It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I never had a girlfriend ..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Alright people thank you all for trying to help I guess we'll I am going to bed I hope you all a good day bye.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dude200181

When you finally do complete the deed, and take control of your life, you can sing this song with me.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dude200181
a reply to: Tiamat384 well man I wish I could get a job but can't because I have anxiety towards people ok

If your anxiety is severe, can't you get on disability? You would need documents from your Doctor proving the severity.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dude200181

You're a fresh breath of air. I have millions of possibilities. But you are new. So, are you for real?

And why on a conspiracy site. Do you feel cheated?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Anxiety can be overcome.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
First step, in all seriousness, is a job.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler Now, you are making me cry, too. I hope the op realizes we all care and everyone has felt lonely at some point in their life. We all share in this so-called "human experience" and the op needs lots of hugs right now and there is always tomorrow, every day is different, and you can be in charge of your destiny. Just gotta want it bad enough.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Have you seen a psychologist or psychiatrist? Have you ever tried meds for the anxiety? There could even be other underlying issues. If your issues are bad enough, you can try for disability to at least have an income and be able to help your family.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is the answer. You have to overcome the fear of rejection and just start old fashioned networking and striking out until something sticks.

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Lysergic

need to step outside your comfort zone. engage in social activities. maybe volunteer good way to meet ppl.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Anxiety can be overcome.

There are different degrees of anxiety. Some have it bad where they have panic attacks and can't function normally. He may have other mental issues that we know nothing about.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yep.

He needs some immersion therapy imhao.

# drugging him up, those don't fix the problem, only mask it.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Anxiety can be overcome.

There are different degrees of anxiety. Some have it bad where they have panic attacks and can't function normally. He may have other mental issues that we know nothing about.

He could have extra appendages as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well you want to know my issue with this? One. Living off of someone else. Unless you are a minor there really is no reason except for disability, but anxiety can be overcome as pointed out and there are jobs over the internet. Two. Staying home to play video games and sleep? What about self fulfillment? Reading books for example and obtaining knowledge. Writing, drawing, painting or some other craft. This is much less about anxiety then it is about the lack of drive in our society and the values and priorities that people have if you can call them as such. I can point out other threads where others have had similar observations, one in particular. People do not like taking blame and why work. There's an excuse and someone else's paycheck. People need to meet the reality of the world or they will not survive.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I promise, establishing yourself, and becoming independent can do wonders for self-esteem.

If you are in college, have you thought about joining any of the clubs? Sure theres some sort of gamer group, I use to always seem ppl playing cardgames and whatnot, if that ain't your thing, I'm sure there something that is, check the postboards too, people are a lot of more accepting than you may think, just know people arent constantly judging you harshly and if by some random chance they happen to be an a-hole, don't sweat it man, they ain't nobody.

and any negative thought about yourself, you need to realize how irrational those thoughts actually are, don't entertain such thoughts, know they aren't true.

If not in school, job or volunteering, in all honesty donating your time to help someone else, as selfish as it sounds, it makes you feel good inside.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Lysergic because: i suck at typing these days

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Start smoking weed.

Just kidding. That was entirely too much, i feel bad now.
I am sorry for you man really. What the others have said is spot on. Find a passion and a job. Friends always easily come through just about any job. And we all need a passion. Going to the gym regularly would probably help self esteem plus just get you out there. I feel for you. If my lady left me I would be a broken mess and much too anxious to talk to anybody for a long time..seriously.
My lady also has severe anxiety. The kind with uncontrollable panic attacks. It has cost her both a job and going to school in the past. It is just about getting back up again.

And i hate to say it but you definitely sound depressed dude. Go see your physician. Medicine CAN be necesarry and help for anxiety. Xanax anyone? But simple counseling would do the trick even better. I literally had to get my friend to stop beating up on themselves the way you are just last night. You need to build a support network.

If you need a warm up start posting threads like this on a bunch of different sites. Hit up a chat room.

Chances are you will find a person - a woman even who will spend a few hours online chatting with you even if only once. Just chat about life and the universe. Chat with a stranger who will listen every night if need be until you can do it in person.

Just chat about the universe to get deep quick with a person...worry about friendship before girlfriendship lol. And big secret? Girlfriends suck for the most part. Trust me you missed out on nothing not having a gf in say high school.
Another big secret? I am collecting disability right now. Hopefully only for a couple more months. Nerves regenerate slowly. I miss work so much. And that is with plenty family stuff going on at home.

edit on 8-4-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
If you have high anxiety and social phobias, there is treatment for that.

So, what's the treatment Mrs doll? I would really like to know.

It's actually SAD(Social Anxiety Disorder). Most people with SAD are considered modern day Hermits.

Welcome to the Club OP.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Well you want to know my issue with this? One. Living off of someone else. Unless you are a minor there really is no reason except for disability, but anxiety can be overcome as pointed out and there are jobs over the internet. Two. Staying home to play video games and sleep? What about self fulfillment? Reading books for example and obtaining knowledge. Writing, drawing, painting or some other craft. This is much less about anxiety then it is about the lack of drive in our society and the values and priorities that people have if you can call them as such. I can point out other threads where others have had similar observations, one in particular. People do not like taking blame and why work. There's an excuse and someone else's paycheck. People need to meet the reality of the world or they will not survive.

Well said, but you just don't get over anxiety if it is severe. I have mild anxiety and was able to work until I became physically disabled with spinal stenosis, other back issues and nerve damage in a leg. We don't know what other issues he may have that is keeping him from working. But I would think his Mother and or Brother would have looked into something for him, Doctors visits, a psychiatrist or whatever to determine what his issues are exactly and file for disability if it is warranted. If he doesn't qualify and is able to work then they should make him work at home or wherever. I don't really know what to think, because I don't have all the facts.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dude200181
Well I know one thing I will be alone forever no matter what

Well, with that attitude you probably will be!

Enough of the pity party, sheesh!!

Newsflash, the vast majority of women CANNOT STAND men who are whiny cry bags!!!

We want a protector, someone who makes us laugh, a provider, a stable partner in life and someone to take charge in certain...situations.

At least those of us who aren't feminists and man haters do.

Stop whining, get your sh!t together and build your confidence...After that all the other stuff falls into place. BUT you won't get anywhere and, more importantly, will not attract a quality individual with all the whining and pity party BS.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You're right we do not know everything, but he has not provided any hint of other ailment nor any visible hint of attempt at getting better. The first part of course he may have depression, but that is something many people go through and that I have gone through. Which oddly was never noticed or cared for. And the attempt at getting better seems to be limited to asking here, but I do not see what is here that is not common sense or something his mother or brother could have told him. And then there is his preoccupation which I simply can not understand. Of course play, so do I, but as the sole thing?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I'll at least give the guy a chance to answer and make a call from there. But, I'm no psychologist or psychiatrist.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join