It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious constructions in Egypt!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hi guys, can anyone figure out what these constructions are in the Egyptian desert, 45km East of Cairo as seen on Google Earth? I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they are or were or their purpose.

I have included their exact coords at the bottom of the pic for those who want to check it out for themselves.

By the way, how come there are no roads or tracks around them? Surely there should have been roads leading to this site? Or how are they being approached? How about tell tale track marks of their construction? Have they been obliterated by design? Or covered with layers of sand over the years (though there hardly is any sand in the area!)

Looks like a heliport of some kind with ramps leading on to it. But then, where are the approach roads? And those strange geometrically placed circles around the larger construction?

Thanks to Holy42 who discovered them!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Already posted and explained HERE

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Where's the explanation?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ooops! Thanks Terry! Didn't turn up in 'search'!! But what's the explanation? Not solved yet! Just guesswork in that thread!

The questions I raised have not been answered! What EXACTLY are they? Some say solar power plant, others say missile sites, still others alien base!!! Jeeez!

Any Egyptians here who can tell us what exactly are these constructions?

edit on 5-4-2016 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye

Where's the explanation?

5th post down.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The UAE and Egypt have signed an agreement to build a new $45 billion administrative capital in the outskirts of Cairo, state news agency WAM reported.

Capital City Partners, a private real estate investment fund headed by Emaar Chairman Mohammed Alabbar, will build the new Egyptian city, it was announced at an investment conference.

A city with pre placed Radar and missile Silos ?

Have they "The Egyptians" Decoded something from the Pyramids ?

Just speculating here.

Fox.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I have seen images of solar power plants from above, that ain't look like one of them.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: foxhound2459

Nice theory, but sadly wrong.

It's a solar power plant.

Link

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye

I have seen images of solar power plants from above, that ain't look like one of them.

All you're seeing is the building. How many strange shaped buildings are there in the world?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Your link states,

South Sinai Governor Khaled Fouda announced on Tuesday the intention to use solar energy for all lighting in the resort city of Sharm el-Sheikh, which currently relies on solar energy for 70 percent of its lighting.

However Sharm el Sheikh is a costal resort ? Not anywhere near the Dessert.

Fox

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: foxhound2459

Your link states,

South Sinai Governor Khaled Fouda announced on Tuesday the intention to use solar energy for all lighting in the resort city of Sharm el-Sheikh, which currently relies on solar energy for 70 percent of its lighting.

However Sharm el Sheikh is a costal resort ? Not anywhere near the Dessert.

Fox

And you get you electricity from right next your house?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Link

Solar power plant? I don't see any solar panels out there!! And where are the approach roads/tracks? No semblance of them anywhere! Were they doing all the construction work and maintenance using anti-grav platforms? Lol!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrionHunterX

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Link

Solar power plant? I don't see any solar panels out there!! And where are the approach roads/tracks? No semblance of them anywhere! Were they doing all the construction work and maintenance using anti-grav platforms? Lol!

You do understand that it's in the desert, right? Desert has sand. Wind blows sand over roads quite easily.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

You sound so confident about this place like you are working there... Care to blow a whistle instead?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

But the same sand would cover the Solar panel's as well

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: foxhound2459

But the same sand would cover the Solar panel's as well

Road tends to be on the ground. Solar panels are raised from the ground.

From what I've read (in multiple places) it was under construction when those photos were "discovered".

ETA: I'm leaving this thread now as its a bit on the daft side.

Have fun.
edit on 542016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
There seems to be roads leaving the big structure heading north and south probably along old dirt tracks and to the north the looks of a dried up river bed, the circular things could be some sort of sand/wind traps to make life easier for the builders and reduce the sand inside the building.

The place looks pretty dry so a perfect place for a document store along with perhaps antiques etc sort of like a boneyard for paperwork etc, doubt its for a datacentre as i don't see much cooling ability from the picture.

Whatever it is i'd say its designed to deflect wind/sand from the east and who knows it could just be enough to help stop encroachment from sand into Cairo.

I just thought as well it could be some sort of flood control system as well, when it does rain perhaps the area gets rather flooded and causes all sorts of trouble so those round objects are big tanks to hold a few million gallons of water and reduce the flood water and at the same time allow more year round agriculture in the area or feed the Cairo thirst.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

the flooding stopped in 1970 with the aswan dam.
it wouldn't stop sandstorms, i was stuck in one in sharm last september, good satellite view in that link.

egypt does have a problem with drinking water, its cheaper to buy petrol than water.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Looks quite like space facility launch pads to me.

Examples (if someone can embed the images linked please help):

Wikipedia - space shuttle Complex 39 Launch Pads A (foreground) and B

Pad 39 A

Wikipedia - Render of the Space Launch System on a pad

Pad 39 B Again

The larger, V-Shaped structure even appears to have flame trenches (channels that redirect the flaming hot exhaust gasses away from the structure) in the base. The straight-edge one might have the flame trenches facing away from the v-shaped one, and therefore aren't visible in that angled shot.

The round embankments surrounding the larger structure could be placements for infrastructure?

All in all though, if it IS a rocket launch site, it'll likely be for large rockets... which doesn't explain the lack of other buildings in the area.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Camel toe water slide...Yea??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join