It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Reveals How Mexico Will Pay For Wall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Trump says he will force Mexico to pay for the wall by denying Mexican immigrants from sending money back home.

First off I don't how this is legal, or even possible. This guy reminds me way too much of a dictator. Makes me uneasy to be honest.

TextDonald Trump said he would force Mexico to pay for a border wall with the United States by blocking Mexican immigrants from sending money back home, the Republican presidential front-runner told The Washington Post in a memo.

I'll add the link later. My phone keeps throwing me off the site.
edit on 5-4-2016 by solongandgoodnight because: Link

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I would like to know how he plans to make that happen...........

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat
Exactly. Sounds unrealistic and extremely discriminate.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

That sounds like a GREAT way to abuse civil asset forfeiture laws! I bet everyone is SUPER happy that those still exist!

*sarcasm off*

God Almighty!

This is sheer madness! Pretty soon, people will simply start digging tunnels, not for idiot mob bosses to escape through, or for the smuggling of illicit compounds and firearms, but just exclusively for cash. The builders of the tunnels will likely as not charge a percentage of the amount that is being transported, and send the rest on once the pallet of funds has been secured at the other end. This is clearly going to wind up causing the relatively innocent action of sending some food money home for the kids, into some money laundering, smuggling operation, which will probably stiff the consumer of the transport service and be thousands of times less secure than it needs to be.

Well done Donald. Way to grasp the fundamentals of the situation well enough to totally avoid addressing them!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

wait until he uses this type of demand on the american people.

dont do what i say - ok i will cut off your gas supply, or stop sending food stamps.

good luck USA

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Here is some further information.

In the two-page memo to the Post, Trump said he would take the threat off the table if Mexico made "a one-time payment of $5-10 billion." The transfers would be allowed to continue once the wall is funded, Trump said...

Remittances sent from Mexicans living in the United States are a crucial part of the Mexican economy. Nearly $25 billion in U.S. remittances were sent home last year, the Post said, citing the Mexican central bank.

Source

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Or they will start a Mexican firm overseas and start offshore banking...the possibilities are endless

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am OK with this, as long as the money being blocked from going into Mexico, is from illegal immigrants. In fact, I support it.
I am not OK with telling American citizens what they can and cannot do with their money. I cannot support that.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
so what your saying op... is you have no problem with an illegal immigrant coming to this country, taking advantage of the situation... putting themselves on tax payer paid welfare programs, food stamps, and welfare, and then sending that money out of this country? how is that fair to americans? they are illegal, they dont belong here, and then the free money they get isnt even spent in this country. instead billions are sent back to mexico. and its not just mexicans. i know immigrants from yemen. buffalo ny is full of them... well the suburb lackawanna ( if you remember the lackawanna 6 ) they over stayed their visas, they are illegal, they get 1450 a month in snap food stamps, they get 850 a month in welfare, and section 8 housing. they work at a warehouse at 15 an hour, and i heard them say they send something liek a grand to their family in yemen each month.
this needs to stop. illegals are taking taking advantage of our systems meant to help people who are down on their luck.
build the wall
add tariffs to incoming goods
make it a felony to come over the border
triple the border security force.
# make america great again

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't think even the most extreme renditions of Cartman are as Authoritarian as Drumpf has become in the last 12 months.

Respect...

Mah...

Authoriteeeehhhh!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Logistics aside this sounds like a great idea.

This is a political threat with no teeth but will still make the mexican gov take notice.
I dont see how this is any different to the business as usual MO of American threats of sanctions.

Trump is so unPC im not sure whether its scary or awesome

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yeah I don't see anything wrong with keeping Illegal Immigrants from coming here illegally, earning a wage illegally, and then sending it back to their own country and not even spending the money in the economy which has allowed for their whole scheme to happen.

It's a scheme and we've allowed it to happen, Trump is simply saying he won't just sit idly by while illegals game the system at the expense of American citizens.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Possible? Yes. I lived in China for 2.5 years and I was not allowed to send Chinese money out of the country and I even had a resident permit.

I had to have my Chinese assistants send money to my wife and son for me. I tried to send via Western Union and was told I had to be a citizen or permanent resident.

Never tried to send from a bank account to another offshore, so cannot really say, but pretty sure I would have been told the same thing. The Chinese do not like their money sent out of their country.

The 2nd way they prevent it is there are not all the options available like in the US. I only saw a few WU and there are no xoom, transfast, moneygram, etc. Do an online search and try to send money online to or from China. You might be surprised.

Of course, there are ways to get around it in China. Having a resident permit allows you to have a bank account there. Get two ATM cards on that account and mail one abroad. You deposit into your account and the abroad cardholder withdrawals. There is a fee added to the cardholder by that bank for the international transaction, but it is not much.

Here in the Philippines, there are money exchangers everwhere on the street. That could be a black market in the US. They do not want dollars here, but rather the value of the dollar in their own currency. Last I checked it was just above 46 Phil pesos for 1 dollar, which is a lot here.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
I am OK with this, as long as the money being blocked from going into Mexico, is from illegal immigrants. In fact, I support it.
I am not OK with telling American citizens what they can and cannot do with their money. I cannot support that.

How exactly would THAT money be reclaimed? Going through people's mail? Something which is a federal crime.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
so what your saying op... is you have no problem with an illegal immigrant coming to this country, taking advantage of the situation... putting themselves on tax payer paid welfare programs, food stamps, and welfare, and then sending that money out of this country? how is that fair to americans? they are illegal, they dont belong here, and then the free money they get isnt even spent in this country. instead billions are sent back to mexico. and its not just mexicans. i know immigrants from yemen. buffalo ny is full of them... well the suburb lackawanna ( if you remember the lackawanna 6 ) they over stayed their visas, they are illegal, they get 1450 a month in snap food stamps, they get 850 a month in welfare, and section 8 housing. they work at a warehouse at 15 an hour, and i heard them say they send something liek a grand to their family in yemen each month.
this needs to stop. illegals are taking taking advantage of our systems meant to help people who are down on their luck.
build the wall
add tariffs to incoming goods
make it a felony to come over the border
triple the border security force.
# make america great again

Illegals aren't allowed to use welfare... Any welfare programs. You need a SSN to go on social programs. Get a clue.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So in other words there will be no wall.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So Precise.
Not to mention that sanctions do not harm rogue Governments, they harm innocent citizens like children and the elderly.

Castro didn't miss a single breakfast lunch or dinner during the embargoes...
Innocent people did though. Millions of them.

If Drumpf is as intelligent as his snowflakes say he is...
Then they willingly supporter someone who finds starving people acceptable.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Banks would facilitate it because under current banking regulations.

For example, you cannot get a mortgage if you aren't a US citizen. There were a few banks doing "ITIN" loans for a minute, which was basically a way of saying giving mortgages to illegals as illegals typically have an ITIN number but not a social security #.

All Trump is saying is that he would require banks verify legal citizenship prior to transferring funds.

This isn't all that unusual or groundbreaking. He is absolutely right, the US has the upper hand. Even if he didn't require verification of citizenship, a nice tax on those funds going to Mexico would certainly offset some of the cost.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"Trump says he will force Mexico to pay for the wall by denying Mexican immigrants from sending money back home"

Aaaah! bless.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
All you need to send money abroad these days is a paypal account.

How is Drumpf going to block illegal immigrants from using paypal?

Short answer: He can't. This policy is abject nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join