It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I bought a crown (for my head).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Yeah, I was sitting here the other night and I have no idea what prompted me to do it, but I bought a crown. Not a plastic, Halloween throw-away thing, a metal one on Etsy. I guess it's shipping from Yugoslavia or something.

The way I see it, the world is getting nuttier and nuttier every day. I get my news form Comedy Central. I get my comedy from CNN. We might elect Trump as president. And apparently orange is the new black. Or something.

Anyway, the way I see it -- to many of us sit around and expect/let other people make decisions for us. We don't live our lives the way we want, and expect things to just "happen".

Hell no, I'm the KING of my life. I'm the RULER of my reality. Besides, people take themselves way to damn seriously these days anyway. People need to learn to just have fun and stop being so damned serious all the time. If the world sucks, you have like...maybe 60 more years tops left of it anyway.

So yeah -- I bought a crown. Nothing to flashy -- just something I can wear to the grocery store or whatever.

Here's a picture of what it supposed to look like:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The King is dead, long live the King!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

I need to get some Elvis music or something, or maybe some Game of Thrones music on my phone to play as I walk around.

I have a Yoda costume for my Chihuahua. When she's wearing it on walks, I'll play the Star Wars theme on repeat as loud as my phone can go. I usually get a lot of smiles and laughs. Who knows, that boring-looking soccer mom who waved and smiled might have had a really crappy morning until she saw Yoda-dog.

I think the crown thing is kind of symbolic. I'm living my life for ME because I'm tired of just being a passive observer to my life and the world I find myself in.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
That is a fantastic gift to give oneself.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
That's rather tasteful.

Have you thought of buying a title to go with it?

Check out the Principality of Sealand - they're flogging some.

Sorry not to be able to provide a link, but they're easy enough to find on Google.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I think the crown thing is kind of symbolic. I'm living my life for ME because I'm tired of just being a passive observer to my life and the world I find myself in.

That is exactly why I said "The King is dead, long live the King" as you have taken the control. The former King (the world) that constructed your world is dead, the new King (you) constructs your world now.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Oh, now I get it! I thought it was an Elvis reference. *facepalm*

That's exactly what I meant!

I justified it another way to my girl, "Hey, now I have the start on an awesome Halloween costume, and you can just be a queen. There ya go, no stress come next October.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Get a chalice and a big ass chain and you could pretend to be a famous rapper

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I have a Yoda costume for my Chihuahua. When she's wearing it on walks, I'll play the Star Wars theme on repeat as loud as my phone can go. I usually get a lot of smiles and laughs. Who knows, that boring-looking soccer mom who waved and smiled might have had a really crappy morning until she saw Yoda-dog.

If I were out walking and saw a cute little Yoda dog, who's owner was blasting the Star Wars theme AND wearing a crown. That would make my day more than "a little" better.

Hail to the King, baby.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
How much did it cost?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I am seriously worried....A Crown ?

I almost spilled fine wine from my golden chalice.

Lucky I had my staff to help me catch it.

I nearly soiled my fur lined cape.

A Crown, Pfft

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Lovely!

Everyone needs a little outrageous bling, every now that then!

Reminds of this episode of the Big Bang, Amy and her Tiara!

I have a golden tiara that my daughter bought me for my birthday years ago. Now it's traditional birthday attire for me! LOL

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

you seriously wearing this to shops?

You be your king of your life, i will be the god of my life. no crown needed

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Now just cook up some cheeseburgers and you can be the burger king.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I hope you wear every time you have sex or throw out a top-notch zinger on ATS, I know I would.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The way I see it, the world is getting nuttier and nuttier every day.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?

The crown is actually cool. You need to get the whole thing, though. Robe, scepter. Where you live, it should be easy to get some nice skins to have a robe made from.

If you get the throne, make sure you get the one from Game of Thrones. It'll match your crown.

I love that kind of stuff. I have a few medieval weapons around the house.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Congrats on the new headgear, it's lovely!

The crown for a King or Queen shows power, legitimacy, immortality, righteousness, victory, triumph, resurrection, honour and glory of life after death.

Um, consider the possibility that some behavior modifications may be in order. : )

(It's adorable)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Nothing to flashy -- just something I can wear to the grocery store or whatever.

HAHAHA!!! This is the part that did me in. F-Wording Awesome!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

With the Crown of its showers and rains,
with the Crown of its illuminating lightning,
and the hand of its clouds,
A Crown wrote a letter upon the garden,
in dark blue and green.
No Crown could conceive of such things.
And this is why the earth,
grown jealous of your Crown.
Now take your beautiful Crown,
don't frown and love your new Crown!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

My avatar has a crown, in real life I just bought myself a cowgirl hat!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join