It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Men as a Metaphor for Transcending Social Prejudice as Evolution Continues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Professor Charles Xavier
teaches a college with a danger room to train young mutants to hone psychic powers. Telepathy, which may manifest if one visualizes and wills that the visualization be communicated to others, permits the evolution of astral training of hypothetical psychic combat scenarios, if two or more students practice visualizing together.

The general public is alerted to the existence of occult manifestation gradually by subliminal social cues so that psychological prejudice is defused on point of sudden new encounter inducing a system shock, the oldest fear being fear of the unknown.

S'got Speed,man co-stars with Kate Beckinsale in the "Underworld" Vampire movies (and comic books), on the adrenals atop the kidneys secrete adrenaline into blood, and Zombie movies are released which could be intended to document how rapidly mind control contagion assails society as public awareness of mind control surfaces.

Each mutant has one psychic power he or she is really good at. The ability could be studied sufficient to induce familiarization as the result of a fluke accidental encounter, as in Television's Heroes.

Government agencies and paranoia trigger censorship obsession, and terrorism prevention acts to track the unpredictable consequences of the 2nd Amendment - the Right to Bare Arms, applying to unpredictable beginnings of bulk public access to "guns" in the form of complex telekinesis and telepathy. Mutants young and old take on an ethnic dimension in reference to the kind of baggage their abilities gives them - superhuman speed from that raw mammalian meat contains adrenaline, memories going back as far as the days before concern for the reptilian scales of Maat began.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KBisme

If there were people who could melt me with their eyes or be invisible watching me be intimate with my wife I think my paranoia would be justified. I don't see how the fear of people that have super powers equates at all with someone who has different colored skin.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As your title suggests, yes, X-Men was a title all about the feelings of being different than others. Powers manifest during puberty, you're considered less than human for your appearance...novel stuff for 1963. The transcending and overcoming barriers of racial and genetic social injustice came later, but homo superior at one time in the marvel universe was where all of mankind was eventually to evolve to.

What the he'll you're talking about has me lost...
edit on 7-4-2016 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I second the owlbear's post. Yes, the X-Men have always had transcending social prejudice as their central theme.

As for the rest of the title and your OP, I'm trying to parse some meaning, if you could clarify your points. Here's some of what I (think) I got:

The X-Men are being used as a social engineering tool to condition the population for acceptance of superpowers?

Anti-terrorism legislation such as the so-called PATRIOT acts will be used to deal with upcoming superpowers humans will evolve.

Something about the co-stars of the Underworld movies having to do with how adrenaline works.

Zombie movies being used as a metaphor for mind control spreading as awareness of mind control spreads.

Raw mammal meat contains adrenaline memories about reptilian scales of Maat.

I can't piece together much of anything coherent in this. It seems like you have some interesting thoughts I'd like to hear, but the OP devolves at a geometrically accelerating rate into what seems to be randomly spliced together phrases.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Drugs and ATS are never a good combination.

top topics

join