It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Primary Axiom or Evolution is just a lie and should be replaced by Intelligent Design

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The articles you presented are filibusters at best. They cannot explain the blatant impossibility of evolving all 4 of these major requirements for a sustainable living organism.

Lol. I'd say confirmation bias confirmed here, but we've talked in the past and I already know about your confirmation bias.

By the way, I'm not a science professor, and if you TRULY wanted the answer to that question (which I know you don't since you are trying to trap me with a "gotcha" question) you'd go ask one.

It's always funny how denialists pretend like just because they have the capability to ask a question that suddenly means the concept isn't true.
edit on 11-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LifeisGrand

Like I said earlier. Better stop going to the doctors. Clearly none of that medicine should work.

There's one of the reasons I agree with Professor Shapiro that "Darwinian evolution has functioned more as a philosophical belief system than as a testable scientific hypothesis." The notion that somehow evolutionary philosophies influence the way medicines are developped. I take the words of the neurosurgeon in this video at 1:30 who says that doctors don't need to study evolution to practice medicine a lot more seriously than you grasping at straws:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

You lost all credit for you words as soon as you posted that fraudulent documentary.

Relevance of evolution: medicine

Evolution and medicine: the long reach of "Dr. Darwin"

The Importance of Evolution for Medicine

Not sure why you wouldn't believe that a scientific concept can't be used to make modern life easier. We can use electrical theory to harness electricity and run your computer, but applying evolutionary theory to developing medicines is completely silliness. You deniers are so inconsistent with your selective logic.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

you lost yours when you named yourself "Krazy..."

Just adding more pieces of propaganda about the same argument isn't going to change that sadly, but I'm sure it's doing wonders on those already biased towards your view of reality. I still prefer to learn from a neurosurgeon than you or Dawkins (still haven't figured out what contributions Dawkins has made to science).
edit on 11-4-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Ohhh nice. Stooping to childish ad hominem insults about people's screennames.

Just adding more pieces of propaganda about the same argument isn't going to change that sadly, bu I'm sure it's doing wonders on those already biased towards your view of reality. Still prefer to learn from a neurosurgeon than you or Dawkins (still haven't figured what contributions Dawkins has made to science).

Lol you are calling an actual scientific study and educational material "propaganda" after having posted a YouTube video documentary that is the textbook definition of propaganda? You are clearly lost in your confirmation bias. Though I wonder why your nureosurgeon is somehow more credible than the scientists that wrote my sources (one of which, I will remind you, is a scientific study). Oh right, because he agrees with you.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: whereislogic

Ohhh nice. Stooping to childish ad hominem insults about people's screennames.

And you said people who follow religion don't deserve medical care because they disagree with Evolution. From watching these posts it seems nobody is free of taking little digs at each other.

I've come to the conclusion that these posts go nowhere. Ever.

Evolutionists will never accept anything outside of the theory.
Advocates for Intelligent Design will never be taken seriously because.... "science"

End.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

No I NEVER said that. I made a logical statement that if you don't believe in evolution you must also not believe in modern medicine since modern medicine relies on evolutionary theory. So LOGICALLY one should distrust both, not that they aren't entitled to use it. Of course those hypocrites are going to deny evolution turn around and take advantage of the benefits it supplies without any questions.

It's the same reason the faithful are always going on about praying diseases away or whatever but then send their children to the hospital as soon as they get sick. It's because we all know deep down that these things work and science is on the right track, we are just playing pretend by saying that isn't the case.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Nothing 'logical' in equating evolution with modern medicine.

One is theoretical which merits debate. The other is more empirical, result orientated. If one 'believes' in evolution, as you post, it has the same weight as belief in intelligent design, both rely on 'belief'. Theoretical.

It seems almost a given you take a thread off topic.....

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Nothing 'logical' in equating evolution with modern medicine.

Why not? Explain yourself. What parts of evolutionary theory don't apply to medicine exactly?

One is theoretical which merits debate. The other is more empirical, result orientated. If one 'believes' in evolution, as you post, it has the same weight as belief in intelligent design, both rely on 'belief'. Theoretical.

All of science is empirical AND theoretical. This is a nonsense statement.

It seems almost a given you take a thread off topic.....

Except it isn't. Especially since I posted links backing my claims up. Maybe take your foot out of your mouth for a second and actually read the links I provide before opening your mouth and sticking your foot in it? Feet are made for walking not eating.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You really should be proud.

Take the arms of the Inquisition. That is what you are.

Main anyone who thinks different that what you have been taught.

Especially if it is truth. May they be burned at a stake, correct?

And don't even think about reason.

You, if you were born 3 centuries ago, you would be burning heretics at the stake, and sleep happy at night.

I will let you in on something. They did not end up happy, And you will not either.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Evolution is truly the BIG LIE.We're a product of intelligence not any random process.

Intelligent design is the hipster younger brother of agnosticism.

Evolution is not exclusive to biology. Stars go through evolution as well; they all start their lives in the same way but mass dictates how they will evolve. The blue supergiants live fast and die young, main sequence stars like ours will live a long and healthy life. Some stars will explode in a supernova, some will become super heavy neutron stars...Mass is the universes' DNA.

If humanity is intelligently designed then the maker was clearly drunk.

edit on 11-4-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I think this is a pretty close-minded perspective. If it were intelligent design, where did they go wrong? Biologically speaking the Human body is a miracle all in itself.

You can't blame creation for the problems of society we see today. From a purely biological standpoint, how exactly do you think you could improve on the various species of life we see today?

The poster you are replying to claimed that humans are poorly biologically designed. Anyone with an engineering background would understand.

For instance, two separate input channels designed to receive two separate types of input should never be connected. You run the risk of one input type slipping through the wrong channel and, therefore, winding up in the wrong place (especially if the input channels are connect near the area where the input is received). Human beings have such a problem: the esophagus and trachea (input channels) are connected at the point where input is received (air and food). This arrangement can result in the choking of a person through no fault of their own.

That is a glaringly poor design that any designer with intelligence would have foreseen as an issue.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Not even close. It only makes people, who will not listen to reason, listen to the cousin of reason.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeisGrand

You, if you were born 3 centuries ago, you would be burning heretics at the stake, and sleep happy at night.

I will let you in on something. They did not end up happy, And you will not either.

Arguing and explaining facts online is equivalent to burning people at the stake? Are you serious? You are aware that it was the RELIGIOUS folks that were responsible for torturing and brutally killing people for not following their faith, regardless of what empirical evidence shows.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Don't bite. He's just angry he had a post removed for trolling me.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Negative. Evolution applies to biological organisms only. Otherwise you are equivocating terms that mean different things. Evolution can mean the biological theory (the one that's proven) or it can mean the layman's definition of simple change over time, which pretty much everything does. Since we are speaking science, you should use the scientific version or be more accurate in your description. ID isn't even close to agnosticism, it's pure assumption, while agnosticism is admitting we don't know the answer to the god question.
edit on 4 11 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: LifeisGrand

Arguing and explaining facts online is equivalent to burning people at the stake? Are you serious? You are aware that it was the RELIGIOUS folks that were responsible for torturing and brutally killing people for not following their faith, regardless of what empirical evidence shows.

You are the one who have not been paying attention.

People who believe in evolution are the same as the Catholic Inquisition. Correct?

Answer one of the OP's questions. They have been stated many times. You cannot because you cannot.

Just like the Catholics of old you would rather main and murder your fellowman, would you not? Do you not have hatred for those who understand that which you do not?

It is simple. Really.

You are all the same.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The Op lost me quite early in his post, because his claims didn't make sense. He isn't really even arguing against evolution. Where is his rebuttal of all the current evidence that supports evolutionary theory? You can't argue against science without showing evidence of why it's wrong OR evidence of an alternative theory. Thus far, I haven't seen anything but slander and straw mans, to be honest. I don't need to answer absurd questions, he needs to show evidence that the scientific claims about evolution are wrong, even though there are hundreds to thousands of research papers and experiments that support it.

I just glanced through the OP. He didn't ask any questions, he made blatantly wrong statements and claims. Is there a specific thing you want addressed? I've debunked crap like that many times in my day. Give me a specific claim of his that is backed by evidence and conflicts with evolution and I'll be happy to address it. I just haven't seen anything yet aside from fallacies, confirmation bias and ignorance about what the theory of evolution actually says. I missed a few pages in the middle of the thread so who knows, maybe he changed from false claims to legitimately addressing the science, but I've never seen this done, so I very much doubt it. Which claim has not been answered?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Then just answer one of his questions.

I grow tired of waiting

If you have the answer then answer it.

I am no one. I am just watching and observing and no one has answered any one of his questions.

I have a lot, lot, a lot more.

And no one, nonetheless you, have answered them. You have no idea what they are, do you? Nothing has brought you to the presence of mind to thing of it. Perhaps because nothing is behind it.

If you want to engage me more, perhaps we will be. But it will not be what you expect.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Name a single claim he has made that hasn't been addressed and I will debunk it. I haven't seen anything that needs to be answered, only lies and false claims that have already been answered. You seem adamant about evolution being wrong and equate agreeing with science to burning people at the stake, so surely you can at least give me one claim or debunk ONE piece of evolutionary evidence. Or are you just completely ignorant of the science like the OP?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join