It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media narrative is beginning to turn against Cruz

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am beginning to see stories in the MSM about how terrible Cruz's tour of New York is - worded as though he is literally being run out of town. As with trump its seems like the same events and the same stories are being rehashed all over the place.

Now some of the stories seem to be true based on videos and the news papers in NY certainly seem to have turned on him.

But then I saw this:

Then I saw this:

It appears there is a coordinated approach to casting Cruz's 'New York values' statements as anti-semitic. This is a joke and the same tactics that were used against Trump to take him down.

This is looking more and more like a Clinton driven media acting as attack dogs against any Republican threat in order to clear her path.

If Cruz does win a brokered convention then I rather hope these sick tactics backfire and convince Trump supporters to pile behind Cruz to rout Hillary Clinton in the General. I would hope all Trump supporters would reject these Anti-Semitic slurs against Cruz and see it for what it is.

edit on 8/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This is all going as planned.

The Republicans are desperate to take down Trump AND Cruz.

They don't want either of these guys so they will do whatever they can to destroy these two men and foist some Establishment schmuck like Kasich on their constituents.

The Republicans hated Cruz long before Trump came along.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

New York is Trump and Clinton country. Cruz's smart ass remark has backfired on him and he should have seen it coming. The fact remains that Cruz continually strives to only cater to one segment of the population -- Evangelicals. The state is much more diverse than that and it will ultimately reflect in the polls.

But, ultimately, it really doesn't matter because neither Trump or Cruz will be able to garner the number of delegates necessary to outright claim the nomination. The GOP will have a brokered convention in the end. It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Here let me help you out. This is why Ted Cruz is doing poorly in New York other than the fact that Donald Trump is a born and bred New Yorker:

He attacked "New York values" to pander to people in Iowa. That's his doing. He owns it. Stop making excuses.
edit on 2016-4-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It's beginning to turn against Cruz? It's been against him all along. The best one can say is that they've ignored him in favor of concentrating on other candidates at times.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Here let me help you out. This is why Ted Cruz is doing poorly in New York other than the fact that Donald Trump is a born and bred New Yorker:

I don't particularly like Ted Cruz. i think he is a lot things that I really dislike, but I am not going to go along with painting him as anti-semitic because of his statements. That's ridiculous. I certainly hope Trump or his supporters do not try and use this, because that would be hypocritical after railing against the media lies against them over the past months.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

They don't want either of these guys so they will do whatever they can to destroy these two men and foist some Establishment schmuck like Kasich on their constituents.

My fear is this is a plan to cram Bush back down our throats somehow.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You do realize that the bulk of the MSM takes its cues from the DNC. Of course they're going to bash Cruz and for at least 2 reasons. 1) they want Trump to win the nomination because he's a sure loser to Clinton and 2) there's an outside chance Cruz might be the nominee and its time for the "machine" to begin the work of denigrating Cruz to insure he loses to Hilary.

Hoping this stuff doesn't stick is rather silly because.......the Democrat base are brain washed "program" people; they believe anything the MSM says and follow its lead blindly and without thought or analysis.

But not to worry........a Clinton presidency won't be any worse than Obama except that she's actually closer to the Bush family in terms of following the Council on Foreign Relations advice on Foreign affairs which means she'll be a lot more hawkish. What would be bad under her is that she'll nibble at second amendment rights. She hates the NRA and its membership with a purple passion.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It would seem to mean they perceive Cruz to be gaining momentum.

Whoever is the day's biggest threat wins that day's named target.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The plan is to get hillary elected. Just like it was to get obama elected wheb the GOP chose romney .

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Look. This is the game and you can see it on these forums.

1.) Get Trump supporters to hate Cruz.

2.) Get Cruz supporters to hate Trump.

3.) Get everyone else to hate both of them.

Then you end up with three voting blocks that won't hear of voting outside their preference. Cruzers won't vote for Trump. Trumpists won't vote for Cruz. Neither of those groups will vote establishment. The establishment won't vote for either of them.

If either of those two blocks aligned, the election is won because no one on the Democrat side is truly enthused. Turnout doesn't support it.

Imagine a Trump/Cruz ticket with the enthusiasm both blocks have aligning, but right now, they're too busy verbally savaging each other and swearing they'd never vote for the other.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You know, I hadn't quite thought of that scenario.

Yikes!

Bush has been fairly quiet the past couple of months. Seems like he's keeping his head down. Who knows what plots are being played behind the scenes.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Look. This is the game and you can see it on these forums.

1.) Get Trump supporters to hate Cruz.

2.) Get Cruz supporters to hate Trump.

3.) Get everyone else to hate both of them.

Then you end up with three voting blocks that won't hear of voting outside their preference. Cruzers won't vote for Trump. Trumpists won't vote for Cruz. Neither of those groups will vote establishment. The establishment won't vote for either of them.

If either of those two blocks aligned, the election is won because no one on the Democrat side is truly enthused. Turnout doesn't support it.

Imagine a Trump/Cruz ticket with the enthusiasm both blocks have aligning, but right now, they're too busy verbally savaging each other and swearing they'd never vote for the other.

You could well be right. But will people be smart enough, in enough numbers, to see it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

As much as the establishment pols on both sides hate both of them, it would be interesting to see what they'd do, and I admit to a certain dark fascination to the idea of the amount exploding heads that would happen ...

Because I will be perfectly honest, I was caught off guard at the level of vitriol 2000 produced when Bush was elected over Gore, and it has continued unabated ... only intensified infact after Obama got elected. I expected the left to rub it in good and then go on with life, but they've gotten even worse. It's like the power of the Dark Side ...

I fully expect them to start popping yellow eyes like little Sith any day now ...
edit on 8-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

As much as the establishment pols on both sides hate both of them, it would be interesting to see what they'd do, and I admit to a certain dark fascination to the idea of the amount exploding heads that would happen ...

I have to admit it would be funny to see - but there is probably too much that has happened to ever be a possibility.
Never say never though.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Romney/Ryan at the clubhouse turn..

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

True. He made this particular bed.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
But no. They will continue to back him just to take votes away from trump. Then at the convention they'll be like " Ted who?"
If only he could see what they are planning.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Romney/Ryan at the clubhouse turn..

I'm sure in some dark and smoky room this is what the establishment elites would be thinking.

The rest of us would be more like:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because I will be perfectly honest, I was caught off guard at the level of vitriol 2000 produced when Bush was elected over Gore, and it has continued unabated ... only intensified infact after Obama got elected. I expected the left to rub it in good and then go on with life, but they've gotten even worse. It's like the power of the Dark Side ...

It's like you come from some alternate universe.

Bush wasn't elected over Gore — the election was essentially stolen in Florida. I find it odd that a lot of conservatives are so disillusioned by the lack of direct democracy in the primary system but ignore the fact that not only were the Florida electoral votes stolen, Gore won the popular vote by half a million.

Then you glibly prattle about vitriol from the "Left" after the 2008 election when just about everyone except American conservatives could clearly see the right-wing freak out following the election of a black man with an Arab middle name.

Kenyan! Muslim! Probable homosexual! Muslim Brotherhood plant! Hates whites! Hates Christians! Hates America! Communist! Wants to Destroy America! Didn't really attend college!

That's just the garbage that was coming from the right-wing media. The unabashed hatred spewed by the right-wing masses was even worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join