It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it morbidly amusing, that while the world's human population edges ever closer to the abyss with wars and terrorism, corruption, the potential for new plagues thanks to antibiotic resistance, pollution wrecks our atmosphere, animals go extinct en masse, etc....and our politicians seem to be one flavor of bat-guano or another....

That everyone's so blasted busy staring at their genitalia and trying to figure out what to do about it?

How did we become a culture so fascinated by our nether-regions?

The world has the potential to go to hell in a hand-basket at any moment. The doomsday clock is 3 minutes to midnight....

And we're talking about hoo-haws and ding-dongs like the fate of the free world hangs on a big gay erection.

WTF
edit on 5-4-2016 by SisterDelirium because: left out a word

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Annee

that's my point!! he/she would be walking into that restroom with you!!
and this is not just as alarming as men who appear to men but identify as being women walking into that bathroom?

it's a stupid law!

OK, just wanted to be clear we understood each other.

Yes, it is a stupid law.

A stupid, unfounded, fear based law.

But, what's worse - - this new law is broader then just the transgender bathroom issue. Its a full on legal right to discriminate against all LGBT in the name of religion.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium
Does anyone else find it morbidly amusing, that while the world's human population edges ever closer to the abyss with wars and terrorism, corruption, the potential for new plagues thanks to antibiotic resistance, pollution wrecks our atmosphere, animals go extinct en masse, etc....and our politicians seem to be one flavor of bat-guano or another....

That everyone's so blasted busy staring at their genitalia and trying to figure out what to do about it?

How did we become a culture so fascinated by our nether-regions?

The world has the potential to go to hell in a hand-basket at any moment. The doomsday clock is 3 minutes to midnight....

And we're talking about hoo-haws and ding-dongs like the fate of the free world hangs on a big gay erection.

WTF

SOUTHERN politicians are the only ones. Religious based, dogma is doing this not everybody.

There is a latent( in the west) and outstanding in the ME, religious war going on: old time religion versus modernity and change.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

WTF

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly molding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

Just had to

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just hope and pray the religious folks in the west don’t crack up like some of the ME religious fanatics have done.

Believe me, there's going to be some kind of back lash soon...

Here in the west it’s already come in the form of white nationalism (the nine dead black people in a church) and white militia movement (McVeigh)…

All we need is a religious nut to cause real problems.

I think its a good thing most of the religious fanatics in the west are older people...Too old to be too crazy

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The whole point seems moot. It's not really enforceable, anyway. The whole thing is childish. The SC politicians, Intel's response, the whole thing is buffoonery squared.

As for old time religion vs modernity... did anyone ever think that maybe change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing?

There seems to be this element that wants to basically reinvent the wheel with regard to human behavior. Our ancestors weren't all backwards idiots. If people toss out the wisdom of those "old time religions" along with the, admittedly, backward parts, they'll be doing themselves a disservice.

Tradition isn't always good, but neither is change. There's good and bad in either. Unthinking tradition being replaced by unthinking change just seems like more of the same: people doing rather than thinking.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

it's easier to make up stupid issues to work on than to actually work on those real problems and have to actually try to find solutions to them???

after all, we can't make the politicians work too hard, right....heck, wouldn't want to start seeing steam coming out of their ears from those rusted old brains when they fired up!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
time.com...

Mississippi also just passed a discriminatory law as well, in the name of religion.

the Mississippi legislature recently passed House Bill 1523, the “Protecting Freedom of Conscience From Government Discrimination Act.” With tortured language that would make George Orwell cringe, the bill allows business and government to deny services based on “sincerely held religious beliefs.” Private businesses and faith-based organizations, if Governor Phil Bryant signs the bill into law, could refuse to serve members of the LGBT community. County clerks could deny them marriage licenses. All in the name of something strangely called religious freedom.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty tired of hearing about other people's sex lives and whatever lives in their pants.

I'm tired of the people who throw whole parades to celebrate where they stick it.

I'm tired of the people who organize prayer rallies about where they stick it.

Just shove it, and shut up.... I don't even care. I really, really don't. I just don't want to hear about it anymore.

If we could just keep the whole place from falling apart or blowing up, that's what I'm interested in. Screw the rest--literally if you must, just don't freaking tell me about it, okay?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Okay, ATS! This is absolutely legit, the real deal and absolute proof we are being visited by extraterrestrial aliens.

What happens when a member posts something like this here? It gets debunked and we all pat ourselves on the back thinking how clever we are denying ignorance and all that and how we can know fraud and disinformation when we see it.

ATS, DON'T BE PLAYED BY THESE "BATHROOM BILLS"!

I would ask that anyone seriously interested in getting to the truth of this issue take a look at what is behind the curtain and where the motivation for this is coming from and think for yourself. Here's a clue: this has nothing to do with keeping our women safe and everything to do with fear, manipulation and flat out hate and bigotry.

Without intending to spark partisan debate this bathroom nonsense which is aimed directly at transgender people is a direct backlash from marriage equality and is part of the official Republican National Committee Platform

Another recent thread here was about a similar law in Kansas where legislators planned to offer a $2,500 bounty for any student "outing" a transgender student for using the bathroom that matched who they were as people. I would encourage everyone to read my posts on this subject starting here

There have been more senators arrested in bathrooms for sexual misconduct than there has ever been transgender people. There are 255 cities and 17 states that have laws that allow a transgender person to use the bathroom consistent with their gender identity and no rise of incidents or arrests have been reported or identified.

Without going off the deep end and making my own head explode over the lunacy of all this and the emotional and psychological damage it can cause to transgender children and their families, I am begging people to take a better look at this. Please!

Trans Bathroom Bills: Don’t Believe the Hype

Anti-Transgender Bathroom Bills are Unconstitutional

Anti-Transgender Bathroom Bills: Common Sense and Nonsense

All She Wants? To Not Have to Show Her Birth Certificate to Pee

North Carolina Enacts Law To Allow LGBT Discrimination

North Carolina’s New Anti-LGBTQ Law Is Vicious, Shameful, and Unconstitutional

An Open Letter to a North Carolina State Legislator

Open Letter to Candace Cameron-Bure and North Carolina; Let Me Help You Understand My Son

Conservatism — License to Discriminate

Governor McCrory Is a Bully

When Jesus Needs the Facilities, What Will Jesus Do?

Trans Student To Governor Of North Carolina: “This Is What Trans Looks Like”

Beyond the bathroom, this is now perfectly legal in North Carolina

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Well you realize that the only reason that there are Gay Pride and LGBT parades and the like is because many of them are discriminated against, persecuted, bullied, belittled and many of them chose to commit suicide.

Homosexuality is not really a choice just like Heterosexuality is not a choice. I didn't wake up this morning and decide "...hey, it's Tuesday, I think I'll be sexually attracted to women today. " And neither did you.

So, although I understand what you're saying to a degree, I don't think you realize the real reason for these parades and things.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Sounds like your problem is that you are equating homosexuality with butt sex and those two aren't necessarily interchangeable.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Now I understand why mayor of Atlanta Ga enacted a travel ban to NC.
link

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Willtell

The whole point seems moot. It's not really enforceable, anyway. The whole thing is childish. The SC politicians, Intel's response, the whole thing is buffoonery squared.

As for old time religion vs modernity... did anyone ever think that maybe change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing?

There seems to be this element that wants to basically reinvent the wheel with regard to human behavior. Our ancestors weren't all backwards idiots. If people toss out the wisdom of those "old time religions" along with the, admittedly, backward parts, they'll be doing themselves a disservice.

Tradition isn't always good, but neither is change. There's good and bad in either. Unthinking tradition being replaced by unthinking change just seems like more of the same: people doing rather than thinking.

I have great sympathy for what you say.

Indeed the new should learn to respect the old as well as the old respect the new.

But like Jesus said (and I’m not a Christian but follow wisdom from any source)

“Physician heal thyself”

we just need to heal ourselves and stop worrying about others

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

you mean they actually want that he/she, guy, whatever using the lady's room and freaking the old ladies out?? that is worse than them being bigoted religious folks, that's just plain downright stupidity!!! either there will be enough old ladies in that bathroom to club the poor he/she/whatever to death, or some little old lady will probably die of a heart attack moving so fast trying to get out of the bathroom!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Why? Is this transgendered person going to be walking into the bathroom with her skirt around her ankles or something? Or do women just naturally peer over stalls at each other so they know if they should be terrified of a pervert peeing in the stall next to them?
edit on 5-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

www.abovetopsecret.com...

so making a interracial couple move out of the rv park could have very well been legal if it had happened just a little bit later in the month!! how nice...

some of us have some pretty quirky spiritual beliefs, they better watch out, because well, they can't decide the merits on any of those beliefs!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In my younger barhopping years, us gals used to go to gay bars whenever we wanted a "girl's night out" without having to deal with the hassles of straight men trying to pick us up all night long.

Anyways, at these gays bars the male looking men (as well as masculine looking lesbians) would use the men's washroom and the transexual feminine looking men would use the ladies washroom. Basically, everybody would use whatever washroom they felt best suited their sexual identity.

It didn't bother any of us "real" vaginas to be peeing in a stall next to someone who lifted up their skirt to pee from a standing position.

No big deal.

*shrug*

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
the person was a she, but now looks very much like a male!! to be more specific, I think I've seen some in the hell's angels looking less intimidating! that is why!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join