It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Oh the fun never ends! I guess that's what happens when you don't go to bed until 6:00 AM and don't get up until noon because you've spent all night trying to advocate and inform on these issues!

H ow to Tell If the Person Peeing Next to You is Transgender (Satire)

Without proper regulation, people may take advantage of being free to choose which bathroom applies to them. As Americans, we must remove any and all freedoms if an individual can abuse them. We can’t just let citizens make up their own minds about how they identify. That would be like letting the president choose his own Supreme Court nominee.

By diligently checking the sex of everyone who walks into a restroom, you are protecting not only yourself, but other vulnerable groups. State officials want to ensure bathrooms are just as safe as all those other gender-restricted places where sexual assault never happen, like Catholic schools or prisons.

Mississippi upsets North Carolina in the transgender-hate department because Jesus

The ALCU’s Erik Fleming: It basically sanctions religious discrimination. It is reminiscent of what happened 50 or 60 years ago in this same state. People say that it is just religious, but there were people who had a religious belief that black and white people should be segregated, and you’re opening that Pandora’s box again.”

GE, Dow, Pepsi, HPE, Hyatt, Choice Hotels,Levi Strauss & Whole Foods Urge Lawmakers to Repeal HB1523

Dow Chemical, HPE, Choice Hotels, Alcoa Urge Lawmakers to Abandon Bills Targeting Trans Youth in TN

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: ShadowsOfEridu
Maybe I'm missing something but how significant is the trannie population that this is actually an issue? The U.S. has become bizarro world. Down is up and up is down.

Their trying to hold on to some kind of morality…you understand… each side.

The religious right wants to maintain what they think is right and the liberal left want to initiate a new or extended morality based on the fact of pluralism and the fact of LGBT human beings.

It’s a conundrum. An issue of deep division that will not be easily resolved.

How difficult is Equal Treatment to understand?

No one needs to understand why some are LGBT --- they just are.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowsOfEridu
Maybe I'm missing something but how significant is the trannie population that this is actually an issue? The U.S. has become bizarro world. Down is up and up is down.

I would like to kindly point out that the use of the word trannie/tranny is considered by many in these transgender communities to be a derogatory slur of equivalence to using the n-word when referencing a black person.

As noted in one of the links I posted earlier, this legislation potentially affects 300,000 people in the 15 states where it is being proposed or has passed.

Additionally, gravity hasn't changed.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: Generation9
Don't trust your parents. Don't trust your religion. Don't trust your pants.

North Carolina stands to lose $4.5B in Federal education funding alone but then again, they've held up the stereotype of being a bunch of dumb hicks pretty well in the eyes of most folks so maybe they don't need no edjumacation?

Have you ever actually been to that state? Most people are very, very chill, one of the more laid back places you can find in the U.S. As far as "dumb hicks" goes, see universities like Duke and Carolina, the Research Triangle, etc. People from North Carolina are working on breakthroughs in technology and science at this very moment, while you on the other hand are doing..... what exactly?

Considering your age, I should perhaps put this down to a bit of senility, but regardless you should tone down the hysteria. More than likely, 90% of North Carolinians weren't even aware of this bill being passed until it became national news.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

As a TSG, I can attest to everything you said.

I also still wouldn't want to live there though.

These same people star'd crap out of my comment it would never go very far anyway.

I'm more annoyed a man wrote the bill pertaining to the women's bathroom. Women need to stand up for themselves and voice their own opinions for once.

Trans aren't "woman" enough to get it done alone.

Btw, no offence, but you're doing the same thing she is. You're on ATS. Just makes you look judgemental while simultaneously hypocritical. You need look no further for successful trans than me, even if I'm hated here. I've invented numerous tech.

This links every frame of television in real time to relevant websites.

And that's peanuts.
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

Considering your age, I should perhaps put this down to a bit of senility, but regardless you should tone down the hysteria. More than likely, 90% of North Carolinians weren't even aware of this bill being passed until it became national news.

I have sympathy for the good people of North Carolina and Mississippi that have had this legislation ramrodded into law as part of a backhanded conservative republican agenda and for the negative impressions these actions have cast upon your states as a whole. On the other hand, who is responsible for these people being in office and in a position to cause this backlash in the first place?

I am sorry that many feel these regressive and discriminatory policies apply to your state in its entirety and reflect poorly. I have nothing against you personally and the people in these states that find these laws as abhorrent as I do.

As to my senility - trust me, I'm sharp as a tack. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I haven't said a word against trans people, not sure where you're getting that from.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

People from North Carolina are working on breakthroughs in technology and science at this very moment, while you on the other hand are doing..... what exactly?

You tried to play it off like she's doing nothing important. She is doing something important. We all our. Unless you're suggesting a public format isn't important and only a waste of time.

Again no offence, you're included. Your comment brings perspective. Being included is partial to this topic.

It doesn't matter who you are.
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I have sympathy for the good people of North Carolina and Mississippi that have had this legislation ramrodded into law as part of a backhanded conservative republican agenda and for the negative impressions these actions have cast upon your states as a whole. On the other hand, who is responsible for these people being in office and in a position to cause this backlash in the first place?

Most states have areas that are more progressive and areas that are more conservative.

What these asswipes did - - - was make a state law that disallowed any county/city to make their own choices.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I am sorry that many feel these regressive and discriminatory policies apply to your state in its entirety and reflect poorly. I have nothing against you personally and the people in these states that find these laws as abhorrent as I do.

As to my senility - trust me, I'm sharp as a tack. Thanks.

Just try not to piss off people that might be on your side. Some people are partial to their stomping grounds, despite those grounds occasionally being sullied by certain people's #ery.

originally posted by: imjack

You tried to play it off like she's doing nothing important. She is doing something important. We all our. Unless you're suggesting a public format isn't important and only a waste of time.

Well the activism itself is important, I suppose. To those whom it concerns, anyway.

As for posting on the Internet being important, generally? Questionable.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No, it's not questionable at all, because if I am reading it, it's important, you see.

Unless you want to start a dispute over how important I am. I haven't been here long. It's been quite the journey.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Just try not to piss off people that might be on your side. Some people are partial to their stomping grounds, despite those grounds occasionally being sullied by certain people's #ery.

I live in California near Hollywood.

Tell me about stereotyping a state.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

you'd think the golden rule would cover it...
I mean if you'd hate to be denied housing for reasons that don't really have anything to do on weather you would be a good tenant or not, well, just don't deny housing to someone else, unless you learn that they have a history of being horrible tenants and neighbors.
if you know that even though you were born a women but now look more like a man, well, got into the men's bathroom if you think that your presence in the women's might be rather upsetting to it's occupents.

my god, since when has religious doctrine banned the idea of being kind one to another!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

my god, since when has religious doctrine banned the idea of being kind one to another!

When man took it over.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

When man took it over.

Best answer EVAR!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of women don't want biological males in the same bathroom.

North Carolina is simply seeking to minimize the war on culture that's seeking to
disseminate perversions against morality.This law was passed as the majority of the constituency in North Carolina are
opposed to an obvious insidious strategy of coercion to influence public opinion.

As a black man I'm insulted when any LGBT activist uses discrimination language
against homosexuality, transgender, as though it's the same civil rights offenses
that were perpetrated against blacks. Such an attitude is terribly ignorant of why
the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was proposed and ratified.

Thankfully their are people in North Carolina with the foresight to understand
any radical deconstruction of gender, with policies to accept such nonsense
is detrimental to American culture.

Oh really. SO its not true that Black people were denied access to bathrooms whites used? Wasnt that dicrimination?
Also Its know that most MEN in general dont want to deal with LGBT individuals for the off chance their masculinity is compromised or called into question. Transgenders DO get discriminated against in many of th esame ways(except for crosses in the yards and KKK members ) Didnt MLK teach You and others to celebrate differences and to come together instead of being pulled apart by bigotry and mis understandings?

Theres no war on culture. Yours and everyone here is the AMERICAN culture. The only thing going on is the war to change minds to be more tolerant and for them to actually Practice what they preach.

OH to add. Abraham lincoln was a racist. look it up. in his own words no less. the civil war was about money and not about the slaves in truth. he even broke the laws when he passed the amendment after the war preventing states the option of secession. not to mention 11 laws he broke during the civil war.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Abraham lincoln was a racist. look it up. in his own words no less. the civil war was about money and not about the slaves in truth. he even broke the laws when he passed the amendment after the war preventing states the option of secession. not to mention 11 laws he broke during the civil war.

Yes, he thought blacks were inferior.

However, he thought it morally wrong for one human to own another. He didn't think God would approve.

He considered shipping slaves to another country so they could colonize their own "country". They didn't like that.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just to remind myself and make it clear(er) why I keep going on about this, I've found some more pictures to share and I'll use a well worn line and thought commonly used for other situations involving kids:

-- Think of the children --

Think of the painful and unnecessary extra difficulty these laws are causing and the additional amount of stress, anxiety and bullying, harassment and additional danger these kids have to face now that they have to use the boy's bathrooms in school in these two states. Beyond the maybe 70 to 150 children that do have some level of public visibility, there are thousands across the country attending schools where their classmates may have no idea they are transgender that can be outed with these types of laws. I've intentionally focused on the girls 'cause that's what the republicans do but there's nearly as many boys facing the same thing.

Distress is a far insufficient word to describe the pain this is going to cause in these young lives and to their supportive parents that now have to deal with their children's crushed emotions and threatened identities and the worry of what this kind of exposure can do to their kids especially for those that transition young.

Regardless of your feelings about transgender children or their parents, whether you believe this is wrong or against your religion or nature or whatever, these kids are real and they exist. Just for a moment put yourself in their parents shoes, what their own struggles might be like and ask yourself how you're going to feel about the state forcing your daughters or sons to use a bathroom that does not match who they as people everyday and know themselves unequivocally to be.

Think this is just an unintended consequence of keeping the big bad adult transgender imposter out of bathrooms? Think again. Perhaps with a degree of hyperbole involved but I've heard these laws called genocide attempting to erase transgender people entirely.

Obvious emotional appeal? Overly dramatic and maybe even redundant at this point? Absolutely! I have no shame when it comes to wanting to keep these kids safe and happy and give them the best chance possible to grow up to be healthy and productive adults and valued members of society. These lives do not need to be made any harder than they already are.

I've recently come across this video of a very together, cute young transgirl getting ready to start her senior year in high school discussing the apparent ease and success of her "transition" and the reactions of her classmates and teachers which is not necessarily representative of the way things go for a lot of these kids but inspiring nevertheless.

I can say with a fair degree of certainty her road getting to this point was not quite as easy as it may seem and that it must take hella strength and resiliency to stay in a school where her life before was known. Clearly, she has no delusions about the body she was born with or how she got to where she is and maybe it's just me but I can't see anything other than a typical and cute teenage girl that's going places in life. I said earlier that transgender girls are not boys. Am I right?

Thanks to anyone that has waded through my posts on all of this and for your consideration of just how heinous and wrong these anti-trans laws are. There's not really a lot of things I get upset over but this certainly qualifies as one of them.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
i live in nc and pay ripoff can go elsewhere . and how is it discrimination for making someone use the correct for their gender restroom facilities especially in high school ? i was a horn dog like most of my peers back in them days and would have loved to have access to the ladies locker room. just because a person says they are this or that does not mean they are being truthful and you got to think of others rights too

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Did you even look at all those little m/f transgender girls Freija posted?

You really want them using the boys bathroom?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join