It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellen: Positive about progress in ending 'too big to fail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Oh here we go.. Another moron totally ouch of touch with America.

Wonder if she can explain why factories are still being built in Mexico(ford) and leaving this country every single month.

We're not a bubble economy? What about California and the housin prices out here? Hell in Orange Countg only 1 out of 6 people can afford a home. When's that going to crash?

CNBC

"I certainly wouldn't describe this as a bubble economy," Yellen said, noting a "healing" labor market and a 5 percent headline unemployment number.

Oh our labor market is great. Millions and millions of illegals driving otherwise happy people into other jobs devaluing the entire labor market for the country. Manufacturing moving to Mexico by the month by the thousands. Steel workers looking for new jobs, oil people looking for new jobs... 6 million people making less than 15 an hour in the most expensive state in the country to live in.

These people live on alternate realities.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Wonder if she can explain why factories are still being built in Mexico(ford) and leaving this country every single month.

We're not a bubble economy? What about California and the housin prices out here? Hell in Orange Countg only 1 out of 6 people can afford a home. When's that going to crash?

CNBC

"I certainly wouldn't describe this as a bubble economy," Yellen said, noting a "healing" labor market and a 5 percent headline unemployment number.

Oh our labor market is great. Millions and millions of illegals driving otherwise happy people into other jobs devaluing the entire labor market for the country. Manufacturing moving to Mexico by the month by the thousands. Steel workers looking for new jobs, oil people looking for new jobs... 6 million people making less than 15 an hour in the most expensive state in the country to live in.

That is why I am voting for trump!!

He is the only candidate that doesn't want to either continue or increase the current paths primary goals.

A country of slaves with an elite ruling class.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

CNBC

A bubble economy is not defined by just those few things. It it is more driven by inflation, people spending too much, speculation in overvalued assets and irresponsible lending.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

CNBC

A bubble economy is not defined by just those few things. It it is more driven by inflation, people spending too much, speculation in overvalued assets and irresponsible lending.

Today's current economy of I have ever heard it described!!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

They gage the economy on the stock markets and jobs. Both are doing well.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

From your source:

Ending 'too big to fail'

Yellen also addressed a recent crusade by Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari, who has floated breaking up large banks to increase financial system stability. She noted that she shared Kashkari's concern about ending firms' "too big to fail" status.

But she said policies like capital and liquidity requirements and stress tests have "greatly enhanced the safety and soundness of the banking system."

"I feel more positive on the progress that we've made," Yellen said.

I guess she might be offended if somebody would yell her (hehe), that their QE only posponed the next crash for a while. But if this bubble, which she failed to recognize for political reasons, is going to burst.... well. The 2008 crash will look like a fricken Kindergarten compared to this mess.

While Volcker admitted he saw some "overextended" pieces of the financial system, he concurred, saying he does not believe a bubble exists.

Just overextended, right. Like a big pimpel, eh? Isn't that a bubble as well?

There are many reasons why asset purchases should have a strong impact on activity and inflation. Purchases compress yields and reduce the cost of financing in the economy through direct pass-through and portfolio rebalancing effects. For banks they make lending to the real economy more attractive than purchasing government bonds....

www.ecb.europa.eu...

There seems to be a lot of wishfull thinking involved in this EZBs Super Mario World as well. I see some striking parallels.

"I think that this frothiness that we have seen in financial markets is likely to continue, from equities to credit to housing, and in a couple of years, most likely, this asset inflation is going to become asset frothiness and eventually an asset and a credit bubble and eventually any bubble ends up in a bust and a crash. I would say that valuations in many markets, whether it’s government bonds or credit, or real estate, or some equity markets, are already stretched. And they’re going to become more stretched as the real economy justifies the slow exit, and all this liquidity is going to go into more asset inflation. So two years down the line, we could have this shakeout … 2016 I would say."

ROUBINI: The Mother Of All Asset Bubbles Will Burst In 2016

We'll see if his prophetic words are right on the money (all puns intended) or not.

Stay positive anyway, folks! If you catch my drift...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

What?

Every week I read about another manufacturing plant closing up shop and moving.

We both know the truth about he stock market and no it doesn't reflect the average American it reflects corporate profits which come from a global market.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Maybe in Liberalutopia where unicorns and leprechauns serve humanities wildest dreams and no one has to work. In the real world though 94 million working age adults are not even in the workforce. So to put that in perspective that's a unemployment rate of almost 40%. I'm pretty sure You will call Me a liar though and eat up the MSM talking points.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

40%? unemployment is like at 5-6%. where do you get you data? Trump?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: jkm1864

40%? unemployment is like at 5-6%. where do you get you data? Trump?

Look you have no idea what your talking about.

The only numbers that matter are the total workforce numbers and they have been in constant decline every year.

How could less people be working then has been working since the 70's when women entered the workforce and the unemployment number be going down?

It's called the labor participation rate please read a book.

top topics

join