It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC Cops busted for Cocaine...drunk driving, hiring hooker in 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca... aine-hiring-prostitute-drunk-driving-1.2598625

Crossing the line

Among the substantiated complaints:
■A New Westminster police officer was caught buying coc aine from a known drug dealer to whom he was already in debt, using the drug and failing to pay his bar tab. He was fired.
■In Vancouver, a police officer used the police database to conduct unauthorized searches while maintaining a personal relationship with someone whom he knew associated with criminals. The same officer was also found to have "used the services of a prostitute." He was also fired.
■A Vancouver officer drank while off-duty and got in his car "while his ability to do so was affected by alcohol." The OPCC report says he told another officer who pulled him over he was a police officer, in order to receive favourable treatment. He received a six-day suspension without pay.
■In Abbotsford, a female officer pulled over a car for failing to stop and forced the female motorist to the ground at gunpoint where she was handcuffed. The motorist was eventually released without charge, but given a traffic ticket for failing to provide a driver's licence. However, the police complaints commission found the officer had not provided the woman a reasonable opportunity to produce her licence. The officer was given a written reprimand and sent for retraining.
■In Victoria, an officer used his department's email address to send a photo of a naked male. He was suspended without pay for eight days.
■A New Westminster officer drove his car into a rock, sustaining minor damage. It was the officer's sixth motor vehicle accident in six years, four of which were his fault. The officer was sent for driver assessment and training.
FULL REPORT HERE

www.opcc.bc.ca...

Obviously the Municipal Police forces need better training and better oversight....
The report should give you an overview of whats wrong with the systems cops and whats needed to straighten the situation out....
First lesson should be Cops are human too...they are as bereft as many of the general public when it comes to common sense....
The obvious answer here is better smarter recruits and high graduation standards and training....perhaps even a longer training phase where they don't get to pack heat, but must accompany a senior officer for at least a year or so before getting qualified to be cops ....
I think their personal foibles and weaknesses would be far more apparent to the command structure with an apprentice cop program of long duration....what says ATS?

edit on 8-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

As corrupt as some of the cops are out in BC,many of them are pretty lax when it comes to drug related offenses. Specifically when it relates to possession of marijuana.

However I still think officers,whose job it is to uphold the law should be held at a higher standard than your average citizen when they fail to maintain proper conduct. The power that they have should be enough to substantiate the need for such a standard.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This happened 3 years ago...

The article is 2 years old...

Here's a link that works.
edit on 0820160420161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Oh thank you for your contribution Domo....youre just super....did you read the title by the way?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Was she hot?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

No, I just found the article you failed to link correctly. Then I read the mess that was your OP. Then I responded so that other members wouldn't waste their time.

If you want to have a discussion about police hiring practices, perhaps make THAT the title.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

No, I just found the article you failed to link correctly. Then I read the mess that was your OP. Then I responded so that other members wouldn't waste their time.

If you want to have a discussion about police hiring practices, perhaps make THAT the title.

I bow to your obviously oh so superior person....the title is the title of the CBC article....
Not mine....
Thanks for stooping to contribute....whatever it was you actually did contribute....
Your esteemed personage must be appreciated somewhere.....
the link seems to work now by the way....

edit on 8-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Cops do illegal # MIND BLOWN

its a wonder we don't do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The utter apathy of the general public is amazing is it not?
I cannot seem to fathom the reason good people seem to ignore anything that ruffles their complacency....
Many getting right obnoxious if the facts are brought to their attention....but refuse to turn their attentionr towards the presented problem and instead want to shoot the messenger....

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Jeez.. Lighten up man. No need to give the poster a hard time, it does say 2013 in the thread title.

Anyway back on topic.. Most police are up to all sorts, I know a few here in London, and some of things they tell me about what goes on would certainly shock some people.
After all they are just human too, you will get you good ones and bad ones..

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Cops do illegal # MIND BLOWN

its a wonder we don't do anything about it.

Aye aye aye Aye AYE AYE AYe aye aye...

Leave the police alone.

They drink, take drugs, are violent, easily corrupted and all manner of things, they are HUMAN after all.

It's only when WE, the poor untrained masses, do these things that it warrants the full force of the Police and the Law.

If it weren't for them, why we'd be living in anarchy.. I.. wait what??

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
After all they are just human too

Ahhaha classic, did not read your post before I posted.

Cheers,

new topics

top topics

join