It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for Four Candidates to be running for President in the General Election ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I mean in the General Election: Hillary vs. Trump vs. Sanders vs. Cruz.

Four candidates representing different ideologies; Hillary middle left, Sanders far left, Trump middle right and Cruz far right.

Isn't it time to have a real election so we can see what the people really want

Who would win such an election ?

It would be very, very interesting to say the least.

In the past we have only had two real choices - And often people don't vote as they are unhappy with such a limited choice.

What would happen if we had a real choice for a change. Who would you vote for ? and why

And one other thing - It could happen - Both Trump and Sanders don't seem happy about the way they are being treated by 'the political machine'
It would not take much to convince either of them to run independently and in a four-way race anyone of them could come up the winner.

“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”
― John Adams, The Works Of John Adams, Second President Of The United States

edit on 7-4-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Just four?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Well, a supporter of the current way of things might tell you that the Primaries allow all manner of persons to run, and that it is the electorates stupid fault when they refuse to select en masse, these "fringe" politicians and personalities that they really want in power, during those Primaries.

However, I for one would have to agree with you, that the list of persons able to participate in the Primaries, should not have to go through that procedure, and should instead be up for election without having to run that gamut. I think the general election should perform the function of the Primaries stage, and the general election stage of the event in question, not least because it would mean that campaigns lasted less time, and cost less to run.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think that would be an excellent start.

If there is one change I'd love to see in American politics, it is more parties standing.

This two-party State, where both parties are basically the same, is catastrophic for the concept of American democracy.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Just four?

I can remember many many years ago when I was quite young Italy had something lke 20 political parties - I mean it can get
ridiculous and meaningless.

It just so happens that for the first time I can remember there are four viable and popular candidates. Let''s let it all hang
out and see how these conflicting ideologies play out in the General Election - Outside of the party bosses.

Of course it would scare the party bosses - they might lose some of their control - Of course you are still going to have basically
Republicans vs. Democrats. But if nothing else the Election would be interesting.
edit on 7-4-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Hillary vs. Trump vs. Sanders vs. Cruz?? The Rothschilds and Rockefellers still win.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

What are you talking about? Have you not been paying attention? We JUST widdled it down to four candidates. Before that there was a zoo of candidates running for President.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Makes no difference who or how many run because the electoral college decides anyway.

The general election, or "popular" vote means little to nothing considering how little penalization is reserved for the electors for voting against their declared, supposed loyalties.

What was that term?...A "Dog and Pony Show"?....

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You see what the bigwigs fear is that they might lose control - People with really creative and intelligent ideas for a future
not dependent upon only special interests - Instead interests that truly represent people with real ideals, goals and aspirations.

And if they lose control of the political process we really get a real Republican form of Democracy whose influence represents more ot the American people - You still would not please everyone but no form of government can do that.

But I'll be damned if I'm going to vote for a liberal who wants to take away my right to defend myself by gun control
- And damned again if I vote for a conservative who says my money is too small to count and therefore I don't count,
and who will justify his political ambitions by religious ideals which have absolutely nothing to do with them.

"I will not be a Democrat or a Republican. They are the problem, not the solution.
We need to abolish political parties in this country."
- Jesse Ventura

Think of the nightmares they must have when they think about a complete outsider, like Jesse Ventura [" He was the first and only member of the Reform Party to win a major government position in the United States, but later joined the Independence Party of Minnesota"] running for office and winning ! Does anyone remember Ross Perot? He was actually winning in the poles
for the Presidency back in 1992 [against Clinton version 1] when he claimed they threatened him and forced him to quit
- he came back but lost the trust of many, anyone running for Pres. will face threats - Think they could threaten Ventura?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
I mean in the General Election: Hillary vs. Trump vs. Sanders vs. Cruz.

Four candidates representing different ideologies; Hillary middle left, Sanders far left, Trump middle right and Cruz far right.

Isn't it time to have a real election so we can see what the people really want

Who would win such an election ?

It would be very, very interesting to say the least.

In the past we have only had two real choices - And often people don't vote as they are unhappy with such a limited choice.

What would happen if we had a real choice for a change. Who would you vote for ? and why

And one other thing - It could happen - Both Trump and Sanders don't seem happy about the way they are being treated by 'the political machine'
It would not take much to convince either of them to run independently and in a four-way race anyone of them could come up the winner.

“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”
― John Adams, The Works Of John Adams, Second President Of The United States

This what we all really want.

Especially if Clinton Wins the Nomination but by only her Superdelegates. That's kind of Shady or if there's contested Republican convention, where Trump should get it but the powers that be nominate Cruz anyway even though Trump would be way ahead in delegates. If that happens, then I fully expect Sanders and Trump to Run independently.

In fact, I see Trump doing that, and that would give Sanders some motivation to run independently himself.

new topics

top topics

join