It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland: No Abortions, No Exceptions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In Europe, Poland is the most pro-life country. They may further secure that title as they adopt even more rights to unborn babies by banning ALL abortions.

This comes after a baby that was being aborted for down syndrome survived the abortion attempt and was left for 22 minutes screaming in agony on the changing table before she died.

The recent legislation was ignited by the highly publicized incident two weeks ago whereby a baby was born alive after two botched abortion attempts and then left to die screaming unattended in the hospital.

link

The ban would mean that even babies that are a result of incest or rape would be entitled to life. The best part is that this is spearheaded by Polands 52 year old female Prime Minister Beata Szydło.

This may be a huge win for those of us who believe that the most innocent humans deserve the right to life.

Ghost
edit on 4/5/2016 by maria_stardust because: Revised all caps title

+37 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Abortion prohibition is not ever a good thing. Coat hanger treatment sound familiar? That is all that happens when you outlaw something people will do anyways, back alley black market versions of it.

It is better to keep such things in a safe environment.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Good. I'm proud of my country. I hope to return within a few years.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

Jesus Christ I just read the story about the failed abortion.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Coat hanger treatment sound familiar? That is all that happens when you outlaw something people will do anyways, back alley black market versions of it.

Bad. After bad. After bad.

Doesn't make it right.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That baby which died was in a safe environment, a hospital, and was left unattended and died anyway after surviving two murder attempts by the doctors.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

If a mother chooses a coat hanger murder to 9 months pregnancy and adoption, that's her prerogative.

I'll always advocate for an innocent child's life over a woman's convenience, even if it's unpopular.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am still wondering if that "no exceptions" means who cares if the mother dies before the baby is even viable. I mean that's what it means to me but all the articles I've read have all griped about the rape victims not getting an exceptions, I kind of think they'd at least mention that there's no exceptions in cases where the mother's health is at risk.

I am still looking into weather or not they provide subsidies for birth control for women. I've read where they pulled it years ago, but can't find anything where they gave it back so I don't think they help their poor get birth control either. They catholic church opposed that also..

so, well, they might not have anymore babies surviving abortion laying on the table crying till they die. but, I think the third exception that had was if the baby was badly deformed. so well, if the hospital staff is so callous that they'd leave an aborted baby to die like that, what makes you think that all those badly deformed babies won't get the same treatment?

the real problem was that the staff left the baby to die after the failed abortion attempt. that's just cruel. if a baby survives an abortion, hey, maybe it deserves to be cared for?? try your best to at least comfort it!! maybe save it if possible!!!

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Does the female rape victim get any say? Or is she simply to accept the fate that the rapist gave her and as well as deal with the trauma of being raped must accept that she will have to have the child - this law could therefore actually end up punishing rape victims who do not wish to carry a rapists baby to full term and beyond.

I guess some people support the governments right to control what can and cannot be done with a woman's ovaries.

A blanket law for something that should be addressed on a case by case basis is doomed to failure and will send it underground - further risking the lives of women who may be subjected to botched or dodgy procedures.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Abortion prohibition is not ever a good thing. Coat hanger treatment sound familiar? That is all that happens when you outlaw something people will do anyways, back alley black market versions of it.

That's the type of thing that had Canada decide (years ago), that doctors in a hospital setting, can do abortions up to 20 weeks, but they prefer it to be around the 7th or 8th week, when there's still no visible development.
Nothing good ever comes from prohibiting anything completely

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Why does it suddenly deserve to live after the failed abortion? If it deserves to live why not aim to induce a premature delivery instead of an abortion?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The best vengeance a rape victim can have is to bring the innocent child of a perverted act into the world out of love.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Who is churchmilitant.com, the source?

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Coat hanger treatment sound familiar? That is all that happens when you outlaw something people will do anyways, back alley black market versions of it.

Bad. After bad. After bad.

Doesn't make it right.

So let's just make sure bad happens?

originally posted by: MysticPearl

That baby which died was in a safe environment, a hospital, and was left unattended and died anyway after surviving two murder attempts by the doctors.

So the website churchmilitant puts up a piece with zero substance to the story other than what the "reporter" says "witnesses" said. This is your peice to fight abortion? Really?

originally posted by: ghostrager

If a mother chooses a coat hanger murder to 9 months pregnancy and adoption, that's her prerogative.

I'll always advocate for an innocent child's life over a woman's convenience, even if it's unpopular.

Link showing this was a 9th month abortion please. Otherwise just stop.

originally posted by: snowspirit

That's the type of thing that had Canada decide (years ago), that doctors in a hospital setting, can do abortions up to 20 weeks, but they prefer it to be around the 7th or 8th week, when there's still no visible development.
Nothing good ever comes from prohibiting anything completely

Finally some damn common sense.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yet when there is legislation that says:

1) The clinic must have 24/7 access to ambulatory services, or
2) Appropriate sonogram devices must be used in the third trimester, or
3) The mother must view and understand the risks of an abortion

...pro-abortion advocates scream to the rafters.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Says the person that doesn't have to carry it for 9 months...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

"That which is denied gains in power and seeks strange and unexpected forms of manifestation."
edit on 4/5/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

the fact that the mother was even allowed to have an abortion means that either there was problems in the pregnancy that either endangered the mother, or that the baby was very badly deformed, or maybe she was a rape victim.

of the three of those exemptions, the one I am least concerned with is it being a rape victim, sorry, but I think the rape victim can still safely have a healthy baby...
if it was the health of the mother at risk, well once the baby was outside the womb, it wasn't a risk to her anymore was it? and well, if it was because they detected a problem with the baby??? well now they are going to have many more babies being born with problems if this passes, what, they gonna let them all laying on table waiting for them to die???

After the baby survived the administration of abortifacients on Friday, the doctor induced birth on Sunday, leaving the unborn baby on the changing table crying alone. No anesthetics or other care was given to the baby.

An abortifacient ("that which will cause a miscarriage" from Latin: abortus "miscarriage" and faciens "making") is a substance that induces abortion. Abortifacients for animals that have mated undesirably are known as mismating shots.

en.wikipedia.org...

sounds to me like they induced labor twice...it's quite possible that if they had provided it with the proper care, it might have lived!! but, well, I'm sorry but even if it was obvious that it wouldn't live that long, they could have done something to make it more comfortable!!

the child had down's syndrome by the way...

Witnesses say an abortion performed March 7 at Holy Family Hospital in Warsaw resulted in the birth of a live 24-week baby, who was left to scream in agony for an hour until he died. Personnel did not help the child in any way.

www.churchmilitant.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I guess some people support the government's right to control what can and cannot be done with a woman's ovaries.

I wouldn't go that far. But, I would strip a physician of his/her medical credentials for violating the spirit of the Hippocratic Oath. Clever how that's been modified in these 'modern times' to get them over this hurdle. Easy enough to put it back.

If it's okay to kill an unborn baby, perhaps it should be okay to summarily execute someone who's committed an act of rape. Eye-for-an-eye and all. Maybe we oughta also track down and kill the people who raised the rapist ... and kill his educators ... and kill everyone in his social circles. I bet rape rates would drop through the floor. Wouldn't that be a good thing?

But there'd still be some woman somewhere who wanted an abortion. What then?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nope, I can't have babies. But if you gave me the option of 9 months in prison and several hours of torture to ensure a baby was given the chance at life, give it to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Says the person that doesn't have to carry it for 9 months...

If they don't want to carry, then they should have said 'No' in the first place.

Thankfully, rape/incest is a vast minority of cases, 1-2%

www.abort73.com...

WHY DO ABORTIONS OCCUR?
On average, women give at least 3 reasons for choosing abortion: 3/4 say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or other responsibilities; about 3/4 say they cannot afford a child; and 1/2 say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner (AGI).
Only 12% of women included a physical problem with their health among reasons for having an abortion (NAF).
One per cent (of aborting women) reported that they were the survivors of rape (NAF).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join