It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Plans To Decide Whether To Reschedule Marijuana By Mid-Year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Really, this should be a no brainer BUT the govt makes too much money off of it being illegal so I predict it won't be rescheduled.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If 10% at least of the youth today have a perscription for speed, then it is about damn time.

Seriously how many here on ATS even are taking adderral? Its chemical name is amphetamine. Sold on the street as speed people. Exact same thing.

There are countless other examples. Practically any pain killer is simply more pure Heroin..

Gah. I pray the DEA does something right this time. And if they do legalize one day? Heads should roll and bodies should hang.

Every person in jail for only personal weed should equal one DEA agent or politician to the gallows.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Really, this should be a no brainer BUT the govt makes too much money off of it being illegal so I predict it won't be rescheduled.

Well the war on drugs is a money sinkhole for the government. What you are talking about are the individuals in high ranking government positions as well as high ranking business positions making too much money off of it being illegal. After all, the government has to pay the prisons that house some of these people...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Hold on just one second. I am seeing a lot of pro marihuana talk here. Have you really not seen reefer madness? I think we really need to think about the children here.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I disagree with your far reaching opinions of pot smokers. I have been around them all my life-smoked a bit myself. The pot smokers are definitely laid back types and I have to add not the brightest bulbs nor the most goal oriented types. They did not care about much in particular excepting chilling; which is okay with me.

However, the heavy drinkers that I know have been hard driven, high achieving type-A personalities who drank to relax from their hard working days. This group is by far the more intellectual and caring of the two.

I am sure there are exceptions and many who have experienced the opposite but this my experience.

By the way, I don't drink or smoke but could use the medicinal values purported by pot these days and definitely would be using if it would help me physically; and a little high would be okay.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The gov't itself is not really what I'm talking about, it's the politicians who accept donor money to keep things the way they are, and they include Big Pharm and the private prison complex. Plus, law enforcement loves having it illegal because they get loads of cash. So in the end, the gov't itself, which is paid for by the people, gets screwed which means the people are being screwed, especially non violent drug offenders.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Well I think that's anecdotal nonsense. Tell that to say Steve Jobs or Elon Musk, most of Google, Facebook, musicians etc. The most complex system of music created is probably bebop jazz and all those guys burned.

You can go to any gheto in the world and see drunk slobs everywhere.

That in no way means a drug makes a type of person.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Double
edit on 6-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

They should lift the ban on hemp while they are at it.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Nobody with two brain cells left to rub together ever bought that one. It is pure political BS.

That said -- I live in Colorado. I really could care less what the Feds do, honestly. I never cared before, and I still don't. The only difference? I'm 46 now, and could care less about getting high. Irony is the central force in this world, clearly.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The same people the marijuana movement has been fighting since the beginning are suddenly going to lay down their arms? I'll believe it when I see it. These aren't trustworthy people and their whole organization exists to stop drugs at all levels. They need marijuana illegal because it keeps them in business. This is not a new war and the players are still the same on both sides.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Like many things, it can be viewed simply as an exercise in rationality.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreatyeah it is more dangerous because you can grow it in your garden thereby cutting out the money that big pharm would get by making the drug . they did not want to lose money thats all

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Your wrong there. I used to smoke, now I don't, legalize it I will again. I know I'm not the only one.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Ehhh... Maybe once or twice.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The gov't itself is not really what I'm talking about, it's the politicians who accept donor money to keep things the way they are, and they include Big Pharm and the private prison complex. Plus, law enforcement loves having it illegal because they get loads of cash. So in the end, the gov't itself, which is paid for by the people, gets screwed which means the people are being screwed, especially non violent drug offenders.

What's new? Amiright?

edit on 7-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

The same people the marijuana movement has been fighting since the beginning are suddenly going to lay down their arms? I'll believe it when I see it. These aren't trustworthy people and their whole organization exists to stop drugs at all levels. They need marijuana illegal because it keeps them in business. This is not a new war and the players are still the same on both sides.

Yeah, like I said in the Op. I'm not holding out hope or anything here; I just saw some new developments. It'll probably be the same old song and dance again, "Nope. Marijuana is evil. Now let's get out of here so we can hit up happy hour and destroy ourselves with legal depressants."

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

too much can ruin the mind

Ummmmmm, what?

No too much will not "ruin the mind ".

That's just crazy talk. What does that even mean? Please no propaganda bs.

The drugs that ruin the mind are already legal . alcohol, benzos, antidepressants, and so on.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Don't forget Aderol. They pass it out like candy.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Hold on just one second. I am seeing a lot of pro marihuana talk here. Have you really not seen reefer madness? I think we really need to think about the children here.

What was that? Sorry I didn't hear you over this rock and roll and/or jazz music...........

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join