It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secular activist is killed after criticizing militant Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Why be myopic ? let's spread our veiwpoint to world wide, I'll bet this mans family( who lost his life for criticizing Islam ) wished Islam was reformed enough not to send assassins because of exercising speech.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

We have had a huge influx of Bangladeshi's into London which I am gobsmacked that they have been even accepted given the numbers we are facing from the islamic world still trying to leap on board. over 60 % was these are unable to find work so the whole boo hop islamicsts are killing us is one argument but the other is we haven't got the work, homes etc or want the trouble some of you think you are bring to our country either.

This is something the islamic world is going to have to deal with. Saudi and its Wahabism is the problem and that is where pressure needs to be applied to stop the violence. One should note that the Saudi's don't put up with it yet are happy to export their ideals into other countries. There if you don't like King Saud's ideas or complain they crucify you.

This problem is seeded in an islamic country and its islamists who need to weed these ideas out befor they encroach onto other cultures and religions worlds that patently don't want them.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

But we don't have a Christian theocracy and there never will be one again, once again I don't fear for my life speaking out against Christianity in a primarily Christian country that actually stipulated church from state, aka reformed. Other western country's have followed in the footsteps it's a great thing. Why when a man is killed for speaking out against Islam much we talk about Christianity it's so disrespectful and those who say there is an anti Christian agenda get that impression simply by watching a serious conversation devolve into grey area and round about comparisons. Please a man was killed for speaking out against Islam in fact many have been killed this is without a doubt proof that interpretations of the doctrine are evil and indeed of reform. The statistic point to 20-30% (conservatively) holding extremists beliefs, reldra this isn't a social justice cause sometimes the world really is #ty and certain ideologies must be challenged.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I agree Saudi as an ally is a #ing crying shame and a blight on the west...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reldra

I have no idea why, in modern times, one religion is spoken about so horribly. The religion has not caused the problems. most educated people know that ISIS was manufactured by the US arming militants that were once useful.
The US and allies have invaded ME countries again and again and again for oil.

Now we wonder ...how did this ISIS and Al Quaeda come about? We are lucky North Vietnam isn't attacking us with a similar group. ..quote...

So what causes radical muslims in areas that have had zero US involvement?, I have ties to the Philippines and there are a growing number of Jihadist in the southern Mindanao region of the country that even got world wide press when a large number of the Special action force task force where ambushed and killed there.. A number of Muslims the world over agree with Jihad and they use the current middle eastern situation to live out their psychopathic tendencies and they have the perfect cover to justify it (in their minds).

Radical Jihadist is a world wide issue be it in Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, or Canada. The think that links these people and groups are a belief that there acts will be rewarded as is told by them and their faith..

RA
edit on 7-4-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

He lived in a Theocracy. He knew what he could do and what he could not do. other countries can complain, sanction, Amnesty International can have a fit. but for the moment, he knew the law. maybe it will make him a hero. Hopefully it leads to change there.

You live in a country where you know what you can and cannot do.

If you were raised in another country, there would be a different set of rules.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Shiloh7

I agree Saudi as an ally is a #ing crying shame and a blight on the west...

Ok, you kick them from being an ally, see what happens.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

According to Sharia apparently 1/6th of all money collected in every mosque goes to jihad - something 'good/peaceful' islamists don't tell you, probably because sharia also says its ok to lie about Islam in order to protect it or its followers.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Separation of church and state is reform. That's all I'm goin to say in regards to this.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Now, it is spread via social media. you have Jihadists in one place that the US bombed to death, they just get on twitter and it is somewhere else. We almost dug our own grave. This is in regard to extremists.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Separation of church and state is reform. That's all I'm goin to say in regards to this.

You can't do that in a Theocracy. That is the one place it cannot be done.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Point of order:

The man was not "Speaking out against Islam". He was speaking out against militant Islamic mindsets, which is not the same thing in the least.

Carry on.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

He wished to remove Islam from the government did you read that part? Yes carry on indeed. He was in fact speaking out against Islam.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
You may not realize this, but the majority of victims of "Islamic" terrorism are other Muslims. Just like the majority of victims of crimes in Muslim countries are other Muslims. Just like the majority of victims of crimes in Christian-majority countries are other Christians. And the majority of victims of crimes in India are other Hindus.

A lot of times, the only "shock" is the way it's presented. If a Christian in America is killed for opposing a hate group that's filled with self described Christians, will it be presented as a flaw in Christianity? And what about when a Christian is killed for speaking out against the notoriously Catholic organized crime families in Italy and South America? Do you present the situation as a problem in Christianity too?

I'm saying this because the double standards are preposterous. I've seen Christians right here in the US fight each other and fight non-Christians because of disagreements about their faith & religious interpretations. And I have several self described Christian friends in prison right now because they shot and/or killed other people who happened to be Christian. What's the difference?

You just go around looking for reasons to criticize Islam. You literally hold us to a higher standard than you hold other demographics, which is ridiculous. We make up more than 20% of the world's population, so there will always be things to nitpick and incidences to be "outraged" by. Just as I can point to the numerous daily instances of self described Hindus and Christians killing their wives, critics, rivals, enemies, or victims. But for some reason, people say those demographics did it in spite of their alleged beliefs, but only Muslims do it because of our beliefs.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
You may not realize this, but the majority of victims of "Islamic" terrorism are other Muslims.

Regardless who the victims maybe if there are any victims then that is a fundamental problem would you not say???...

RA

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Be critical of Islam just once, I am, and have been critical of Christianity can you afford the same veiwpoint?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
in spite of their alleged beliefs, but only Muslims do it because of our beliefs.

It will be because many acts are done in the name of Allah as was the case of the Muslim shop keeper murder in Glasgow. It was fairly straight forward with a admittance of the accused why he did it..

RA

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

And abortion providers are killed in the name of Christianity. And when American hate groups & their members attack black-majority churches here, they do it in spite of also being composed of Christians. Crimes are crimes.

edit: Hmmm... There's so much more that I'd like to say on this but my instincts are telling me to shut up lol.
edit on 7-4-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Be critical of Islam just once, I am, and have been critical of Christianity can you afford the same veiwpoint?

That's weak. I've openly spoken out against violent Wahhabism and many things in Hadith more than my fair share. And when I first got on ATS, I openly spoke about the best ways to combat terrorism, how to prevent the recruitment of new terrorists, and why we should stop funding and arming GCC countries. And I've even spoken out against the Kafala system and racism in many Muslim-majority countries.

But I'm also smart enough to know that individuals are responsible for their own actions.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Then what do you call those who kill in the name of Islam for speaking out against Islam?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join