It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smacks down Trump’s border wall plan

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Making it about numbers only can make it racist. For example, I could just conjecture back, duh, their country has 4x[and that's a rounding error, if you even BEGIN to consider countries right behind it] the population of Canada. So we still need a Canadian wall, just a shorter one. :^)

Also I could argue that it has nothing to do with what you claim, and that your true motive is your checkbook, not legal immigration, and your stance is only thus because Canada has an enormous border, while Mexico is hellsgate.

To all the other stuff- fair enough.

Ps. I'm still nothing short of pissed only 1 personal addressed the actual tunnels, and now I have to go back and star him.

...most of that didn't make a whole lot of sense, but I'll respond to the tunnel if it makes you happy.

Tunnels are only be feasible/useful in specific areas. They would create bottlenecks. If we have a administration that is serious about border security then it should be easy enough to figure out where the tunnels are. Plus, from what I hear the wall will be underground as well, at least 6 feet, maybe 10. It'd take more than a shovel and some spare time.

"The wall" is a conceptual punching bag. There is not, and will never be, a wall.

If you don't understand the first part, I'm not calling you a racist, but racists don't know they're racists ^^; The concept is equality. You're right it's unreasonable, you're wrong that that it's "fair".

Equality is not about being logical, or we wouldn't let Asians drive. A better example is we would absolutely forbid Muslims from skipping airport security because "Muh God", but I see it all the time, and in a nutshell that's what it boils down too. Asians like to street race, not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all Mexicans cross the border ilegally.

Building a wall only hurts our relationship with them, and only building a second wall across the entire border of Canada would difuse their feelings of being unwanted and cause them to understand the difference of the issue.

Basically the worst stereotype of White People is we're ALL racist. Coming together as a country and voting to wall off Mexico, when there are Syrian Refugees, Cuban tire drifters, and illegal Canadian Aliens, is racist. We're blocking one denomination, and merely acting like others don't exist.

You have to act equally. You need a Canadian wall. You're pissed about remittance? That's fine. You need to address New York Taxi drivers though too. The arguement that you're solely push idealology, but only apply it to a specific group of people is prejudice. You're just not allowed to treat someone in a manner that judges their culture. It's not civilized. A wall is a monument to a terrible breed of thought: Mexicans can't follow the rules. They aren't going to stop by Phoenix for the Green Card, and they're going to avoid taxes and send our money away. Well guess what, a wall address none of that. It just gives them the finger before they have an opportunity to be American.
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack
Have you fenced your property; or know of anyone else (as an individual) EVER fenced their property? Why do they do this if just a conceptual project? Fear of what, what are you in fear of "Why are you fencing your perimeter" my industrious (perceived to be of good will) neighbor? Is the old thought form SAYING: "Good Fences make Good Neighbors" have any meaning or truth?
edit on 6-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

There already is a wall. Obama de-funded it. It is needed. Almost every country in the world has borders.

What is funny is that a sitting POTUS is taking a non-nominated candidate and treating him like a current issue.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Couldn't tell you. I don't even lock my door. Is fear of the unknown ignorance or is denying the unknown ignorance? I pick the later. Being in fear sucks.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If there's already a wall, why scream "HIGHER"? The first wall isn't flawed. It was never designed to work.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If there's already a wall, why scream "HIGHER"? The first wall isn't flawed. It was never designed to work.

How was it not designed to work?

I lived on the border where there is a fence. It worked just fine.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Couldn't tell you. I don't even lock my door. Is fear of the unknown ignorance or is denying the unknown ignorance? I pick the later. Being in fear sucks.

You dodged my question (not about locking doors). It was about others perceived fears of the unknown and why they have them. You may be ONE not in fear of anything; but will never convince OTHERS why their OWN Ignorance is the source of their fears. You have to explain why you think THEY are Ignorant and position yourself carefully on a soapbox (so as not to fall off).
edit on 6-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I mean, obviously, then why do we need another one? If it's "working"? My original question kind of defaulty assumes it doesn't or there wouldn't be a topic in the first place.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Lol. You can watch me try. That's objectively what I'm doing right now isn't it? Canadians don't lock their doors, do you fence your property because of Mexicans?

Fear isn't the answer for anyone. It's a symptom of sickness.

Google "blame shifting" projection, and cross reference that with "The Secret".

You were robbed, because you bought a lock sir.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I mean, obviously, then why do we need another one? If it's "working"? My original question kind of defaulty assumes it doesn't or there wouldn't be a topic in the first place.

It isn't complete.

Its more then just a fence. Under Bush's administration they ordered a complicated electronic fence/radar/detection system. It was very expensive and a failure in operation.

It was pulled and put on indefinite suspension before Obama took office.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

There are gaps in it; some would say the worst are the Border Patrol Stations wherein the Mexico side says for this amount of money I can tell you when and where to cross when US Border Patrol is looking elsewhere (TEXAS; a bleeding out artery).

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

If you yourself quote it as a failure, and America who develops the forefront of military technology can't build a wall,

How is that not designed to fail?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Texas Republicans are hicks.

They're also the last breed of non-crazy Republicans, and worth listening to. They demand liberties all the time. It's a conceptual issue they'll defend until TOLD to stand down. I have faith in Texas to save us, or leave us to doom. I have no faith in anyone BUT Texas figuring it out.

I went to Texas Tech and even in Lubbock you can smell racism in the air, you can also Freedom underneath that. They ain't no dumb indoctrinated hicks. They figure it out all the time. The rest are just sheep.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Lol. You can watch me try. That's objectively what I'm doing right now isn't it? Canadians don't lock their doors, do you fence your property because of Mexicans? Fear isn't the answer for anyone. It's a symptom of sickness.
Google "blame shifting" projection, and cross reference that with "The Secret".
You were robbed, because you bought a lock sir.

That is an interesting form of "Karmic backlash"; have you experienced it personally (you lock your doors and so shall be robbed). I live within 60 miles of the Mexico border. I have had illegals come to my door and ask for hot drinks/food/water. I was told by Border Patrol "You cannot do this (even as in a humanitarian effort) are breaking the law". So, I built a fence.
edit on 7-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

If you yourself quote it as a failure, and America who develops the forefront of military technology can't build a wall,

How is that not designed to fail?

Its not just a wall. There are areas along the border where it is not practical to have a regular wall. The electronics didn't work right. It was deemed too costly to continue. Not sure if "they"re" continuing to workout the bugs.

I guarantee you Mexico isn't gonna pay for it.

And no matter what anyone says, illegals crossing on the southern border have dropped considerably under Obama's presidency. Facts are facts.

They're coming in by boats now along the coast. Even using submarines.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
I live within 60 miles of the Mexico border.

I could walk to Mexico where I lived. Except, ya really don't wanna trigger any ground sensor.

Vans used to pull up on the canal in front of my house. People would get out and take off through the lemon groves.

I never had any problem. They never came on my property that I know of.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

It's Murphy's Law. The goal isn't to set yourself up and experience it.

Bad things happen enough. Don't consider them.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Texas Republicans are hicks.They're also the last breed of non-crazy Republicans, and worth listening to. They demand liberties all the time. It's a conceptual issue they'll defend until TOLD to stand down. I have faith in Texas to save us, or leave us to doom. I have no faith in anyone BUT Texas figuring it out.
I went to Texas Tech and even in Lubbock you can smell racism in the air, you can also Freedom underneath that. They ain't no dumb indoctrinated hicks. They figure it out all the time. The rest are just sheep.

Your statement holds so many oxymorons: I AT ONCE think I may be dreaming; (I could be in church or at the local Carnival wondering if I should continue to loose money at "ring toss" "wack a mole" or eat more sugary treats; cotton candy). I am not sure if you are vilifying Texans, complementing its citizens/government or encouraging that state to succeed from the Union? Did I fall down a rabbit hole here?
edit on 7-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Wait? I said something we can agree on?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump should just hire China to build the Great Wall of Trump between the US and Mexico and be done with it....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join