It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Urges More Acceptance of Homosexuals, Non-Traditional Families

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

That's what I was saying earlier, about the Catholic family members of gay Catholics that are affected by the Church's intolerance. More than the so called "sinners' suffer from their unbending doctrine. Devout Catholics suffer the loss of their loved ones.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's what I was saying earlier, about the Catholic family members of gay Catholics that are affected by the Church's intolerance. More than the so called "sinners' suffer from their unbending doctrine. Devout Catholics suffer the loss of their loved ones.

It's a tough world buck up.

Find allies. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. This is an age when there is plenty of ways for gaybkids to find allies.

Gay people are not the only ones with crappy parents or relatives.

Most catholics don't go out of their way to talk about gays anyway. That is a Baptist thing. My wife went to and worked at a Jesuit school for a while. The president was a priest. The VP hired by the president was gay.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Don't project your garbage on me! I"m not gay and I'm not Catholic! I'm not stupid either.

The Pope is giving his people nothing but lip service! He's done nothing to change the church or actually help the people that are affected by Catholic doctrine and dogma.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Don't project your garbage on me! I"m not gay and I'm not Catholic! I'm not stupid either.

The Pope is giving his people nothing but lip service! He's done nothing to change the church or actually help the people that are affected by Catholic doctrine and dogma.

Nope. He is making a public statement as well as advice to the clergy. He is definetley setting an example. Is he perfect nope. He is still religious and can't single handedly change the faith. The power structure doesn't even allownit if he wanted to.

The guy has made some comments about trans people I don't like. On the other hand the image of him hugging and meeting with a trans man and his fiance is pretty powerful.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Why Baptists?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It's a tough world buck up.

Find allies. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. This is an age when there is plenty of ways for gaybkids to find allies.

Gay people are not the only ones with crappy parents or relatives.

Most catholics don't go out of their way to talk about gays anyway. That is a Baptist thing. My wife went to and worked at a Jesuit school for a while. The president was a priest. The VP hired by the president was gay.

Here's a thought...let gays have the same rights as averybody else...how about that?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join