It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana State Trooper Fired For Proselytizing On Duty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hmm I dunno. Seems the pamphlet is less harmful than "convert or die".. so that's good I guess.

Lets see how many people get separation of church and state wrong again this time

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I live in Indiana.

My grandfather is a retired state trooper. The officer was reprimanded once. The 2nd offense fired him.

My grandfather fully supports that this officer was turned in for his behavior.

In a position of authority, acting as a representative of the state, you DO NOT abuse that privilege for self gain.

Simply put, he said, "God knows you aren't suppose to preach his gospel while on the job."
edit on 8-4-2016 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2016 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: TechniXcality

Whoa, we agree on something.

Yeah, I agreed with you as well. There's a first time for everything.

Agree, though not necessarily on the type of religious person invading my space but for the fact someone's invading my space to push their religion. Doesn't matter if it's Krishna, Christian, Islam or Buddhist, if I'm interested, I know where to look and absolutely don't want someone pressuring me. I consider anyone attempting to talk to me about religion after I say I'm not interested to be aggressive and harassing. A cop is way in the wrong job to be harassing others about religion. Maybe he should become a priest or evangelist.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

You too?! Is this what they call... a "miracle"? LOL

a reply to: Wardaddy454
Nice deflecting. Not only does that have nothing to do with this topic, but the reaction would be the same, regardless of the ideology or religion being proselytized by a law enforcement officer.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
People should not proselytize their cult following as an authority figure when working.

From my point of view:
In Christian faith there are too much Paul and to little Yeshua:s teachings. Paul being the one who murks the water duality idol ism where "Jesus" name become an idol replacing the divine. And the curse of hypocrisy follows since you are following the faith Idol that will make it.

I see the same thing in Islam. Too much Muhammad to little Rumi. Muhammad being the one who murks the water with duality idol ism where Muhammad become the idol replacing the divine. And the curse of hypocrisy follows since you are following the faith Idol that will make it.

Sad really that the divine should be judged by humans religious cults instead of own experience with it and some souls will not seek spiritually due to small minded proselytizers who do more harm than good.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
What amazed me about this is the police union, who seem to be all powerful when it comes to protecting the job of a cop who gets caught shooting an unarmed kid who is laying on the ground defenseless, was apparently powerless in this case. The Fraternal Order of Police has enormous power and influence. Yet, here, not so much.

I don't think he should have been doing that on the job. On his own time, no problem. But not on taxpayer time.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

People love to be offended these days.

How is someone religious giving me a pamphlet going to cause me harm?

I used to get handed this stuff when I worked downtown and I just tossed it in the nearest trash can, but it didn't occur to me to get angry and sue people or make a big deal out of it. People need real problems because at this point we are creating them out of boredom.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I don't believe in organized religion or their imaginary god/s.

But I don't think it is a huge deal at all honestly.

Could have been,as you mentioned op, a roid raging murder bOt cop.

Hell, I will take the Jesus pamphlet and the warning ticket!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

S&F

As time goes on you will see this more and more ongoing around the world. Spreading the Gospel is no longer tolerated outside the home and church. IMO in 10 years or less people living in the WEST; whoever is caught proselytizing will be arrested and prosecuted. Anyone who professes to be Christian will not be tolerated.

Not if he was Islamic!!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

So you really think an American police officer that was on the clock would be treated differently if he/she was passing out pro-Islam propaganda? BS.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'd rather get a Jesus pamphlet than a ticket. I'd be bringing up forgiveness.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This sounds like something Cruz would do

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I don't feel too sorry for the guy, he'll just go and get a job at another cop shop. Look at it this way : Would you want to be held up in line at the grocery store till the clerk finished preaching at you? Or the pharmacy, Doctor's office, bank or anywhere else for that matter? It is not ok for any authority figure to use that authority to spread their faith.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It seems only the usual christians don't see any problem with this.
Others have asked, "What if he was handing out islam pamphlets?"

Would the christians still find no fault?

What if he was handing out scientology, satanism, or atheist pamphlets? Would you still have no problem?

The fact is that this officer broke an important policy that he was warned about at least once before. This shows that he has no respect for the rules and no respect for the people he does this too. Not everyone wants to hear about your religion. Especially from a STate Trooper during a traffic stop. I'm glad he was fired. I hope he gets fired from the next cop shop that hires him when he does this BS again. People like this can't tell fantasy from reality, and i don't want them to have a gun.

What if he asks you about your religion and your not a christian? Would he be able to just let that go? We already know that he doesn't care about the rules. Would he be likely to harass you for even longer?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

"Why are we worried about this abuse of position when there are other abuses of position happening?!?"

Some people have been granted with the ability to deal with more than one thing at a time. Never understood why it is some folks think no problem should be worked on unless it's the one they deem important. Problems are problems.

And I think it's pretty safe to say that if this article said "the ISP is aware of the trooper's behavior and doesn't care," there would be an ats thread full of much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Is this another 'Christianity is under attack, woe is me' thread?

Newsflash, he is part of the government, the government is not supposed to be in the religion business, ergo, Officer Jesus-Nut should not be in the religion business during traffic stops.

He should have stuck to religion on his own time.

edit on 8-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Miss please pull over. Yes yes i know. This is a routine check. Where is you password documents and god¿ Oh you can't fond god¿ Let me help you ¡¡

This here pamplet tells you how to find god and there is a bonus¡ If you find him , He will save you.

Well since you are not a Christian he is deffinetly not saving you from those expired documents¡

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Don't forget Satan loves you too.

Yes.. but for the wrong reasons...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

People love to be offended these days.

How is someone religious giving me a pamphlet going to cause me harm?

I used to get handed this stuff when I worked downtown and I just tossed it in the nearest trash can, but it didn't occur to me to get angry and sue people or make a big deal out of it. People need real problems because at this point we are creating them out of boredom.

No, it's nothing to do with being offended, and everything to do with a state employee doing his job, not promoting his personal religion.

Just because you don't care has no bearing on the feelings of others.

ALL religion should be kept out of the jobs of public servants.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Sargeras

So you really think an American police officer that was on the clock would be treated differently if he/she was passing out pro-Islam propaganda? BS.

Nobody will answer that, because religious hypocrisy likes to keep itself hidden. If this were left unchecked, we would have cops from all different faiths and non-faiths using their job as a platform to proselytize. Being atheist, I would be just as irritated if it were a cop handing out "freedom from religion" pamphlets, and questioning peoples faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join