It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, Why Do People Support Donald Trump?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: ipsedixit

plus idiots act a fool towards him.

This is my second post, and the first where I've quoted. Apologies if this doesn't appear properly in the thread.

Anyhow, this reason you've pointed out is essentially the prime reason I consider myself a Trump supporter - if I can honestly claim to support any of the candidates. The shame of it is that it has close to nothing to do with supporting Trumps platform and practically everything to do with the satisfaction of spiting my liberal/progressive peers. To be clear, I'm not bragging about it; I feel more like I'm making a dirty confession.

The city I live in is renowned for its progressive politics (or Godlessness, depending upon who you ask) and I am a musician, which means that the political fare I'm typically treated to by my peers is of the far-left variety...pretty much all the way to the left in ways I'm sure you can easily conceive.

I would be utterly blacklisted in my community if it were common knowledge.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Trump was sued by someone from the union involved and dragged the case through the courts for an unheard of 15 years before finally agreeing to a settlement, the terms of which were sealed by the court. He paid. The union was happy with the settlement.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Hitler started out saying mean things. According to Ivana, the Donald used to keep a book of Hitler's speeches on the bedside table. His political persona is that of a "milk and cookies" Hitler, granted, but it is still worrying.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

Trump's clothing line is made in Mexico and China.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

"the Donald used to keep a book of Hitler's speeches on the bedside table"

If you take aside all the killings, the scare tactics, the man was a great orator, I dont see anything wrong about someone keeping a book...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

There may be class war in the United States, or an impending class war, but Donald Trump is the last person in the world who should be leading it. A class war whose leader wasn't a millionaire's shyster son would be far more believable. This is where the dumbed down quality of the average American comes in.

They aren't class warriors. They are class wannabes who are lapping up the poison fed to them by somebody who has been taking their money for decades and breaking rules he says he is going to enforce.

edit on 7-4-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Hitler was a very shrewd social Darwinian politician. He was a cynical person when it came to politics and his chief method of getting what he wanted was to lie to the public. I think the fact that Trump, in some ways, demonstrates similar political tactics, is cause for concern.

Satire:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Most liberals and even some Conservatives done like Trump because they are afraid he might create them a job and have to help pay taxes.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

man, every politician lies, every one of them! they arent saints. The first thing they learn, is manipulation.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Trump is not anti-establishment as he is popularly believed to be. No billionaire is, and as you point out, he acts like every other politician. If it walks like a duck . . . etc.

Like it or not Trump supporters have convinced themselves that Donald Trump is not just another politician, but he is just another politician. In fact he might be worse, because unlike all of those other politicians, he has been slick enough to actually convince people that he is not a politician.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

probably support him as he is the best out the crap thats available.

trump at least speaks his mind while the rest lie and do what they want anyway.

im not from USA so i dont vote there, or here in UK to be honest, never have. Not until someone comes up who actually represent the people an not banksters.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

A class war whose leader wasn't a millionaire's shyster son would be far more believable
both idiots TBH

i suppose the good thing with this is that he has billions, so pay off's from corporations would not be much interest to him.

like Hillary takes money to do speeches etc.

just a thought but think they are

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven
Amen to that!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I plan on reading Mein Kampf at some point of my life. It is history. It is literature. No comment on my evidence huh. Not surprised.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I've had experience with people whose posts consist of a dozen or more links before, in the 9/11 forum. Posts like that are a waste of my time. I'm not fooled by them and neither is anybody else.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Ah I love liberals. They call other people idiots, fail to provide evidence, do not argue against your arguments and do not even glance at your evidence.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Have you read the Tarpley article yet?

And by the way, I'm a conservative, a former Bush supporter (betrayed! grrrr
), but a compassionate conservative who doesn't see enlightened conservatism as a way of sneaking the slave economy back in by the side door.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

originally posted by: tadaman

plus idiots act a fool towards him.

This is my second post, and the first where I've quoted. Apologies if this doesn't appear properly in the thread.

Anyhow, this reason you've pointed out is essentially the prime reason I consider myself a Trump supporter - if I can honestly claim to support any of the candidates. The shame of it is that it has close to nothing to do with supporting Trumps platform and practically everything to do with the satisfaction of spiting my liberal/progressive peers. To be clear, I'm not bragging about it; I feel more like I'm making a dirty confession.

The city I live in is renowned for its progressive politics (or Godlessness, depending upon who you ask) and I am a musician, which means that the political fare I'm typically treated to by my peers is of the far-left variety...pretty much all the way to the left in ways I'm sure you can easily conceive.

I would be utterly blacklisted in my community if it were common knowledge.

I hear ya, it's stuff like this that is getting him more supporters everyday.

Check out Ms Huffington,

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

sometimes evidence is not needed

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join