It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, Why Do People Support Donald Trump?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
ME TOO!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ShrryPrhm

People who see it that way are not very political

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Lol whoa, you sure about that?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
The anti-Trump and pro-Trump movements seem to be a bit extreme and silly. On the anti-trump side you have people calling trump the next hitler and making him out to be the anti christ. Then, on the pro-Trump side you see people believing every promise and half-assed plan that Trump says. His anti-PC loud-mouthed attitude and his willingness to talk to alternative media attracts alot of alternative news viewers. Such as alex jones viewers.

Yet, Trump can say anything to get into the white house and uber pro-trumpers seem to forget that politicians can freely lie.

It amazes me how strong people are for , or against Trump. I guess big ego, charisma and lots of promises go a long way.

Trump making promises does not explain his solid support. In that respect he is no different to other politicians, therefore all voters must be extreme and silly when it comes to their preferred candidate, by your definition of extreme and silly.

I think it far more likely that his promises simply resonate with a group of people and the hate being thrown at Trump has served to strengthen and entrench support for Trump.

There is clearly though a big difference in terms of the negative reaction to candidates. What's driving it?

Is it that Trump is loud mouthed and non pc? Possibly.

Then again only a tiny fraction of the level of hate being spewed against Trump is being endured by the other candidates. There is plenty to hate Hillary about and indeed Cruz and Bernie. Some of the things they have said and done are actually far less PC and should have been a major story through the campaign, but they haven't been.

Take Cruz as an example. Trump got hit hard for the David Duke episode , despite having left a political party to object in the past because Duke joined the same party, despite disavowing him before the CNN interview STILL mentioned today. Cruz, on the other hand, actually attended and spoke at a religious fanatic's conference in which this fanatic openly told the attendees it was their duty to go out and kill gays. After his speech, Cruz went on stage and shook his hand. Where is the hit piece on Cruz for this???

I am sure we could write an essay each on all Hillary's non PC bloopers. Yet she is sailing through the campaign with barely a negative word against her.

Bernie racially insulted white people in the most openly racist statement made by any candidate I can remember - almost nothing in the media and now totally forgotten.

There is not an even hand at play here. That much is pretty obvious and many people have fallen for this bias, hook, line and sinker - so far in fact there is no hope they will ever admit they have been had. The reasons for the media and establishment bias is a much more interesting question and I think the conclusion is an inevitable one if you really think about it.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

explain how wanting change and willing to be persecuted for speaking your mind is considered scared and weak? If anything the ones who do nothing are the scared and weak.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Of the whole bunch, Sanders is the most protected!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Tiamat384

It is true, the majority his followers are desperate weak and scared.

They hate Obama and want a change so bad that they cannot see straight.

Hating Obama and wanting change is seeing straight.

As for his followers; desperate, for sure. Scared, rightly so. Weak? No.

The weak are people who follow their masters into oblivion and attack the very people trying to save them. The masters of our world today and of the shambles of the last 30 years are the same masters the weak are huddled around in 2016.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack

explain how wanting change and willing to be persecuted for speaking your mind is considered scared and weak? If anything the ones who do nothing are the scared and weak.

Star for you - though I would hope any sane person is very scared about the direction we have been travelling in the last few decades.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: CosmicSmack

Star for you - though I would hope any sane person is very scared about the direction we have been travelling in the last few decades.

That's true...I'm sacred that the Corporate Oligarchy has taken complete control and no politician can or will go against the real power brokers in the US. Not Trump, Cruz or Clinton...

We deregulated ourselves and handed the keys to the kingdom to the neocons, bankers, wall st. and the CFR. They own the political parties and mock the electorate for their stupidity.

The only thing that has any meaning in this current political culture is Money. As always...Money talks and BS ideologies are for goobers.

edit on 7-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: ipsedixit

Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy?

I'm just getting into it, at the following link:

ffilms.org...

It's very funny so far. We've reached the "great garbage avalanche".
edit on 7-4-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy?

I'm just getting into it, at the following link:

ffilms.org...

It's very funny so far. We've reached the "great garbage avalanche".

That is a funny film - we are pretty much there now. The consumption of reality TV, stupidity and laziness of the US people is startling in it's parallel to the film.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I thought it was hilarious the way the military recruited the female subject of the experiment and the army officer who recruited her (from her pimp, because no female in the army would do the experiment) was sucked inevitably into "the game" and wound up being indicted and jailed.

And this is just an incidental to the main story. Looks like an excellent movie.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I don't support trump but I love how it makes the progressive sjw scum cry

edit on 7-4-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He certainly has people talking, and he has pissed off a lot of people. I'm from New York and people like Trump are a dime a dozen back east. New Yorker's aren't afraid to speak their mind and they can be brutally honest about their opinions. That's what outsiders hate about New Yorker's; we're not politically correct, we're rude, we're crude, and obnoxious. It's the thing I miss most about NY. Living in the land of plastic people, aka California, you never know who's who because everyone is so damn phony they can't even speak their minds. Bunch of ass kissers, and worse yet, two-faced and backstabbing. If a NY'er doesn't like you, you're going to know about it...they aren't going to pretend to be your friend while talking smack about you behind your back. I've been a lot of places and its like that, people want to toe the line with what everyone else wants. Screw you and screw that.

What you see with a guy like Trump is what you get. I don't agree with everything he's said and done, but he isn't afraid of what you or I think of him. He's got enough courage to go upstream. You can't trust an ass kisser. I'd rather you speak your mind so I know exactly what you're about, not hide behind some BS character you've turned yourself into. But I don't hate anyone for their opinions, no matter what they are. I can disagree with you and still be friends with you...well, sometimes. People can't seem to do that most of the time, which is why people either like Trump or they hate him. Fear is what causes that hate; people are afraid of disagreement, of differing opinions and philosophies. It's what drives racism and discrimination and all sorts of unsavory human behavior.

I SUPPORT TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES YOU OFF AND GETS YOUR PANTIES ALL IN A BUNCH. (making that a bumper sticker)

And anger gets people thinking, and moving, and into action. My bet is that if by some miracle he is nominated, voter turnout will be record breaking this election day.
edit on 201671201600000030 by odd1out because: clarity

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

He is stimulating but I don't think America has declined to the point where an "ironic President" (think Rome with Caligula) would exactly fit the bill.

Caligula might be the wrong example. I'm sure the Donald doesn't wish that America "had but just one neck".

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: odd1out

I agree with what you said, but I think America should start to show a little depth on the roster of potential Presidents. I'm hoping for a brokered convention and a "knight in shining armor" to appear. Michael Bloomberg is somebody who might be on my wish list, if I were a Republican.

I don't like chaos and I think we are heading for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Well, I agree with you on that and the signs are definitely pointing at CHAOS...which is actually moving in some kind of direction as opposed to stagnation. Truth be told, Trump isn't a good idea for president. I think he should just sit in at every meeting at the White House and interject whatever comes to mind...that sounds like fun. Ya, special advisor to the WH!

edit on 201671201600000030 by odd1out because: edit

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Trump might make a great Secretary of Commerce or something to do with international trade. Maybe he would be a good hired gun on negotiations, a consultant. At least he would learn something in the position. A lot of times, it seems to me that he is talking through his hat.

He might also teach something to American negotiators.

The international trade issues are the ones where he speaks most assuredly. Unfortunately he wants to start with the top job and even more unfortunately, many of his supporters are under the impression that there is no particular skill to politics or even that political skill is a liability. That is NAIVETÉ writ large.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

Trump might make a great Secretary of Commerce or something to do with international trade, maybe he would be a good hired gun on negotiations, a consultant. At least he would learn something in the position. A lot of times, it seems to me that he is talking through his hat. He might also teach something to American negotiators.

Experience in govt is a bad thing right now. Career politicians should be shunned. They are tainted. Completely bouht and paid for.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The system seems to be controlled to a significant degree by financial and corporate interests, granted, but in Trump they will have one of their own in the top job. (Bloomberg too, for that matter, if it comes to that)

I think there is an unfortunate trend happening among the public these days, which is to write off politicians completely. There is no question, in my mind, that big time corporate power would rather do an end run around "the process" whenever possible. This needs to be moderated in shrewd ways. It will never be curbed completely. Politicians can assist that process, I think.

As an oligarch, himself, I don't think Trump is qualified to perform that political function.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join