'm lieing?
It has not been about deception.
...I have discredited the work on that website...I said the website you were using is biased. [whereislogic: which was the limit of his 'dicrediting', without giving us a single logical reason to conclude that it is biased or more importanly dishonestly biased, he just called it "religious" and then waved his 'magic stick of truth', so-called "science" around which others claim not to be using at all, oh no, totally dishonest metaphor of what they're doing, but calling DNA code a metaphor is OK again of course. And then call you a science denier for denying myths called "science" while they accept myths and deny real science/knowledge and the very meaning and history of the word "science" (from the Latin "scientia", meaning "knowledge", which is a familiarity with facts or that which is factual/absolute; at least I haven't seen a clear incident of the philosophy that 'science does not deal with absolutes' yet, but it's constantly in the back of their minds). And before they do their twist again, DNA code as it is found in the genomes of living organisms. I hate having to spell everything out to avoid the possible twist of what I'm saying by bringing up meaningless pieces of DNA that are therefore not a code. Or even doing more complicated games conflating the 2 ways DNA can be observed and looked at.]

And I wanted to quote some quotes from others with similar behaviour when called out on some propaganda technique they just used to discredit something or someone but perhaps I should add those later to this thread.
edit on 15-4-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join