It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saskatchewan buys bus tickets to BC for Homeless.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

It's about the same that was done to deal with the homeless in Daytona beach Florida.

Daytona was too cheap to buy them bus tickets though, they decided to give them suitcases with wheels on them to make them look more like tourists....

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The great idea now to deal with problem relatives is to send them on a one way trip to Hawaii. My ex sent her problem grandson there 3 years ago and has enjoyed life every since. She moved and changed phone numbers and thats that!

He can't walk or swim back and nobody will give them a free ride.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

That is too bad because I would be happy if this WAS the plan. One way trips to San Francisco or some other hippy dippy place that encourages sitting on your ass all day. They would have a better life and we would be rid of them.

Absolutely disgusting. It is ignorance at it's finest to suggest that homeless people are in that position simply because of laziness.

You have an over-inflated opinion of yourself that you reinforce by listening to nonsense and taking it as truth.

Stick your head back in the sand and be quiet.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Discrimination, it's only illegal if you get caught and the person filing the complaint has the means to secure adequate legal representation to pursue further legal action.

AKA, Poor Man's Penalty.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Most of the homeless people I know, are having alchohol or drug problems....
Then theres the few who can be helped back to some semblance of normalcy.....
I reckon that's about only 15-20 % of them...if that.
Many are so psychologically scarred that the chances of getting to the roots of their mental handicaps are near nil.
Native people, are ill fitted to our society, almost deliberately it seems...education for them bears no real resemblance to what we would call education...
The underlying racism from both sides is a constant if barely concealed block to any kind of harmonious solutions...
It prevents honest communication and spoils anything positive stemming from either way....
Though friendly, in intent, relationships of every sort are always to a degree strained and tainted by it.

I dare say there is really no better solution than to start over and build a free and fair society that does not persue individual wealth as a marker of status or as a nessessity for survival.....
This of course means free everything....education, shelter, sustenance, medical, and medicine.
We can pay for this type of society easily by taking back what the banks and the elite have usurped for themselves and their progeny........

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sask and Alberta have been caught shipping their problems to B.C...it's bullsh@t, the social service worker in the recent Sask incident has been reprimanded and rightfully so. Shipping homeless to one of the most expensive cities to live in North America with little to no support is just dumb.
edit on 8-4-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

That is too bad because I would be happy if this WAS the plan. One way trips to San Francisco or some other hippy dippy place that encourages sitting on your ass all day. They would have a better life and we would be rid of them.

Absolutely disgusting. It is ignorance at it's finest to suggest that homeless people are in that position simply because of laziness.

You have an over-inflated opinion of yourself that you reinforce by listening to nonsense and taking it as truth.

Stick your head back in the sand and be quiet.

Not everyone in life is going to agree with you.

You should probably head back to your 'safe space' if what others say makes you uncomfortable.

edit on 2016/4/8 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, just to introduce some 'stupidity' humor into a serious subject, I have to admit something:

When I read the title of this thread, it took me a couple seconds to realize the first word was not 'Sasquatch'...

What literally flashed thru my mind was the thought -

"What a nice 'Bigfoot', giving out bus tickets to the homeless!"

I don't know, maybe it was funnier in my head...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Actually, that is pretty funny.

Especially since this is about Canada...the land of ice and snow.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Personally, if I was homeless I would rather be homeless in BC during the winter than Saskatchewan. I live in Saskatchewan. Winter sucks.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The great idea now to deal with problem relatives is to send them on a one way trip to Hawaii. My ex sent her problem grandson there 3 years ago and has enjoyed life every since. She moved and changed phone numbers and thats that!

He can't walk or swim back and nobody will give them a free ride.

I was put off by your post.

No disgusted.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Tribal cultures deal with these problems using ayahuasca and ibogaine.

It works.

Why are we so stubborn and not doing the same?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Well get around to it someday....maybe even sooner than anticipated....
Lots of new researchers giving it another go.....
Takes experienced people to use these powerful medicines correctly....
We really don't have many college educated ones yet...
Id say give it another 5-10 yrs it will be much more understood and applied by therapists as well as Shamen...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Not everyone in life is going to agree with you.

You should probably head back to your 'safe space' if what others say makes you uncomfortable.

The fact that you are attempting (and dismally failing) to paint me as some sort of porcelain doll who breaks easily and must be treated with care only serves to prove my point against you entirely.

Thanks for that, saves me having to do it any further.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No this thread is about blowing the homeless off on other jurisdictions world wide.....get it.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join