It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Movie Written Before 911?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Substitute modern government with up to date technology for Dragons and the result is a militia's nightmare.

The Dragons are ancient beings who have always been on Earth and suddenly wake up. Like opportunists who suddenly get an opportunity.

The opportunists in the substitution are the power seekers and the opportunity is the new technology, they can own the sky and the night.

In the movie there is no government, only communities hiding and fighting to survive the reign of dragons.

Reign of Fire was released July 12, 2002. It might have been the last movie written (or at least conceptualized) before 911.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate
Why is this a 9/11 conspiracy and not in the film section? Good movie by the way.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It felt like some thing was missing from my post. I suppose I wanted to see if any others thought the same.

The 911 conspiracy that makes most sense to me is the biggest conspiracy. The power behind the throne. The power that can tax up to 100% and get away with it because they are the media and educational system as well as the law and ruling class. And the military, they own the sky, the sea, and the night.

The plot and milieux of Reign of Fire are very close to the situation of outsiders trying to secede from the Powers that Be. The NWO can suffer no outsiders (because their system is so necessary) so the militias, Christians, and Libertarians have to be assimilated or destroyed.

The Zeitgeist changed at 911, big gov got a new lease on life after the militia decade of the 90's. This movie was the last mainstream movie that fits with the point of view of Braveheart, individual freedom, and limited government.

edit on 8-4-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ok I see your point now. Very curious way of looking at the film.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Ok I see your point now. Very curious way of looking at the film.

The ideas in people's heads are what maintain the order of society. Stories have always had the function of putting ideas into people's heads. "Truth is stranger than fiction" is because fiction has to fit in with the accustomed and expected ideas about reality.

Reign of Fire was last movie with heros outside of the NWO.

edit on 8-4-2016 by Semicollegiate because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well, the last film plot written I think you mean. Red Dawn was remade in 2010 and the heroes were definitely outside the NWO. I'm going to try to think of examples of newer films where the heroes can not represent the NWO in any way. There should be plenty, though you make a good point about the function of stories.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Well, the last film plot written I think you mean. Red Dawn was remade in 2010 and the heroes were definitely outside the NWO. I'm going to try to think of examples of newer films where the heroes can not represent the NWO in any way. There should be plenty, though you make a good point about the function of stories.

Please let me know if you do.

I watched the tv series Colony. It has aliens that could be substituted for a ruthless human plutocracy. (that is using technology to the max.)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I shall, but just to make clear my example of Red Dawn is not valid, correct?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I shall, but just to make clear my example of Red Dawn is not valid, correct?

I'm not sure. I have seen both and the new one seemed different, made for a different generation certainly, but I don't remember it. The new one seemed weaker to me.

The old one should have been a franchise like Star Wars or Terminator. I think they wanted to cash in on the variety but not to encourage an individualistic life style. The Russian paratrooper part was not possible. The bad guys should have been Bond villains with the backing of the one world financial system.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." Henry Ford

Red Dawn

Read more at: www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
My point being does it count since although changes have been made, the overall plot is the same. Also what about Mad Max? The new one, Fury Road? Or is it Thunderdome? Whatever the name. Max Max is clearly an outsider.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
And your point is?????

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think the OP is over thinking things.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

My point being does it count since although changes have been made, the overall plot is the same. Also what about Mad Max? The new one, Fury Road? Or is it Thunderdome? Whatever the name. Max Max is clearly an outsider.

I haven't seen Fury Road, although I am sure I will enjoy it. It might be on this side of the dearth of individualistic hero movies.

Hunger Games is a new wave of anti-totalitarian attitude. Except that now, as compared to the 90's, everything that is done with electricity is recorded, the economy is trashed, everything about your body belongs to national health, and cash money (anonymous money) is being called criminal.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
And your point is?????

Hollywood mostly makes movies that fit in with the projection of reality that the establishment wants.

Movies since 911 have all had a perspective from inside the NWO. Everything outside the NWO is terrorists.

This was the last movie written before 911 that has a perspective that is outside of the one world anti-terrorist bankster government.

10 years passed before the Hunger Games. Government grew a lot in those 10 years.

Just another reason to think 911 was to good to be true, for huge government fans.

new topics

top topics

join