It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Vermont) House OKs major tax for e-cigarettes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Thats why I bought an e-nail.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
a reply to: Lysergic

. But sure if people who vape like crazy and get similar deceases in lets say 10 years from now.. then you could prove that it's bad for you.

I mean how? you would have to look at the ingredients first, which do not cause cancer. Vaping started in about 2007, almost 10 years ago. There have been countless studies. There really is nothing there.

I had a lung x ray in 2010. My DR found no problem, but he said he could tell I was a smoker. The lung x rays of smokers are slightly cloudy.

I have had another lung x ray, 5 months ago. It was completely clear.
edit on 7-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Polypropylene gycol is 100% safe to vape?

I just remember it slightly altering the taste.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Of course studies are dependent upon their benefactor.😃Here's the first article I found:

Right here

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Polypropylene gycol is 100% safe to vape?

I just remember it slightly altering the taste.

It is safe to vape, 100%. It is used in food. It is NOT Ethylene Glycol that was once used in anti freeze.

I only tell people if after vaping for say 6 months (since former smokers may have a smokers cough or even worse smokers cough for 1-6 months after quitting) they have a dry throat or they feel they have an allergy to stay hydrated and to ask to reduce the amount of propylene glycol in your juice mix or get rid of it all together. Most vape shops are more than happy to do so.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Cool now I can be less of a snob when someone passes me a pen :p

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

Punitive taxes on vaporizers?! Way to discourage the continuing mass-exodus from tobacco! If they want to replace the revenue, why not increase the tax on Round-Upâ„¢, soy patties or some other actual carcinogenic product?

This is the Vermont House basically saying, "We love lung cancer, cardiovascular disease & emphysema and want to encourage the continued use of tobacco products.

Everyone who voted in favor of this should be forced to smoke 4 packs of cigarettes per day. They should also be required to pay their healthcare costs out of pocket.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Retarded. You want to save people money? You want to cut down on healthcare costs too? Don't tax vape stuff. Especially not excessively.

I'm so close to getting over my nicotine addiction. It's a very hard habit to kick and nothing else worked. Patch didn't do much, gum wasn't much better and gave me a terrible feeling in my throat like lozenges (thought they were worse).

It helped me kick the HABIT. I don't need to get up every hour to go outside and smoke. I take a puff, and every few months my nicotine levels are cut down. I'm at 3 mg now. I started at 24. Soon i'lll go to 1, then 0, then I can get off.

I feel WAY better, I smell AMAZING, I don't cough at night, my blood pressure has gone way down, I don't create as much litter (I was always super weird about picking up my butts, so I guess I create less trash).

Vape companies aren't big tobacco. They're Mom and Pop operations with the occasional larger company. Big tobacco is doing a TERRIBLE job getting involved. They sell awful products in an attempt to get people to stick with regular cigarettes. You need to spend some actual money to get a good mod and start quitting. Those crap sticks being sold at gas stations are not vaping. The big cig brands are selling them to dissuade you from vaping. They're terrible for a reason, you try them and figure nothing is better. You try them and think they don't compare. Try something good from a good vape shop. Show me $100 and I will help you cut your smoke budget in half. There is an up front cost, but it pays for itself pretty quick depending on how often you smoke. I smoked a pack a day, the American Spirits I smoked were about $10 a pack. $20 for a coil and juice lasts me a week now. That's a lot of savings. And I feel better. And I can go so much longer between a puff.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You are absolutely correct in all you say, Domo.

If your goal is 0 nicotine, I applaud you. It has taken me years to get to 15 mg.

As for your advice on cost, you are spot on.

if you try totally wicked on the internet or learn to make your own coils or juice, it costs even less.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I went in 2 months to zero.
Really it aint that hard. The rush you feel when quiting with cigarettes is much worse, I didn't even noticed that i went to zero at all.
But if you at zero you do think, why am I vaping!?

I do think I qonna quit vaping... but I always gonna keep it at hand, so I never fall back to cigarettes.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I, a heavy long term smoker for decades, quit completely off cigs and vaping after a 2 year slow decrease in vape nicotine content.
I have 3 other family members who used vapes to quit smoking..all of us being heavy smokers.

I find it hard to find the words as to how much contempt I have towards politicians doing this. I can think there is only 2 possibilities here. Either they are profoundly ignorant, or beyond any comprehension of evil and need to be put down like a rabid dog given they are genuinely trying to have their constituents die from horrible diseases and are preventing any genuine help. Either way, they need to be removed from power.

Other note:
There is an actual link from many of the popular flavoring to a carcinogenic found in the stuff they make butter flavored muck in those microwave popcorn bags. this has been linked to long term exposure causing cancer.
So thats not good, but, the strength is at a fraction of a fraction, so it is highly, highly unlikely to cause any damage unless you are like...breathing it in some sort of vape tent for a decade..then maybe. If you use the vape as a cutting down or quitting device for smokes, brilliant...if you use it once in awhile for say, going out for drinks, fine...but like all vices, its best to try to eventually quit that also. You are ultimately breathing stuff into your lungs that dont need to be there, so..dont abuse it. I think thats the best advice.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I, a heavy long term smoker for decades, quit completely off cigs and vaping after a 2 year slow decrease in vape nicotine content.
I have 3 other family members who used vapes to quit smoking..all of us being heavy smokers.

I find it hard to find the words as to how much contempt I have towards politicians doing this. I can think there is only 2 possibilities here. Either they are profoundly ignorant, or beyond any comprehension of evil and need to be put down like a rabid dog given they are genuinely trying to have their constituents die from horrible diseases and are preventing any genuine help. Either way, they need to be removed from power.

Other note:
There is an actual link from many of the popular flavoring to a carcinogenic found in the stuff they make butter flavored muck in those microwave popcorn bags. this has been linked to long term exposure causing cancer.
So thats not good, but, the strength is at a fraction of a fraction, so it is highly, highly unlikely to cause any damage unless you are like...breathing it in some sort of vape tent for a decade..then maybe. If you use the vape as a cutting down or quitting device for smokes, brilliant...if you use it once in awhile for say, going out for drinks, fine...but like all vices, its best to try to eventually quit that also. You are ultimately breathing stuff into your lungs that dont need to be there, so..dont abuse it. I think thats the best advice.

Right on! Heavy smoker here too. 3pks a day. The money I spent the last 48yrs, I don't want to know.

Taxing vapers at 92% is insane. They will just roll over to NH, NY, MA or Maine to get the stuff.

I vape now, 18mg usa mix, simple variable SMOK, 1.5ml tank. (I have 5 rigs) Fashion colors!

I smoke about 1/2 pk a day now. Love it.

It's much better than gum or patches, since it mimics smoking so well. Which hooked me.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

This is my very first post so please excuse any mistakes in sourcing or citing.

Santa Fe Tobacco, makers of American Spirit cigarettes, has been alleged to add ammonia to their tobacco to increase the amount of freebase nicotine in their cigarettes.

topclassactions.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Thats what I've figured, I mean I have had vapepens that had that glycol in it, I prefer my wax free of that crap tbh.

So I totally think the tax hike is #ed. Someone is benefiting from that bill, and it aint the childrens.

All vape juice will have propylene glycol unless you ask for hi VG or 100% VG. You have to go to a proper vape store to ask for this.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

I called the American Cancer Society at 800-237-2345. I spoke to a very nice man named Joel or Joe. He asked me the name and spelling of their person in the article and the name of the newspaper it was in. He took a lot of time to write down my concerns. I told him that teens do not normally have access to e-cigs anymore than normal cigs. I told him that this legislation only hurts the incomes of adults who have picked their best working method of quitting and that the American Cancer Society should be promoting this method along with all the others. I described to him my path to vaping after hitting what I felt was 'rock bottom' with smoking. He spent 17 minutes. I have talked to them before, as I had surgery for skin cancer in 2011 (unrelated to smoking).

He was very empathetic and said their organization welcomes all such calls. He stated that they are available 24 hours a day for anyone that wants to talk. To talk about cancer, to talk about smoking, to talk about vaping. To anyone that wants to state concerns with what anything anyone in their organization says.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy
burgerbuddy, we finally have something in comon

Your tank looks like a Vivi Nova, they often die/leak. I recommend a tank made by aspire or kanger.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial
a reply to: MystikMushroom

This is my very first post so please excuse any mistakes in sourcing or citing.

Santa Fe Tobacco, makers of American Spirit cigarettes, has been alleged to add ammonia to their tobacco to increase the amount of freebase nicotine in their cigarettes.

topclassactions.com...

Well, I'd like to know how what facts, studies, or tests they've run to come to these conclusions. I don't see anything at all.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I don't see any evidence, just a lot of accusations.
edit on 7-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I recommed a mod for example this 1 (cheap, small and pretty good!):

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Well you right probably, I don't think they can prove vaping is bad for you, if they could we would have known by now yes.
Still of course there is a small change somehow it a cause for something kinda bad, but for now nothing has proven yes and doesn't seems very likely they will find something really bad yes.

But with those new mods and when you see those insane big clouds it's almost hard to believe it's not bad for you lol..
edit on 7-4-2016 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join